Poll: Who gave up more?

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

Whereas for Demon Hunters, every step of the way, everything you lose, you lose it because you decide to give it up, willingly. It's not a sacrifice if someone else takes something from you.

That said, I'm really sad how so many people have no idea what the word 'sacrifice' means, looking at that poll's results.
    I mean, if you consider most Night elf DH already lost their homes and family during the War of the Ancients and the Wc3 invasion, i don't thing they really have much to sacrifice anyway.

Blood elf Dh were send by Kael to be trained and i don't believe they had a choise in the matter.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Hawthorne Wipes View Post
    If Tirion comes back he'll want his sword back. Devs cannot allow that.
    He's dead for good.
    Very doubtful that a Death Knight could wield the power of the light like that. There's always one of the Four Horsemen who is a devout psycho holy person and so they can wield the light even in undeath... but that is Whitemane's job and not Tirion's. The only reason Alexandros was able to use the weapon was probably due to its horrible corruption.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't seem to understand what "sacrifice" means. To 'sacrifice' means to willingly give up something. Death Knights didn't give anything up freely. Everything that happened to them happened without their consent.

Whereas for Demon Hunters, every step of the way, everything you lose, you lose it because you decide to give it up, willingly. It's not a sacrifice if someone else takes something from you.

That said, I'm really sad how so many people have no idea what the word 'sacrifice' means, looking at that poll's results.

- - - Updated - - -

... They were given a choice? When? I don't recall asking any of them if they wanted to be raised from the dead before actually doing it.
    They originally sacrificed their entire life for their cause only to be resurrected as the enemy they fought against. That's a pretty big sacrifice. Fighting a war to save your family knowing full well that if you die you'll be used to then kill those you once loved... that's a pretty big sacrifice. The demon hunters, on the other hand, are either Night Elves who lost their lives to the demons or Blood Elves instructed by Kael'thas to train under Illidan. Can't really sacrifice much if everything you ever loved is already dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Very doubtful that a Death Knight could wield the power of the light like that. There's always one of the Four Horsemen who is a devout psycho holy person and so they can wield the light even in undeath... but that is Whitemane's job and not Tirion's. The only reason Alexandros was able to use the weapon was probably due to its horrible corruption.

- - - Updated - - -

They originally sacrificed their entire life for their cause only to be resurrected as the enemy they fought against. That's a pretty big sacrifice. Fighting a war to save your family knowing full well that if you die you'll be used to then kill those you once loved... that's a pretty big sacrifice. The demon hunters, on the other hand, are either Night Elves who lost their lives to the demons or Blood Elves instructed by Kael'thas to train under Illidan. Can't really sacrifice much if everything you ever loved is already dead.
    Their soul which is to say a lot. Some of their family may be dead but any possible friendship or relationship with anyone is very likely out the window by being a Demon Hunter.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Their soul which is to say a lot. Some of their family may be dead but any possible friendship or relationship with anyone is very likely out the window by being a Demon Hunter.
    And yet, they are still living. They are still able to have friendships and the like. They are edgy and maybe no longer feel normal emotions due to their tragic loss, but they CAN, in theory, feel.

... They were given a choice? When? I don't recall asking any of them if they wanted to be raised from the dead before actually doing it.
    Nazgrim:
    Thassarian says: Long enough, my friend. The Burning Legion has returned and you have been called to the battle.
    Nazgrim stands.
    Nazgrim says: Say no more. I will sever their heads from their bodies

Trollbane:

Thassarian says: Stromgarde is lost, but there is still hope for this world... if you will join us.
    King Thoras Trollbane says: I will do whatever it takes to preserve peace on Azeroth.

Whitemane:

High Inquisitior Whitemane says: Why then? Why have you done this to me?
    Thassarian says: The Day of Reckoning is at hand. The Burning Legion has come to destroy our world.
    Thassarian says: The Knights of the Ebon Blade have come to offer you a chance at atonement.
    High Inquisitior Whitemane says: Atonement? I doubt that such a thing exists for me...
    Thassarian says: Join us, and we will find out together.
    Whitemane summons a [Death Gate] as she speaks and steps through.
    High Inquisitior Whitemane says: Indeed we shall.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Depends on your definitions.

Ebon Blade have suffered more, gone through so much more personal trauma and inflicted even more externally. The Ebon Blade remains as a Chaotic Neutral force. By nature, they are a force of evil. They are the definition of antihero on the borderline.

The Illidari, have literally sacrificed, but it's for an easily justifiable cause. They firmly have the moral highground in their approach to dealing with demons, maintaining a Chaotic Good stance throughout their existence. They don't have to sacrifice their moral integrity to commit to the fight. They suffer from their own accord, not by nature.

