Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    How this translates on the left: 'if you disagree with anything Obama did you are a bigot.' I think by the standards of the left, even you would be considered a 'deplorable' because you dared to question his brilliant strategies. Maybe this is why Obama got a massive pass on every single blunder and outright mistake he made when it came to media coverage.
    Are you kidding me? I'm not on the left and I detest Obama. I've written an enormous amount of comments to exactly that effect

But I detest Obama for things he actually did or could have done and didn't do, rather than what he was.

But that's me. Never forget: we have President Birther Conspiracy, and the Deplorables put him there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It plays a role in every thread discussing her, that much is for certain.

Good strategy if they were running for the Republican nomination.
    True. I guess Liberals are ok with terrorists, and racists who are the right color.

10+ Year Old Account
    How this translates on the left: 'if you disagree with anything Obama did you are a bigot.' I think by the standards of the left, even you would be considered a 'deplorable' because you dared to question his brilliant strategies. Maybe this is why Obama got a massive pass on every single blunder and outright mistake he made when it came to media coverage.
    The opposite is in fact true and obama himself pointed this out. The left is deeply.fractured (as is the right) but unlike the right (which moved in lock step behins trump after the primary) the left remained critical of obama where the right closes ranks and gets behind the figure head. I can name literally dozens maybe even hundreds of left wing sources that criticize obama and did so loudly during his time in officem The bernie bros are still a faction within the democrat party. Never trump was strangled to death the minute trump won the nomination.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Are you kidding me? I'm not on the left and I detest Obama. I've written an enormous amount of comments to exactly that effect

But I detest Obama for things he actually did or could have done and didn't do, rather than what he was.

But that's me. Never forget: we have President Birther Conspiracy, and the Deplorables put him there.
    How do you compare Obama's first months vs Trumps? I know some people are disappointed that Trump didn't go to Egypt and apologize to the Muslim world for colonialism and how much the US just sucks in general.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

How do you compare Obama's first months vs Trumps? I know some people are disappointed that Trump didn't go to Egypt and apologize to the Muslim world for colonialism and how much the US just sucks in general.
    Both as disastrous, just in different ways, and both illustrating the profound leadership deficit this country has.

Obama was a smooth talking son of a bitch. I'm from Boston... Harvard types like that are a dime a dozen. His deviations were subtle (but significant) and obscured by his oratory. If I had been posting here in 2009, you would have seen me rip into President Nobel Peace Prize.

Trump's first 100 days have been a fiasco except for about two things. And Trump-Russia grows worse and worse by the week and is not going away.

But that just underscores something I've been saying for a few months: Trumpkins are no different than the Obama Zealots in 2009. The latter had their hearts broken, and so will the former. And both so richly, richly, deserve it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Njorun View Post
    I'm not a man and I find feminism to be retarded the way it's practiced today. What with the "feminist art" that consists of painting with menstrual blood, shoving spaghetti up your vagina or painting female genitals on a wall in a school. Proclaiming that white men aren't human(Åsa Romson here), Clinton proclaiming women and family that stay behind when the men go to war are the victims, wanting people to be raised genderless, wanting boys to sit down to pee and so forth. It's just retarded.
    So you're upset about retarded people doing retarded things. Are you new to the world? Because you've legitimately described thousands of years of human civil society - people wanting insane, stupid things and it not happening. Or people doing stupid gestures.

But let me ask: does it change anything? Does shoving spagetti up your vagina actually matter? Does anyone really care? No. It doesn't matter. You shouldn't care because some jackass proclaiming that white men aren't human isn't a serious person and their ideas aren't serious ones either.

Your energy would be better spent on actually serious people and serious issues, rather than imagined ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Njorun View Post
    https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Hillary_Clinton
    "Women have always been the primary victims of war. Women lose their husbands, their fathers, their sons in combat. Women often have to flee from the only homes they have ever known. Women are often the refugees from conflict and sometimes, more frequently in today’s warfare, victims. Women are often left with the responsibility, alone, of raising the children."

