Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    anyolne got a Wa that plays a sound when target casts drain ?
    i got the WA from wago but would prefer a sound for that
    Try this:
    Code:
    dOJ9caGAvs6LQKAxcfBJKAMQumxPy2s1nPs62QQ2PQI9I2nP2Vkb)uuAyIIFRuVwLsxwYGvjYWb4qQe6XuYXa6CKKfQk1FfvwSQKLlYdvf8uOLbONdAIQe1ufmzLmDIlQsIRQsLNjKUofBuu1PvSzvSDQutJs9vvQ6ZuX3fk1ifkzCsPrtLy8QcDsvr3siUgjCEvLoOq1HPQVrIMGmqCi(ulv64TQM4RvwnS5(YFBCtYdBCTwJVjupkMubBgRTMiKiWyIgJkI)exexmq8XSNdSeMpIAqL2TkudeOYw7wqvQ5jITnXVzphyjmVTkGkAbTbgvLkGzaJQKNi22e9wYS1qgicfFsyGiCB0lIp1sLoERQj(ALvdBUV83g3K8WgxR14BWTrVGnXNuS2jDmBhhIRDo42Ox8nfkepBTKV7DGeZEx4MNFUcX(2VyGO47LwyG4VPldduOqCnNZyz6Yxgi(B6YWafket7EXaXFtxggOqHia3aeFV0cde)nDzyGcfIjVvXaXFtxggOqH4XBjZwZaXFtxggOqHcXu5mBD4lGIO3K8V8jIRbEvJ2sg3frFVt0OL044ujgiA0Jq81gcbPq0BjJ7kKghNk56Ev8teWmeL044ujgikFbueHIxmqIgD5U0crVr2enWkheq178nrdSYz0JW3eHakR5mw3PhH4RnecsecO6DIxo5h9fU0nZPiAGvoiGYAoJvoJEe(My5U0cXh8qHOrpcXxBieKcrxQXXfH5vy32QuDgvkbccQqLAf8eXwnrT5pKghNkb5hqIZI41pF46lsm2ZsCH5v3MPfuz0wfGkZOiQIO8eX2Mcr38dOnqqkKa

Quote Originally Posted by NirmalaZdC View Post
    Try this:
    Code:
    dOJ9caGAvs6LQKAxcfBJKAMQumxPy2s1nPs62QQ2PQI9I2nP2Vkb)uuAyIIFRuVwLsxwYGvjYWb4qQe6XuYXa6CKKfQk1FfvwSQKLlYdvf8uOLbONdAIQe1ufmzLmDIlQsIRQsLNjKUofBuu1PvSzvSDQutJs9vvQ6ZuX3fk1ifkzCsPrtLy8QcDsvr3siUgjCEvLoOq1HPQVrIMGmqCi(ulv64TQM4RvwnS5(YFBCtYdBCTwJVjupkMubBgRTMiKiWyIgJkI)exexmq8XSNdSeMpIAqL2TkudeOYw7wqvQ5jITnXVzphyjmVTkGkAbTbgvLkGzaJQKNi22e9wYS1qgicfFsyGiCB0lIp1sLoERQj(ALvdBUV83g3K8WgxR14BWTrVGnXNuS2jDmBhhIRDo42Ox8nfkepBTKV7DGeZEx4MNFUcX(2VyGO47LwyG4VPldduOqCnNZyz6Yxgi(B6YWafket7EXaXFtxggOqHia3aeFV0cde)nDzyGcfIjVvXaXFtxggOqH4XBjZwZaXFtxggOqHcXu5mBD4lGIO3K8V8jIRbEvJ2sg3frFVt0OL044ujgiA0Jq81gcbPq0BjJ7kKghNk56Ev8teWmeL044ujgikFbueHIxmqIgD5U0crVr2enWkheq178nrdSYz0JW3eHakR5mw3PhH4RnecsecO6DIxo5h9fU0nZPiAGvoiGYAoJvoJEe(My5U0cXh8qHOrpcXxBieKcrxQXXfH5vy32QuDgvkbccQqLAf8eXwnrT5pKghNkb5hqIZI41pF46lsm2ZsCH5v3MPfuz0wfGkZOiQIO8eX2Mcr38dOnqqkKa
    thanks /10chars

Deleted
    Does anybody know why the Horrors in the Blood DK tank challenge are stationary when they cast their Nether Storm?

I have watched videos of other tanking classes playing this scenario and their Horrors keep moving normally when they cast Nether Storm. My problem in phase 2 is that Kor'vas Bloodthorn keeps dying to Nether Storm. This is the main reason why I can't beat this challenge. Now if the Horrors would keep moving like they do for other tanks, it would make everything much easier, but if they are stationary, obviously Kor'vas will keep dying, because it doesn't matter how you move Kruul when the Horrors start casting Nether Storm, as the Horrors will pretty much always be guaranteed to be right on top of Kor'vas.

