Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    At this point you should have 8-9 legendaries; you can't talk about RNG this far into the xpac.
    I do. 76 days played in my DH, 7/10 legendaries, still no BiS ring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    At this point you should have 8-9 legendaries; you can't talk about RNG this far into the xpac.
    Assuming you use every single possible method of gaining one every single day, sure. But bad luck protection does not exactly help people who either can't do that or came into the expac late.

Nor is it a good defense for the horrible system in general.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Competitive against the select few you choose to see.
    Competitive against most, or against a cherry-picked selection on the right side of RNG.
    Which has never been a fair standard.
    Not really, legendaries are giving people much bigger advantage than any other items/luck drop/RNG ability.
    It has never been a fair standard, but it wasn't as much as it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    I really want to raid with another character. But I just "wasted" my "bad luck protection" to get a Sephuz, which means that character is out because I can't stand to farm more legendaries like I've done with my main.

When is next expansion?
    Legendaries are extremely close for most specs, and sephuz is top 3 for some.
    @Lobosan if your play even twice a week and did emissaries/occasional lfr's or dungeons you'd almost certainly have 3 doing so since the start of the expansion. 1 Legendary is usually within 10 hours /played, and almost always within 24 hours /played.

The expansion has been out 6 months, to note.
    Last edited by Raiju; 2017-04-15 at 09:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    So many good design choices in the expansion, completely ruined by a few shitty ones. I know it's cliched, but I really won't bother with another expansion if they don't scrap this legendary system and layered RNG on RNG on RNG in regards to gear. Oh and fuck off Artifact Power. I really miss weapon drops in raids actually.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    You didn't read the first post well played.
    Dude literally you are just whining and QQing. I have people on my raid group that is progressing on Gul'dan that have Sephuz or Prydaz still equiped, legendaries are not necessary to get bosses down. Of course legos help, but they are not absolutely necessary, nor every raid group will ask for them unless they are going for server first on a high pop server or trying to push world ranking.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on a few points

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrair View Post
    The Legendary system is not as simple as "running NH multiple times for a chance at tier shoulders", it is doing stuff, not knowing when the legendary drop will trigger AND not knowing what it will drop since you have multiple legendaries. You can't target farm them, that's the problem.
    Not so much disagreeing on this, more so checking something, but can you not focus a specific legendary through the BoA token? Sure some of them have two rings etc, but if he has seph's (which isn't that bad any more for the record) then he's guaranteed to get his other one at some point through this method.

We never had to reroll in previous expacs because there is a clear way to get the gear we want, it is RNG but the road towards it is there.
    This is true, but after Vin, we've never had endgame legendary's from potentially the first day of being max level. TBC? We had glaives in BT and the Bow in Sunwell, Wrath we had the hammer in Uld so mid ish point? Then the axe in ICC. Cata we the staff at the mid point then the daggers at the end. MoP We had a brand new system for working towards the cape through the entire expac, WoD the same.

I'd say that getting 1-3 legendary's that are useful but not BIS potentially 1/3 of the way into the expac (hell some people at this point supposedly have 8) is better for your personal and guild progress than getting everything mid point / towards the end, as well as legend's being available to every class, not a select few. Maybe we should have some sort of trade in system to get rid of utlities ones for damage ones, but I think that's an argument left to people significantly more intelligent than MMO's population.

That's the difference. We never had to discuss this issue before with past legendaries in BT/Sunwell, somehow now the community is vocal about it, i wonder why...
    Pretty much my above point covers this

Also, in the past, you geared up and that was it, no need to farm AP/relics. Now, if there was a balance shift (fire mage), gg you better have frost legos and your frost weap better be at an acceptable ilevel + relevant traits + AP.
    Granted on launch it should of been spec specific, I have a friend who plays a ret, and his first was the prot chest piece that increases the buff from a prot self cast, he still used it, but yea it sucked. But at the same time, I don't know a single person who's been forced to switch DPS spec from one to another because of a legend drop.

Also cross spec legends do work, I could be wrong here, but isn't one of the BiS priest / ele shammy trinkets the tear of the prophet or what it is?

SO people reroll when they get that trash legendary, they don't want to invest time into the AP system and get screwed over with a 2nd trash legendary.

How hard is it to understand this simple flaw? Of course people can choose not to reroll, but there will always be players out there who want the very best and coupled with the unforgiving AP/Lego system, we arrive at the problem we have here.
    Except the solution isn't to re roll, you've highlighted the issue yourself. There is fuck all way grinding a new character to 110, doing a weeks worth of AK to get to 25 (presuming you have the BoA item), then having to physically grind for your first legendary is quicker than using up another round of BLP, especially if you get a utility as your first legend on the new character. Especially when you take into account your 3rd and 8th have the same drop chance.

I could insert here, that unless your going server first or world first, re rolling isn't needed. However I'd even say then, those people wouldn't re roll either, they'd invest the time into using up the BPL for the next one opposed to wasting time on a new duplicate character "just in case" a better one drops for the new character.

Other people can make the decision for it not to be this big problem.
    There is no "forcing" of this to be a problem.

Everyone is letting it be what they want it to be.
    Fact.

As proven by other not letting it be this problem.
    Deny that all you want, but you just prove who the problem is.
    YOU.

