Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    For about one day. Then all hell broke lose as millions of people who have flown, and anyone who has ever suffered an inconvenience at the hands of airlines, went justifiably ape-sh*t. But there is a big difference between a game being down for a few hours and airport police breaking someones nose, knocking out his teeth, and giving him a concusion (sp?) because he wouldn't give up a seat he paid for.
    Moral of the story is, don't treat a TOS like its the ten commandments or some sacred document, least of using one to justify screw ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    The rest of us are adults and we understand sometimes things happen that are out of people's control.

Where do you live? Do all the companies you deal with give you discounts/refunds when service get interrupted? Your ISP hooks you up with a few dollars when it goes out for an hour or two? Your cable/satellite people give you some money when there's a problem? Any online game you've ever played, have they given you some recompense when their systems go down? No?

That's because shit happens, its basic common sense.
    Actually, yes. (With caveats).

If my cable goes out (ISP/TV) for any reason that is their fault, I get compensated on my bill for the time. Pretty much any other game I've ever played Gives credit for almost any unplanned outage of more than ~an hour or so - regardless if it's their fault. I've not played consistantly (what I mean is I took breaks), but I've played since BC, and I've seen wow do that exactly once.

The caveat being non-games only credit when it's their fault. All other games I've played credit regardless though.

In a way I'm glad this happened on Easter. It may be an inconvenience, yes, but at least I'll be spending the afternoon with family. Because we all know, once the game is up, it will be as unstable as me after a bottle of rum and an all night bender.

Quote Originally Posted by Artaxerxes View Post
    Moral of the story is, don't treat a TOS like its the ten commandments or some sacred document, least of using one to justify screw ups.
    It isn't about that, it's more so about idiots demanding a refund, when they have no grounds to request or expect that.

In a way I'm glad this happened on Easter. It may be an inconvenience, yes, but at least I'll be spending the afternoon with family. Because we all know, once the game is up, it will be as unstable as me after a bottle of rum and an all night bender.
    Pretty much this..On my way to go spend some time with the family. WoW can wait until tonight.. *Please be fixed by tonight!*

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    No, the majority of people do in fact shrug and go do something else.
    Or claim to be doing something else.

As in one of the posts earlier, if you are telling me to get a life, then why aren't you guys getting said 'life'? Maybe you're here for the same reason as me, and should servers come back up, you would presumably disappear of these forums and promptly log back into the game?

This looks like what happened Tuesday, same thing happened, B.net down, All games effected...just as OW's event was about to start too >_<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosars View Post
    Actually, yes. (With caveats).

If my cable goes out (ISP/TV) for any reason that is their fault, I get compensated on my bill for the time. Pretty much any other game I've ever played Gives credit for almost any unplanned outage of more than ~an hour or so - regardless if it's their fault. I've not played consistantly (what I mean is I took breaks), but I've played since BC, and I've seen wow do that exactly once.

The caveat being non-games only credit when it's their fault. All other games I've played credit regardless though.
    Well applaud your ISP, because that certainly isn't a standard practice. Tad dubious on your claim of being compensated for "pretty much every game" going down as well given I've been playing online games for well over a decade, and have literally seen this happen once.

Try the following games instead.

FF14 replaces WoW
    LoL, DotA2 replaces HotS
    Path of Exile replaces Diablo 3
    Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2, CoD, too long to list for Overwatch
    Nothing to replace Starcraft 2

Hearthstone - stay away from ALL card games! Bridge if you cannot.

10+ Year Old Account

As in one of the posts earlier, if you are telling me to get a life, then why aren't you guys getting said 'life'? Maybe you're here for the same reason as me, and should servers come back up, you would presumably disappear of these forums and promptly log back into the game?
    You're making a lot of assumptions just to have an argument here.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account

Projection is a bad thing. Is it super hard to believe most people have something better to do other than piss and moan on a forum about not being able to play a video game?

P.S: I'm here because its 10am and I'm waiting for my children to wake up for Easter ;D

Poo happens. Might have been their fault. Might not have been their fault. Doesn't matter. All that matters is that they are addressing the issue.

If you think everything is going to work perfectly, all the time, then you're in for a LOT of disappointments in life.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    FF14 replaces WoW
    Ahahahahhahahahahahhahahaa

Thanks for that, I needed a laugh

10+ Year Old Account
    My spoon is too big.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Quote Originally Posted by Themerlin View Post
    My spoon is too big.
    thats what she said

Good Free Time-Waster for StarCraft Alternatives..

http://www.openra.net/

10+ Year Old Account
    for a company this size, this is getting pretty embarrassing that they cant bring it back up.
    Hi

Poo happens. Might have been their fault. Might not have been their fault. Doesn't matter. All that matters is that they are addressing the issue.

If you think everything is going to work perfectly, all the time, then you're in for a LOT of disappointments in life.
    Of course it isn't. I can accept that. But they also get paid to put up with the complaints, and since this problem has taken away pre-planned gametime, might as well add to the chorus of bitching on twitter. It's called carthasis. Besides the sooner the servers get back up the sooner I can be there and not here, which presumably most of those posting here will also do.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themerlin View Post
    My spoon is too big.