I started to write stuff down after my first few attempts. I'm a BDK with item level 900 and here are my statistics...

Amount of times I got into the second phase: 46
    Amount of times Kruul and everything else despawned: 8
    Amount of times Kor'vas died to Nether Storm: 34
    Amount of times Velen died: 2
    Amount of times I got knocked off the platform: 1
    Amount of times I died to Annihilate: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    Without stating your class this really doesn't help much though.
    LOL oops, good call. I am a guardian druid.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ord_kruul_atm/

Just a heads up for ppl attempting it. Can't confirm it myself since i don't want to waste my shards atm if it's true.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post

Just a heads up for ppl attempting it. Can't confirm it myself since i don't want to waste my shards atm if it's true.
    Thanks for the heads up, man. Very important info! Everybody check out that link and DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AND NETHERSHARDS UNTIL THIS IS FIXED.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post

If it is true, that is kind of funny.

First it is overtuned as fuck, then you got bugs such as invisible knockbacks from invisible eyes / reforming infernals. Velen standing around doing nothing while still doing shit dps (The guy is the fucking prophet of the light, but his smites only deal like 100-150k damage?), Kor'vas sometimes continues to stand in shit after you move the boss, Kruul not moving even after you are like 20+ yards away from him. Kruul despawning when entering phase 2.

And now this bug. Almost like blizzard is trying so hard to stop tanks from getting the appearance.

This is why blizzard should NEVER test things internally only. We have seen this shit before, such as heroic Ra-den, mythic Archimonde, mythic Xavius, mythic Mar'gok (15-20 min fight when it was current, yay!) Yet despite all those failings, either being overtuned or massively overtuned (or too long in general), blizzard continues to only test things internally. And the reason why? Cause we don't want to ruin the surprise.
    Last edited by Volardelis; 2017-04-16 at 10:07 AM.

Deleted
    Has Blizzard at all commented on these massive differences in difficulty between the tank challenge and the other challenges? Most damage dealers and healers with an item level above 900 don't seem to have much of a problem finishing this "ultimate challenge" that is supposedly balanced for Tomb of Sargeras gear, but the tank challenge is still unbearable.

I'm just curious why this is acceptable. Would like to know how Blizzard would justify it. I mean, the reward is the same for everyone, so the challenge should also be balanced accordingly in my opinion.
    Last edited by mmoc37180e083c; 2017-04-16 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Typos.

Saying Blizzard should never only test things internally kinda undersells the value of good QA. They should catch things like this themselves but clearly they don't, time after time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    Saying Blizzard should never only test things internally kinda undersells the value of good QA. They should catch things like this themselves but clearly they don't, time after time.
    I also dislike it very much that certain people keep praising Blizzard so much for fixing stuff like this after it's failed initial release.

In my opinion, they should step up their QA drastically. A good first impression is very important, but Blizzard keeps failing in this regard consistently. Logically, more and more players will start catching on to this and therefore will be less and less excited about newly released content. The tank challenge is probably the most heinous example of this, but pretty much the entire Broken Shore, including the 3 buildings, nethershard farming, chests, rare mobs and world quests have given the impression that Blizzard just threw it all out there. They only started to change things - sometimes for better, sometimes for worse - after their customers beta tested it on the live servers for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchbringer View Post
    Has Blizzard at all commented on these massive differences in difficulty between the tank challenge and the other challenges? Most damage dealers and healers with an item level above 900 don't seem to have much of a problem finishing this "ultimate challenge" that is supposedly balanced for Tomb of Sargeras gear, but the tank challenge is still unbearable.

I'm just curious why this is acceptable. Would like to know how Blizzard would justify it. I mean, the reward is the same for everyone, so the challenge should also be balanced accordingly in my opinion.
    They did, and they gave this idiotic response about how the challenges are supposed to be hard, totally ignoring the point that relative to each other, there's a massive difference in difficulty between roles/specs.

Some of the dps ones are literally just don't stand in fire, kill adds and interrupt. Some of the other dps ones are filled to the brim with one shot mechanics, interrupts, random bullshit that needs to be countered with utility. And then the tank one is flat out silly. Haven't heard much about the healer one other than it being harder than the dps ones.

It probably wouldn't even be that tough to make a tier list of easiest to hardest challenges. Bosses like Agatha would be near the bottom while ones like Sigryn would be near the top, with the absolute top being Kruul. It's just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Daan View Post
    Additional bugs (Guardian Druid):

- Adds are immune to damage when in CC
    - Moonfire dot on eyes disappears after triggering the heal orb
    This is making the fight extremely annoying, but delaying your damage abilities by 3 seconds as in the case of roar don't hurt much.

I've had roughly 30 tries on it so far, getting Kruul to under 10% like 3-4 times. Cba to do 100+ tries when all i see are bugs that YES can be overcome by trying this crap a lot of times and hoping it dies just like in the many kill videos i see on youtube, when it's mainly luck and lack of bugs that gets them to the finish. Overall disgusting.
    Last edited by Cannibalus; 2017-04-16 at 11:00 AM.

