Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Read your ToS. Servers always being up isn't guaranteed.
    Get some common sense, changing the TOS to reflect that poor delivery of services might happen and they're in no way obligated to compensate you isn't an argument about whether or not that's bad business. That's very bad business. Unfortunately most of the customer base will literally eat whatever shit blizz dishes out by the pound.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is seriously funny reading all the people losing their shit because of a .........*gasp*...game being down. Some people really need to go outside and see the sun and grass and whatnot and realize WoW is not "real" and nothing will happen to you if you can't play for a few hours. I enjoy the game as much as anyone but don't demand my 35 cents back or resort to calling Blizzard names. Geez, it's Easter....go eat a jelly bean and chill.

Someone didn't call 811 before they started digging in their front yard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artaxerxes View Post
    Cause Activision is a corporation, and said Oceanic region does not register in $$$ terms nearly big enough for them to have to bear the additional cost of having a separate maintenance team. There is a reason why the like of China and Korea get their own dedicated clients and servers.
    Activision really doesn't have anything to do with server maintenance for WoW. That's Blizzard's job.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    Yeah thats why I dont like holidays, the skeleton crew usually cant handle it when theres a major outage
    Vulnerable to a Holy Priest attack too...

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Saroc View Post
    From twitter:
    Due to an outage, game servers were taken offline to ensure the safety of the hardware. We are working to bring services back online.
    Must be the booze..

I just went to the wow forums.. I feel stoopider already.
    I'm still getting "page can't be found."

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Our play times are 9pm-1am ...
    You mean yours? What is this "Our"

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Must be the booze..
    Yeah, the CS people went out last night (and tweeted about it). Then came back roaring drunk and started to mess with stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafiaxo View Post
    Are you the one that got split in half when you attempted to tame my blue dragon?
    No I was the one who convulsed into climatic bliss at the sight of the gore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    This is seriously funny reading all the people losing their shit because of a .........*gasp*...game being down. Some people really need to go outside and see the sun and grass and whatnot and realize WoW is not "real" and nothing will happen to you if you can't play for a few hours. I enjoy the game as much as anyone but don't demand my 35 cents back or resort to calling Blizzard names. Geez, it's Easter....go eat a jelly bean and chill.
    Yeah indeed... it's healthy to have other hobbies, that way you won't lose your shit if WoW is offline for a few hours... I get the frustration if you're low on free time and this was your time to play but yeah, not the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    You mean yours? What is this "Our"
    Fun fact - WoW is an MMORPG, there are guilds and stuff .... "our" is the term one uses in English to describe such collections of humans.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

From twitter:
    Due to an outage, game servers were taken offline to ensure the safety of the hardware. We are working to bring services back online.
    When in doubt, reboot.

Seriously though...sounds like they may have resolved (or they think they have) the issue and are in the processing of getting things back on line.

Of course I might be caffeine deprived and wrong. May the odds ever be in your favor.

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope its back up soon im so bored no games to play.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    The fact you just suggested having them done with EU... it's on a totally different client. How is that even a suggestion you can think of. There's no connection between the two servers.

And what? So AU should get fixes in before US? Sounds fair. Or after? people will just complain about that instead.
    EU maintenance times. As in time zones. Given its only 7-8 hours depending on months of the year, its a lot better than the 15-18 hour time difference from California time zone presumably which has the misfortune of falling in the evening time. At least that one is planned for though. This screw up isn't. Also, they get paid to listen to complaints otherwise we'd all be still grinding element resist gear for raids.

My God... how rare are these events, yet people act as if it's the end of the World (of Warcraft) and spout bile times 10 and way out of proportion for what's happened and the frequency of it...

WoW has never been as stable in terms of patch releases and expansion releases as it's been during Legion, yet people act as if this shit happens on this scale daily...

As someone no-lifing it, I can count these events on 1 hand in the past expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    I'm not losing my shit over the game being down, that happens. But I am calling you a fucking idiot because you are in fact a fucking idiot.

BlizzardCS‏Verified account @blizzardcs 9m9 minutes ago
    More

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Fun fact - WoW is an MMORPG, there are guilds and stuff .... "our" is the term one uses in English to describe such collections of humans.
    Usually some context, is best given when randomly saying "Our" like "My guild and I"