So the men that die aren't the victims, it's the women who lost them.
    You're shocked a politician whose party primary draws women and minorities (most white men vote Republican and long have) is going to make a speech that panders to the people they want to get out and vote for them?

This is a surprising thing to you?

Do you know why Identity politics is a thing? Because with the rare exception, it *works*. It's exactly the same thing as negative campaigning. Everyone detests it in principle. In practice, the results are generally inarguable.

There is no way you can not look at a speech a would-be President of the United States gave, and not consider it through the lens of that agenda. Who knows if she is being sincere or not, or the context of giving a speech. She said those words as part of her plan to become President. It is no different than how Obama changed the inflection of his speech when he was talking to executives versus the working class versus the black community. It's all about making the audience say "he/she is one of us".

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    As numerous people here have said: Hillary is not a gifted politician. She's smart and knows the ins and outs of policies to a level few candidates have ever reached, but she loses out on the popularity contests because she just doesn't exude that warmth and friendliness that people want from politicians, male or female.

Her history as a candidate is extremely poor - she was gifted the Democratic nomination for Senator in 2000, was losing as a Democratic Senate nominee in New York before Giuliani had to drop out of the race, then she won a virtually uncontested race in 2006. In 2008 she lost to Obama despite a big lead. In 2016 despite the DNC doing everything it could to clear the runway for her, she nearly lost to a 74 year old radical candidate who most observers thought didn't have a chance coming in. Then she lost the general election to Donald Trump!
    Clinton is not the most charismatic politician, but she does come off as competent, knowledgeable, and professional, which is far more than any Republican candidate in the field could claim. If you put her up against Bush, Cruz, Rubio, or whoever else, there isn't a single non-partisan argument you could make to put any of them over Clinton as a candidate, even though she probably would have lost anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    True. I guess Liberals are ok with terrorists, and racists who are the right color.
    More like they don't dunk their nominees in bigger and bigger piles of bullshit and nominate the stinkiest one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Poor, poor shillary, losing to trump is bad enough, now your going full on fem-tard
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Both as disastrous, just in different ways, and both illustrating the profound leadership deficit this country has.

Obama was a smooth talking son of a bitch. I'm from Boston... Harvard types like that are a dime a dozen. His deviations were subtle (but significant) and obscured by his oratory. If I had been posting here in 2009, you would have seen me rip into President Nobel Peace Prize.

Trump's first 100 days have been a fiasco except for about two things. And Trump-Russia grows worse and worse by the week and is not going away.

But that just underscores something I've been saying for a few months: Trumpkins are no different than the Obama Zealots in 2009. The latter had their hearts broken, and so will the former. And both so richly, richly, deserve it.

- - - Updated - - -

So you're upset about retarded people doing retarded things. Are you new to the world? Because you've legitimately described thousands of years of human civil society - people wanting insane, stupid things and it not happening. Or people doing stupid gestures.

But let me ask: does it change anything? Does shoving spagetti up your vagina actually matter? Does anyone really care? No. It doesn't matter. You shouldn't care because some jackass proclaiming that white men aren't human isn't a serious person and their ideas aren't serious ones either.

Your energy would be better spent on actually serious people and serious issues, rather than imagined ones.

You're shocked a politician whose party primary draws women and minorities (most white men vote Republican and long have) is going to make a speech that panders to the people they want to get out and vote for them?

This is a surprising thing to you?

Do you know why Identity politics is a thing? Because with the rare exception, it *works*. It's exactly the same thing as negative campaigning. Everyone detests it in principle. In practice, the results are generally inarguable.

There is no way you can not look at a speech a would-be President of the United States gave, and not consider it through the lens of that agenda. Who knows if she is being sincere or not, or the context of giving a speech. She said those words as part of her plan to become President. It is no different than how Obama changed the inflection of his speech when he was talking to executives versus the working class versus the black community. It's all about making the audience say "he/she is one of us".
    I shouldn't care that the depute pm said those things?

I shouldn't care that my tax money get wasted on shit like painting with menstrual blood?