Deleted
    I guess the only thing preventing Blizzard from properly balancing (tuning down) the tank challenge is corporate pride at this point and I'm pretty sure they won't get over that, fine. What is stopping them from fixing the bugs, though? The bug where Kruul randomly despawns alone should be severe enough to immediately activate a red alert for any QA team, but it has been there for two full mage tower durations now. What the hell is going on?

Deleted
    why the fuck velen stop cast and go hit the trash with his stick, i'm ok with all the strat but i don't see how i can put distance between the trash and velen if velen follow them

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear Velen has an algorithm to spawn the orbs in the most awkward position he can think of during phase 2
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Seeing as most of this thread turned into a DPS crying board for tanks ill put some actual helpfull stuff on it.

Did this on my Brewmaster at around 80 tries.

Ran with a setup that Blizzard probably wishes more Brm ran with.

Chi Burst
    Chi Torpedo
    Gift of the mists
    Summon Black ox Statue
    Healing Elixir
    Invoke Niuzao, the Black ox (IKNOW RIGHT)
    Blackout combo

For Legendaries i ran with the Chest and the Tank Triket

ran with 913ilvl Eq and had the Leech Trinket from Tich.

Soo actual strat:

P1.
    Push DPS till 7 Stacks of decay, then paralyse when he casts his drain life. Kill Eyes and plop the statue down to pick up the arcane adds. Used Tich triket to heal up on the first set of adds. Then keept Dabbing my health on 35% with orbs. Used Tank trink and Tich trink to save as many healing orbs as possible. Cleaved adds on the inquisitor with the statue and got P1 down in like 2-3 Minues when i got the hang of it.

Then i invite my trusty Black ox pet to tank the inquisitor till it dies. While its tanking the add i push DPS hard.
    At this point inquisitor has like 20% hp left and with a bit of kiting and a few keg smashes im at P2.

I try not to exceed more than 4 stacks of decay while the pet is dead, except at the start.

P2.
    Now this one was rough, i used drums and old war pot when he spawned. Pushed dps and used defensives when he casted Annihilate then i picked up orbs when i needed to. Got to around 2 stack of annihilate then summon'd my pet ox to tank the bastard (pet is up for a long time, usually for the enitre 45sec duration if you time your healing orbs right. Then i use my statue to pick up the arcane adds and just keep refreshing the statue with health and ignore them. The problem with the pet strat is that he tanks Kruul in the green pools and the only way to dmg boss (whithout dying) is kegsmash and breath. Kruul jumps to you on his stomp ability when the pet is tanking. ( This is when you need to time orbs or paralyse to get some DPS on kruul while the pet is up. If you time it right he wont spawn the green pool on you.)

I used WeakAuras for his heal and his Annihilate.

Got Kruul to 8% with the purifying brew belt and black ox brew/ special delivery strat, but the Pet/gift of the mists strat made it easier to pick myself up with hp and to plan my route to orbs.

P1 is a cakewalk with the pet and makes it easier to get some actual good attemts on P2.

Best of Luck and that.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://i.imgur.com/0OkeMlC.jpg

Thank fucking christ

This took me like 100+ wipes with numerous 1% wipes and even a 0% wipe. So insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    This is making the fight extremely annoying, but delaying your damage abilities by 3 seconds as in the case of roar don't hurt much.

I've had roughly 30 tries on it so far, getting Kruul to under 10% like 3-4 times. Cba to do 100+ tries when all i see are bugs that YES can be overcome by trying this crap a lot of times and hoping it dies just like in the many kill videos i see on youtube, when it's mainly luck and lack of bugs that gets them to the finish. Overall disgusting.
    My best try was 3% at Kruul. The last heal orb has spawned too far away from me, surrounded by green stuff

The biggest challenge here is the fight against bugs and RNG. Still no response from Blizzard to the whole feedback about this.

In cinematics and quests, the well known NPCs are mighty, but if we have them as a buddy, they're weaker than my grandma.
    Last edited by Daan; 2017-04-16 at 04:35 PM.

Deleted
    Anyone else get DnD applying double stacks when you first enter each time? just noticed this.

Best try so far 6% Kruul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meafy View Post
    Anyone else get DnD applying double stacks when you first enter each time? just noticed this.

Best try so far 6% Kruul.
    Yeah, the DnD is reeeally annoying in how it behaves. Frequently get two stacks instantly when you enter. Stacks seem to stack faster if you're moving rather than still. You get a stack automatically whenever you enter or leave, instantly, even if you go in and out within a second you get multiple stacks (leaving the DnD resets the tick timer).

I've had a few times after interrupting the boss he would run at me and if I didn't run away fast enough he would clip me with the edge of the DnD and it'd instantly stack up like 7 stacks in 2 seconds O_o