Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    does it really matter if they have AOTC or not? Heroic NH is a damn joke.

Stopped back for the "just looking for a smooth run" schtick, leaving satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapzer View Post
    does it really matter if they have AOTC or not? Heroic NH is a damn joke.
    Still have tons of people who barely break 300k on that fight, I just left a pug with a couple of those chumps lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Are you serious? Forming a group to pug heroic gul'dan with 20 people or so, you'd look up the logs on 19 people?

Ilvl 900 and AOTC should be enough.
    Yes, because that's how everyone used to do it before the game was ruined by the invasion of the casuals. People would be patient and you would do things like armory check people when forming pugs. Then add ons like Gearscore came around and tried to automate the process and with it came a lazy player base. People were much happier taking a little longer to form a group correctly because it meant less problems during the run. The introduction of LFR and the Group Finder by Blizzard were the final nails in the coffin, and pugs have been a toxic cesspool ever since.

On super populated servers, where chat moved to quickly to keep track of, pug leaders would actually post themselves in a major city and you had to physically travel to them and they would inspect you. Manually checking your achievements, gems and enchants, and they would still use the armory to see exactly how many kills you had to make sure you didn't just buy your way into the one run that got you your achievements. There was also no item level displayed on gear back in those days either, Blizzard didn't start displaying ilvl on gear until the Argent Tournament patch in Wrath. And there was no character ilvl until Cataclysm. Before then there was just things like the Gearscore addon I mentioned earlier

That's enough education for one day though. Long story short is, if you want to run good pugs, take the extra few minutes to check people on the Armory or WoWProgress. Just because someone has the legit achievement, or even the 900 ilvl, doesn't mean anything, as all of it could be bought. The ilvl especially doesn't mean anything with LFR gear being able to Titanforge to 925. In the long run you'll waste less time checking logs and WoWProgress then you will dealing with wipes and leavers because you trusted someone who linked AotC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stay mad, I'll be linking my fake atoc the day tos goes live.

You won't check. Nobody checks, you put those little warnings up just to try and spook people like me
    Wrath baby and proud of it

7+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of WOTLK days lol

http://www.mythicplus.help/ will help get the addon that goes with it type /mph copy paste it to the site, it'll show info for everyone in the raid or signed up say if they have AOTC on their account (and how long ago they did it) and how many bosses they killed on that character per difficulty

Deleted
    So how's the addon programming going? Can I download it somewhere? Maybe you can link to your github?
    Surely this should be a priority in hour life, so I expect you've been coding furiously all day? C'mon, let's see it

You MUST put end to these cheating ways once and for all. You alone can save the good people in the LFG queues.

Wowarmory doesn't lie.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You obviously have no clue about how to get yourself carried by starting a group. If you did, you would check the armory for all the people who are going to carry you. Also, this doesn't seem like the Raids & Dungeons forum.

7+ Year Old Account
    I remember how in Wrath everyone was faking achievements, honestly thought this addon died since then.
    Luckily for me, I stopped leading pugs since you cant reserve items anymore. Cannot be hassled to RL for free.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

Are you serious? Forming a group to pug heroic gul'dan with 20 people or so, you'd look up the logs on 19 people?

I mean- it doesn't take long to check wow progress...

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    Yes, because that's how everyone used to do it before the game was ruined by the invasion of the casuals.
    WoW was designed to be a more casual, friendlier EverQuest.

So- on what hour of release was it ruined exactly?
    Last edited by Mercane; 2017-04-16 at 10:36 AM.

I don't have too much sympathy for this. The AOTC only pug is killing the game to exclude only a handful of players. Now having said that, a player has every right in the game to form a group and ask for only the most experienced individuals, so their particular group succeeds. But since the game is losing players, I dont mind ppl, doing whatever they can to get the kills they need.

Yes, good groups do.

No, it's not. I've been in a staggering number of PUGs (since I'm not actively guild raiding right now) and seen far too many players, even 910 that are absolute trash at mechanics, or pull numbers well under what they should.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    You should thank anyone joining a raid at this point. The games bleeding players and you wanna discourage people trying to play with you haha.
    Why waste valuable korok seed hunting time anyway?
    The game is definately losing players and guilds. I know the elites only want to play with themselves, but with the lack of opportunities for more and more players, some will do whatever they can to kill final bosses. I don't mind it at all. I got my AOTC before my guild, because the pug raid leader didn't check...and now i got into the elite club!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Whenever I form a group I just look up the logs of the person. If they look at least average on the fight then I usually invite them. Just amazing how many shitters there is out there with grey parse averages

10+ Year Old Account
    Good.

If that is what it takes for people to get passed the ridiculous requirements that some people set for the raids, then more power to them.

"I dont understand why people are linking fake achievements to me to go on this raid after I set the requirements unreasonably high?!"

I used the addon to get my first gul'dan kill. Best addon ever invented imo.

Why not just go to shitty little raids and work your way up? I don't raid with a guild, I'm not even in a guild. I went from dungeons and LFRs to EN normal then heroic. Once I had enough EN H gear I went to NH normal and once I thought I was geared enough for NH H I went there. I pugged everything, never used any deception, just hoped I got invited then did my best and eventually I killed H Gul'dan.

It didn't come quick, I think I got my AotC less than a month ago, pretty sure it was like 3/20something but I didn't need it quick. What does it matter? Sometimes it sucked, I remember one week I couldn't find a group that was where I left off so I had to reclear bosses I already killed 3 times and each group couldn't get past one of the bosses. It was frustrating and annoying but I never thought about lying to get ahead.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2017-04-16 at 12:32 PM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself