Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    Deleted

Flying has really made WoW 10x more fun for me!

Unlocked Legion flying today and not only has it made WQs less tedious but I have also found WoW 10x more funner! I was on the verge of unsubbing till 7.3 but now I have flying I can truly enjoy the artistic beauty of the zones and explore! Not to mention I can now RP in new places, help friends easier and level alts with less tedium. Who else feels the same

Beauty of the zones? With flying every zone might as well be a flat surface like Tanaris.

15+ Year Old Account
    10x more funner....

They put that on the back of the box to sell more copies.

Flying is a blessing. I can actually play the game rather than AFK'ing on every flight path for almost half of the time. Also some of the zones look gorgeous from above.

It's been great! I have started leveling an alt again, helping guildies out now that I can get to them faster, and it's been fun flying around looking at the zone's from a different vantage point. I like not having flying at the start so you can immerse yourself on the ground, but once you've been over the world a few times (especially with this xpac and WQ's), flying is almost like adding in new areas and brings a different type of immersion to the game.

Pretty sure it's not a new day on this forum unless there's a new thread concerning flying, heh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apanonar View Post
    Beauty of the zones? With flying every zone might as well be a flat surface like Tanaris.
    You can actually see the landscape

Yep, it's a huge improvement for me too. Should have come in 7.1 for most of the Broken Isles and then a separate achievement to fly in the Broken Shore.

Yes but now you miss the joy and immersion of falling into a crag or tree root and having to decipher the puzzle to get back out without having to hearth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    You can actually see the landscape
    Through all those trees?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Through all those trees?
    Do you only hang out in Val'sharah? Stormheim has a small forest, Highmountain has no forest, Suramar has small patches of forest, and not even a third of Azsuna is forest.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Unlocked Legion flying today and not only has it made WQs less tedious but I have also found WoW 10x more funner! I was on the verge of unsubbing till 7.3 but now I have flying I can truly enjoy the artistic beauty of the zones and explore! Not to mention I can now RP in new places, help friends easier and level alts with less tedium. Who else feels the same
    theres the issue, you were on the verge of subbing for something silly as flying. The game and the content it offers is tedious and you just want to get it over with because you arent having fun. Why dont you find a game you enjoy and want to spend time doing it instead of rushing it through? When you enjoy something you try to make it last not something you want to get over with

10x easier to do world quests anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Bullshit. Fly over stormheim and you can see the arrangement of the rock outcrops. Fly over high mountain and you can see the terrain. YOU're blind or trolling if you think these zones look flat. I'm guessing the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    theres the issue, you were on the verge of subbing for something silly as flying. The game and the content it offers is tedious and you just want to get it over with because you arent having fun. Why dont you find a game you enjoy and want to spend time doing it instead of rushing it through? When you enjoy something you try to make it last not something you want to get over with
    Or maybe the content and the gameplay itself is fun, but dealing with all the nonsense annoyance of getting to it is a dealbreaker?

I don't know why people try so hard to hate and demonize flying. If you don't like it, don't use it. Stop trying to convince everyone else that the only way to like the game is how YOU like it.

What's that got to do with how they look aesthetically ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Through all those trees?
    That's a good point actually. I've been going through old content recently, and I've noticed how much more I've enjoyed travelling around the older zones in WotLK where trees aren't so predominant. They don't really do much for me unless there's actually supposed to be a forest there.

On topic, flying just should have been there from the start imo. Levelling you get to experience the world up close. There's quite literally nothing to be gained by dragging it out so llong other than to fish for re-subs which is quite obviously their intention.

It does feel good to finally get off the ground. I am actually considering leveling up my small army of alts now. Unlocking flying was fun in WoD, but it was old and boring in Legion.

I hope we can just pay gold (like it originally was back in TBC and WoTLK) next expansion to unlock it.

10*0=0.
    /thread
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?