You choose to set this really high bar which most of you were never reaching anyway, but still pretend like you are suddenly denied this now.
    That this is something new.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    No that problem is created by Blizzard when they added the shit ones in with the BiS ones.
    If by BiS you mean the damage increasing ones, those are the ones Blizzard regret adding, and they will most likely not exist next expansion.

Deleted
    It's one of the worst systems they've ever introduced, I'm currently sitting at 5 bad legendaries in a row across my account and it's getting beyond depressing. There's nothing that will destroy your enjoyment like getting the worst legendary possible.

Yeah... On the other hand I got my 7th and 8th legionaries today, now I have all 4 best for my spec.

The Camera and Voice chat were just unneeded features, not things that negatively impact the game and create a huge power gap between otherwise equally geared characters that has ruined the experience for a lot of fairly competative players who dont have the time/interest to grind 1000m+ to get all legendaries on 3 alts, whole some other people get it just by luck.

The amount of RNG in the game is just getting to totally BS levels, guess thats what happens when you let the diablo team go rampant.

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyes View Post
    The Camera and Voice chat were just unneeded features, not things that negatively impact the game and create a huge power gap between otherwise equally geared characters that has ruined the experience for a lot of fairly competative players who dont have the time/interest to grind 1000m+ to get all legendaries on 3 alts, whole some other people get it just by luck.

The amount of RNG in the game is just getting to totally BS levels, guess thats what happens when you let the diablo team go rampant.
    And objectively with the legendary they're still going to be far and a way in a better position than what they would be with any purple drop. Again this is indicative of the playerbase simply put feeling if it isn't BIS then it is trash when the realization should be. "Neh could be better but it's still far superior than what it is replacing."

Deleted
    If you opt to see anything less than BiS as bad, then why is it is an issue now.
    It has always been that way RNG preventing you having BiS.
    And that is the problem, one created by players.
    Neah before the stupid Titanforging and shit we could actually make a list of our best items and acquire them within a reasonable amount of time. Legendaries now are probably as RNG as they were in BC or Vanilla, and even Blizz acknowledged that RNG legendaries were bad as they switched to questline legendaries.

Deleted
    If you opt to see anything less than BiS as bad, then why is it is an issue now.
    It has always been that way RNG preventing you having BiS.
    That is a goal you are creating yourself, a standard that was rarely achieved before.
    But it seems people quickly forget that conveniently.

You are looking for an excuse, so leave and wait for the next one.
    Until you find some other thing to complain about.

They did that.
    Some balancing bringing them closer.
    But as shown there is this stupid insistence that they must be "best" or they suck.
    Any legendary that isn't optimal is going to be deemed to suck.
    And that is the problem, one created by players.
    Yeah becouse getting ring what gives youn bonus haste when you cc or interupt is such great balanced legendary. Too bad you cant do taht to boss mobs so it is useless. Yes you need bis legends otherwise you will not be picked over guy who have them. And no RNG never prevented us from having bis. You could target your items by farming them. With current legendaries you cant. You can farm them entire expansion and get nothing. I always farm up my biss gear in TBC and WOTLK now it is imposible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keesasha View Post
    Neah before the stupid Titanforging and shit we could actually make a list of our best items and acquire them within a reasonable amount of time. Legendaries now are probably as RNG as they were in BC or Vanilla, and even Blizz acknowledged that RNG legendaries were bad as they switched to questline legendaries.
    RNG legendaries are ok as long as they are not included in balancing. They are supostu be very very rare bonus not something you need to have in order to be viable. Warglaves from BT were never count into balacing becouse Blizzard know that only few players will have them. Since current legs are world drop they have to count them in. So they become mandatory aset.

- - - Updated - - -

Other people can make the decision for it not to be this big problem.
    There is no "forcing" of this to be a problem.

Everyone is letting it be what they want it to be.
    Fact.

As proven by other not letting it be this problem.
    Deny that all you want, but you just prove who the problem is.
    YOU.

You choose to set this really high bar which most of you were never reaching anyway, but still pretend like you are suddenly denied this now.
    That this is something new.
    I had no problem reaching this bar back in old glory days. Now i have becouse all i can do is hope to get lucky.

I started playing my spriest as my new main 8 weeks ago. I have 6 of 10 shadow legendaries (5 shadow spec and 1 neutral) plus 1 disc legendary. Quit crying and just do the most basic shit. Legendaries fall like rain now.

The biggest problem with the legendaries is not that there are some OP ones that increase the output by more than others. The biggest problem is that there are legendaries which make the spec much smoother and how it's supposed to be played. For example the BM hunter shoulders and the MM hunter gloves both should have been baseline, would make the specs feel way more fun to play.

Instead of fixxing the problems of the spec, they decide to just put the fix as a legendary, just to make the players want to farm to get the legendary, making them not a bonus, but a necessity.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    >7.2
    >people still using Legendaries as a crutch.

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard knights pls dont blame players for blizzs stupid destructive decisions.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    I do. 76 days played in my DH, 7/10 legendaries, still no BiS ring.
    https://rsuurd.github.io/killpoints/#eu/draenor/ilerin

What have you been doing in that 76 days? My monk with 41 days played has the same amount of killpoints and same amount of legendaries (7).