So from that, we can say that the Illidari have made more personal sacrifice, but Death Knights are far more worse off. Also, Death Knights by definition will sacrifice absolutely EVERYTHING to destroy the Legion. Their souls are forfeit to the Lich King (who seems right evil, Bolvar failed to remain lawful good) again, they're resurrecting armies and essentially raising the Scourge into a force of power again, giving the Lich King armies to command. While the Demon Hunters sacrificed in the past, the Ebon Blade are literally damning themselves, becoming the very force they vowed to destroy during their inception.

The Illidari have already taken the plunge, they have nothing more to give. At this point they are the best killing machines they'll ever be.

DH knowingly sacrificed.

DK were forced to sacrifice.

I'd say DK got the raw deal.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    You do realise that Demon Hunters start at level 98 though?

What I don't get when it comes to DHs is that I always thought most of them made their decision based on simple revenge (I mean one spec is called Vengeance lul). It's true that they've sacrificed their eyes (for super cool spectral sight) and allowed their bodies to be corrupted by fel magic in order to fight the Legion with the power of demon kool-aid. The thing that (I think) bothers everyone about DHs is the fact that they had a choice and they still complain about it. Just deal with it.

Death Knights on the other hand were fallen heroes of the Horde/Alliance who chose to fight for their respective people and gave their lives doing so only to be resurrected as undead abominations against their will. I mean don't get me wrong. Most DKs are edgy as hell but DHs just have an "edge" because of their whining. They're still alive after all and can pretty much do what they want once the Legion is defeated. Death Knights will remain (un)dead and you don't hear them whining.
    Yeah that's why I picked DK, I play a DH but the fact that everyone is constantly reminded of the "sacrifice" that was made kind of lessens the power behind it.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Can't help but find it funny that every time I talk to a DH NPC they say "I have sacrificed everything, what have YOU given!?".

Bitch, I'm an Undead Death Knight.
    My family (presumably) died to the plague during Warcraft III. I myself died.
    Then I was raised against my will as a Forsaken.
    Then I died again, and was raised against my will by the Lich King.
    Then I was forced to kill what few friends I had left in the starting area.
    DKs didn't sacrifice anything, they died and got raised, DHs chose to be that way, giving up everything to gain the power to defeat the foe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Douche knights honestly were made for the edgy noob elitists who don't feel like leveling 55 levels i wish they were removed. FUCK DK's.

Sorry i had to vent somewhere
    And then there's Demon Hunters, which start at level 98.

Death Knights gained life after death so I feel like they came out with a positive rather than a negative. Not really caught up with the lore on either class though tbh so I can't really say.

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    DKs were forced, they didn't sacrifice anything.

Demon Hunters sacrificed everything.
    Except their life they never died.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Death Knights gained life after death so I feel like they came out with a positive rather than a negative. Not really caught up with the lore on either class though tbh so I can't really say.
    Yeah they have life after death but they were forced to commit such unspeakable acts that they will surely end up in hell for their transgressions much like Sylvanas will. She actually went to hell once and was absolutely terrified of it. Also, death knights cannot really feel anything positive from what I know. I suppose they understand concepts of betrayal since they're obviously pissed that the Lich King used them to lure out Tirion. Undead also can't have sex. I mean.. fuck that yo lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Undead also can't have sex. I mean.. fuck that yo lol
    The greatest sacrifice. A moment of silence for our DK brethren.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Except their life they never died.
    Death knights never gave something up. It was against their will

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    It's not really just a 'get out of death free' card. Death Knights need to kill to maintain sanity. That and Undead in the WC universe literally have dead nerve endings. They can't experience simple pleasures, food, sex, etc. In the name of the Lich King they committed horrible atrocities, and by the looks of the class campaign and the easter eggs from the Blades of the Fallen Price, it's very very reasonable that the Lich King has control over the entire Ebon Blade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    Death knights never gave something up. It was against their will
    Except they died before being raised as Death Knights, when they gave their lives willingly to fight against the Scourge.

I voted DH, because they had a choice. DKs did not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    Most of the dhs we get back round on haven't sacrificed any thing they lost there family//freinds to te legion then went to train to be Dh and hanged out with succubi and got drunk in the black temple till illidan needed them.
    Yeah, no. DH's were constantly training, going on missions, adapting to the changes to their bodies, and to resist committing suicide because of the changes to their appearance. Illidan rewarded the BLOOD ELVES with a Quarter in Black Temple for staying loyal to him when KT betrayed him. They were the ones getting drunk and hanging around concubines, not the demon hunters.