Why exactly?

Kudos to Clinton on a long term strategy, but I kinda doubt US voters looked at a speech in El Salvador through the lens of a would-be president given how she gave that speech 18 years prior to the election. I'd say she didn't really read the crowd that well or communicate her goals properly.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-04-18 at 09:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Its funny because I always said only Trump could have beaten Hillary (as bad as she was). With a "traditional" republican candidate the media would have eaten them alive. Trump, with his star power, took his message straight to the voters. What other republican candidate could have held rallies that filled stadiums with enthusiastic voters?
    I guess it does work both ways yeah, they were star crossed opponents in a weird sorta way

As of the current situation, I remain in a perpetual state of optimism and pessimism as to how trump will do/is doing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    The right doesn't move in lockstep either, if they did they would have passed Paul Ryan's bill.

To me the big difference is the right tends to go for big wins and the left goes for small ones. So you end up with the right having simple, clearly articulated positions, and the left with complicated half measures like "You can go to college for free but only if you make less than x and you have to work y hours per week and if you don't qualify under program z and if you were born in January when the moon was full and...
    That bill didnt pass for a couple reasons. Primarily the fact that without obama to veto it would actually become law and the republicans would then have to go back to their constituents and tell them why they repealed the aca to give tax cuts. It was political suicide. I would not take that as a sign that republicans are terrible divided on many issues.

Remember ted cruz? The man who said trump wasnt gonna win the nomination? Trump bullied him, made fun of his wife and his dad. Guess who was stumping for him?

Thats fucking sad man. He dissed your wife homeboy. To watch a man deballed like that. And then to still fall in line. What a cuck.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2017-04-18 at 11:11 AM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Who cares what she says anymore, the best she's ever going to do now is mayor of New York.

While the criticism of her playing identity politics is valid at a certain point you just have to look at it for what it is and walk away. People spewing bullshit are going to only attract those who want to hear bullshit and once they've got their little kumbaya circle going they'll drown themselves in it. Let them.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    But that is not in itself illegal. Where is the proof that he or his staff did anything wrong?
    Of course it is. It wasn't foreign dignitaries, they were counter-intelligence agents and spies who assisted the Trump campaign in targeting specific populations through social media, blogs, and fake news in battleground states, which is proprietary to a campaign's internal polling. That is treasonous.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

She's probably got a bigger pecker than Bill and a huge scrotum so Misogyny doesn't really apply to her.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    So you're stating that the percentage of people who voted for Trump because he isn't a woman is 0? Truly fascinating.

Is it the primary reason she lost? No.

Is it one of the reasons she lost? You'd have to be retarded to think otherwise.
    Granted, but I heard more people saying they were voting for Clinton because she has a vagina than I heard people saying they were voting against her because of it.

I've heard other women being slandered because they wouldn't vote her. And the only reason they were being given that they were wrong is "because you are a woman, you should vote for a woman".

So you aren't wrong. I'm sure there were a few folks who didn't vote for her because she was a woman, but far more voted for her solely because of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Wow, what does that say about Melania then?
    No idea, I could care less about an MTV has been model.

I know she wouldn't get my vote if that's what your asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Granted, but I heard more people saying they were voting for Clinton because she has a vagina than I heard people saying they were voting against her because of it.

I've heard other women being slandered because they wouldn't vote her. And the only reason they were being given that they were wrong is "because you are a woman, you should vote for a woman".

So you aren't wrong. I'm sure there were a few folks who didn't vote for her because she was a woman, but far more voted for her solely because of it.
    I agree, these reasons are equally poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...-2016-election

The core of identity politics. It's never your fault, it's always your opponents who are bigots. Trumps re-election is almost certain since the democrats have chosen not to correct their course.
    Democrats need to abandon identity politics pronto. Real issue like green energy and universal income and healthcare is what the electorate cares about for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    More like they don't dunk their nominees in bigger and bigger piles of bullshit and nominate the stinkiest one.
    Well then. Thanks for that brilliant and non-partisan insight.