Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Actually most DDoS would target mainly just the BNET servers since doing so would hit just about every game.
    An effective DDoS doesn't attack servers, it attacks network infrastructure. Attacking servers is trivial to get around.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

With revenue over 4 billions dollars, Blizzard showing the world how can you be a failure to your customers on Easter day.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Raid isn't everything, just because you can't raid that night,
    It means that no-one turns up, so ... as I'd mentioned before - a night lost each week.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    With revenue over 4 billions dollars, Blizzard showing the world how can you be a failure to your customers on Easter day.
    Yeah because every other company in the world who does online gaming has such perfect services right? Oh wait.......

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    I'd just like to add to this, as someone who is training for maintaining and building networks and servers, the target amount of downtime that expected per year is 5 minutes.
    Well, if you can't achieve five nines reliability, you can at least achieve nine fives.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

You have made a statement linking 4 totally unconnected items, it is either complete balderdash - or you have some information that you need to share with us.

Fix the damn servers, its sunday for the love of God!!!! i will actually go get a life if this continue................................

The problem is its easter sunday, its a skeleton crew at blizzard today I'm sure, just a few peeps. Sound like they need to call in some more techs.

so have they fixed the servers or are their thumbs still up their butts?

Maybe Blizzard is setting up a world easter egg hunt :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Right, it's just a game that people pay money to play and they should be rightly compensated when the service they paid for is disrupted.
    So you pay money to play, but they should pay you when you can't play? OK. Enjoy your 23 cents, dude.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Saafiaxo View Post
    Man. I was enjoying a nice ERP session with four gnomes. I was of course, a big, burly Draenei man.
    I WAS ONE OF THOSE GNOMES! I was the one named Miles Long.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    It means that no-one turns up, so ... as I'd mentioned before - a night lost each week.
    But so what? You can still easily manage pugs that night, just not an official raid.

Who cares? That's like saying "The sky is blue"

And? So what? Unless you raid 7 days a week, it's a non-issue. Or if literally the only time you have to raid, is 11pm-8am tuesday night. And in that case, tough luck, world doesn't revolve around them.

I didnt think it was gonna take this long...

Quote Originally Posted by GrieverXIII View Post
    Well, time to log on League i guess, haven't played it in months.
    Results of said League game. http://imgur.com/uoLteqY

Servers still not up. Don't make me play another one Blizzard .

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    But so what? You can still easily manage pugs that night,
    Um ... no, I suspect I mentioned once or twice - that it is a no-WoW night each week... or did you miss that. The downtime/restart just comes at a really awkward time.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Not sure of any dailies currently in game? Everything seems to be based around the 3 day window these days. Even the broken shore stuff builds up to the point I can do a stack at once if I miss a day.
    What? Literally every world quest is based around a 24 hour timer. The only exception are the 4 a day 6 hour PvP FFA quests, and some 3 day duration dungeon quests. If you miss completing your world quests before the 24 hours expires, you're literally throwing something like 10 million AP down the drain (more now that the mage tower world quest buff is up).

Similarly, an invasion was supposed to have started on NA servers at about 6 am ET, and that will be over in 2 hours from now. If they don't quickly fix this gong show, everyone will be screwed out of the AP/nethershard gain from that too, because the next one doesn't spawn for 18 hours.

This is actually the second significant unplanned outage this week alone. Servers were down for like 3 hours Wednesday afternoon too. The general quality of QA and server stability has gone significantly downhill with the 7.2 patch. It really feels like it was released 1-2 months before it was ready and has been in a live beta testing state since it was launched.

Quote Originally Posted by Gylfie21 View Post
    Maybe Blizzard is setting up a world easter egg hunt :P
    After the fun a bunch of us had with the Riddler's Mind Worm I wouldn't mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Holy fuck. If we banned everyone that simply posted for attention-whoring purposes half the site would go dark.

You just prove how Intelligent you really are. If you expect to live in a 100% perfect work... wake up and face reality. lol.

I wanted to grind some legion rep for flying this morning before church but will have to wait. And just because outside influence has caused the game to crash doesn't mean everyone opinion is right that it's such and such fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    So you pay money to play, but they should pay you when you can't play? OK. Enjoy your 23 cents, dude.
    I mean as ridiculous as this seems to appear to you, it's actually quite common practice. When your payment is essentially for access to a service, there is a legal expectation that the subscriber will have access to said service. When there are situations that impact said access some form of compensation is usually given out to assuage the base as well as to satisfy any potential legal action (compensation was given).

It's fundamentally no different than seeking a prorated bill for your cable or internet service when you have a significant outage.

In the past Blizzard handed out 30-day extensions like candy because they had so many server issues (when every maintenance was extended maintenance, only extended beyond that, etc).

Not sure a 4-hour downtime really warrants such a thing... but it's hardly a ridiculous notion.