Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Shouldn't all the Legion attonement be skippable on Alts?

The biggest alt-unfriendly thing about Legion so far is the fact we have to do some things before we "start playing" when we reach level 110, things that sometimes take very long, like:

-order hall campaign to unlock 3rd relic slot
    -legionfall questline to unlock traits 2.0

I understand the RP value of the questlines, and would want them to remain available in case players want to do them, but I stongly see the fact we have to grind all these things just so we can start actually playing our alts can be an unnecessary pain in the ass

In a word. Tough.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is a MMORPG, obviously there are role-playing moments as it is a role-playing game. The stories provided are bonuses, if anything.

The only thing remotely "alt unfriendly" at this point, is the Order Hall Resources. They have nerfed the research times AND cost for order hall advancement. Missions which used to be completed over several days (poor Warriors) can now be done in hours (as per patch note; yay Warriors).
    The only real hinder now is gathering the resources and putting them into action.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    and people want vanilla back LUL
    Never underestimate what people think is "better". Because in most cases, it's one of the worst options to ever exist.

You shouldn't have to do the scenario to get to broken shore on alts.

Shame you have to write 10 letters to post something, my simple reply would have been "No."

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomaru View Post
    WoW is a MMORPG, obviously there are role-playing moments as it is a role-playing game. The stories provided are bonuses, if anything.

The only thing remotely "alt unfriendly" at this point, is the Order Hall Resources. They have nerfed the research times AND cost for order hall advancement. Missions which used to be completed over several days (poor Warriors) can now be done in hours (as per patch note; yay Warriors).
    The only real hinder now is gathering the resources and putting them into action.

- - - Updated - - -

Never underestimate what people think is "better". Because in most cases, it's one of the worst options to ever exist.

That isn't even a problem because of the BoA resources chest on the BoS trader.

No. Play the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomaru View Post
    The only thing remotely "alt unfriendly" at this point, is the Order Hall Resources.
    Buy resources and send to alts?

15+ Year Old Account
    my only issue is having to level ur mains second and 3rd artifact weapons....i still havent finished with all the talents in my mages fire artifact and my next point costs like 39mill ap...why would i ever put ap into my frost or arcane weapons if im still insanely far from finishing my fire weapon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    That isn't even a problem because of the BoA resources chest on the BoS trader.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    [...]
    Buy resources and send to alts?
    To each their own. I like to spend some blood for crafting materials as 1 blood for 200 resources seems a little too steep for me.
    Not saying it's a completely bad thing, unless you weekly clear normal mythic dungeons or keep on hunting world quests which gives blood in reward on a daily/weekly basis, you'll eventually getting ever so closer to 0 blood (which automatically fills itself over time by doing said things + more).
    For me, that's not sustainable, especially if I am to look at it economically.

And yes, I agree some things, such as introductory quest line to Broken Shore should become skippable, but then again, it feels better having a character you love to play and does it in their own regards. The Holy Paladins of light cleansing the demons, the maniac Warlocks devastating them and such.

Then again, I'll say it once more. To each their own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    my only issue is having to level ur mains second and 3rd artifact weapons....i still havent finished with all the talents in my mages fire artifact and my next point costs like 39mill ap...why would i ever put ap into my frost or arcane weapons if im still insanely far from finishing my fire weapon?
    OR... you could easily get to 35 on your other specs if you play them for a fraction of that 39m in a day or two then continue.

Jesus, people, do you have to have someone feed you? Cut up your meat during dinner? Stop and think for yourselves a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on what you put in the words "finishing my *insert spec artifact* weapon". The "real end" is at 52 ranks in which you attain your first, and in reality, only rank in Concordance of Legionfall.
    Nevertheless, should you desire to wait a bit, it'll become easier to fill up to the 42nd rank (and beyond) at higher artifact knowledge.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    OR... you could easily get to 35 on your other specs if you play them for a fraction of that 39m in a day or two then continue.

Jesus, people, do you have to have someone feed you? Cut up your meat during dinner? Stop and think for yourselves a bit.
    but just getting to 35 isnt good enough....ill be doing less dps then a raid leader will require

10+ Year Old Account
    but just getting to 35 isnt good enough....ill be doing less dps then a raid leader will require
    ./shrug. Then play fire. See what you raid leader says - sim your character as fire at 39 and arcane or frost at 35. But if you REALLY hate fire and want to play another spec, do it. On the other hand, if you really like fire and are doing well with it, why care about the other specs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Honestly, the fact Blizzard made all of these systems and set them in motion without alts in mind makes it pretty obvious what they wanted Legion to be. They wanted you to focus on a single character, even if you prefer having multiple alts.

Which is a horrible way to do it because it's not like you can have every single class on one character like FFXIV. It's plainly just omitting the part where alts mattered.

Another thing: I imagine they wanted to shift away from what became the alt-centric facebook game that was WoD. That also, sadly, meant pushing away from "alt-friendliness" despite being one of the only things they should have embraced in WoD.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having 36 ranks is good enough to do normal/heroic raids pre-Tomb of Sargeras. It is not an absolute requirement to have further traits in order to deal some damage. If you want to be really competitive, then sure, having all the new traits (up to 42 in other words) sure helps out the spec you are maining, but for off-specs having 36 is worthwhile.

If your raid leader in a normal/heroic group requires you to farm artifact power, especially at artifact knowledge level 26, then s/he must have a screw loose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    Shouldn't all the Legion attonement be skippable on Alts?
    -order hall campaign to unlock 3rd relic slot
    -legionfall questline to unlock traits 2.0
    No, its not alt-unfriendly as you claim but easily doable.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I believe that if you want to progress on each of your characters then you must put in the work on each of your characters. Just because you did it once, that doesn't mean that you should've have to do it again.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

I can understand the frustration around the third relic slot, it feels incredibly arbitrary to just kind of wait around for ~a day after you've finished the campaign to get it.

The Legionfall quest chain takes like 30 minutes at most, no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    You shouldn't have to do the scenario to get to broken shore on alts.
    If you mean the original scenario that sends you to the broken shore before you unlock your class hall, you never had to redo it on alts, it is skippable.

Deleted
    Legion is very alt unfriendly. They should make more items BOA. And like they did with the artifact research make it easier to "skip" certain things.