Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Whelp Blizzard Better Call Saul <Number is in the Description>

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    Switching wan't the issue, everything crapped out. The timing was a coincidence
    Not a coincident, but also not the cause. People who are already logged in cannot enter any new instance (even world or zone instances) - where ever they are, they stay.

So logging in to a new character - the new character wouldn't be able to get an instance.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    same but its been with looting....always looting...like a lag hiccup ...not every time just enough to be annoying....
    That issue has been in the game since Vanilla... was and still is friggin frustrating.

Switching wan't the issue, everything crapped out. The timing was a coincidence
    Switching areas was the issue, for the first 30minutes, if you were inside a zone when the issue started, in that zone everything was fine. You could do your m+, do world quests, raid etc.

You couldn't log in, or zone into a new place, but if you were in, you were fine. And could continue whatever as long as you didn't change zones.

they arnt even going to update the situation for another hour. This must be pretty bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    That explains the 522 minute queue!
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS/with_replies

they said they are looking into it.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Blizzard: "Oops, we accidentally deleted everyone's characters..."

Didn't Sony do something like that back on EQ?
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    That explains the 522 minute queue!
    could be worse. anyone remember WoD launch week?

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Switching areas was the issue, for the first 30minutes, if you were inside a zone when the issue started, in that zone everything was fine. You could do your m+, do world quests, raid etc.

You couldn't log in, or zone into a new place, but if you were in, you were fine. And could continue whatever as long as you didn't change zones.
    OK if you say so. I was standing in Thundertotem looking at my bags and got dumped. Then "World Servers are Down" So you say everyone who was on, but me, is still on and fine?
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS/with_replies

they said they are looking into it.
    What a relief !

Some companies will not look into it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They also said check back in an hour, so everyone can get some breakfast I guess...
    As someone who every so often has a 7 day 12 hr Tier 1 service oncall for a major tech company, let me point out that gamers game during gaming hours, which are not necessary normal office hours ... and it's hard to turn one person out of a team of 20 who try to avoid working nights and weekends, into 20 people working at 4AM Easter Sunday morning.

At some point you have to get some fucking perspective.

Then "World Servers are Down" So you say everyone who was on, but me, is still on and fine?
    Well, you aren't still online are you

But there are a lot of reasons one could be attempting to move instances - you may have just landed in HM or completed a WQ or a hundred other reasons.

The point is - that the vast majority of people didn't have an issue until they had an 'instance' change of some sort.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Servers crashed while I was playing Hearthstone, had a guy at 2 and just needed him to finish his turn. Meh.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Dansdog View Post
    This made me so sad, the only time I get to play in peace is before I go to work. Damn Hackers. It sounds like a huge attack if everything is down.
    They're not hackers. They're little script kiddies who think they're hackers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    Servers crashed while I was playing Hearthstone, had a guy at 2 and just needed him to finish his turn. Meh.
    If it's any consolation, he crashed too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Well shit. Guess I won't be doing my broken shore world quests any time soon.

Hurry up and get off your asses lazy americans. you're screwing up our evening playtime on the other side of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    As someone who every so often has a 7 day 12 hr Tier 1 service oncall for a major tech company, let me point out that gamers game during gaming hours, which are not necessary normal office hours ... and it's hard to turn one person out of a team of 20 who try to avoid working nights and weekends, into 20 people working at 4AM Easter Sunday morning.

At some point you have to get some fucking perspective.
    And as someone who runs a server farm..... it doesn't matter what time of day, or what day it is - if the entire thing explodes (Which you go through extensive pains to make sure that NEVER happens - but hey it could), your people get there and fix it, period, full stop.

An acceptable answer is "We are currently tracking the problem and will have it fixed as soon as we are able to identify it". "It's a holiday" isn't acceptable.

I really could care less if I log in anytime soon or not, I have plenty of other stuff to do - but I am so sick of seeing the "blah blah working hours" excuse for issues like this (whether it be related to a game or anything else).

holiday ddos. these game companies really need to start retaliating for these. they keep happening because people know nothing will be done about it. when people start going to jail for this shit i bet it will stop.