Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So I see people claiming they can do "work" and still parse high.
    I really want to see some logs without padding, avoiding mechanics or whatnot and still parsing 95+, since clearly i'm doing something wrong.
    I parse from 60-99 depending on fight and workload. The only above 95 parses i have is when cheesing or doing no work.
    I really want to see 95+ numbers for fights like:
    Trilliax while taking cakes (and not the ones mellee can easily reach) and bombs
    Krossus while soaking the furthest back thingies and not add cheesing
    Star Agur no add cheese in last phase
    Most other fights are AOE which are inherently highly dependent on raid composition so don't really care about those.
    Would be really helpful for us skeptics to show that boomkin ST is fine.

In regards to spec switching:
    It's clearly way easier to switch say between frost and fire for a mage just on the fact alone that both use mostly same trinkets or same trinkets drop in both specs.
    If i'd have to switch to feral then not only would i need legendaries but i would need 2 high ilvl melee trinkets as well since those can be worth even more then legendaries. On top of that most guilds wouldn't have a problem with someone switching from range to range but switching from range to melee is a whole other story. In my case it wouldn't even be possible since at this point we are down to 4-6 range thanks to NH melee friendliness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wewe View Post
    thanks to NH melee friendliness.
    Speaking about melee friendliness, do we have some PTR feedback on ToS encounters ?

I watched every encounters on YouTube and it seems that ToS will have the same balance between ST/AoE and dynamic/static as we have on NH... this means for me that moonkin will be in the exact same situation : i feel only competitive (= not complete trash) when movements don't deeply disturb my ED rotation, or when AoEs last long enough (at least 2 starfalls)... that is... never (well Bota MM is really random, maybe because of our strat where the raid is split in two... some pulls are nice with no mechanics on my side)

Do someone that really played those encounter can report on the dynamic/static part (it's not easy to figure out from the videos) for ST encounters ? For aoe encounters (harjatan), i feel adds are dying too fast, like on skorpyron for us to really shine..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    Correct, my argument is that we don't switch to feral. It's much easier to switch from fire to frost, or marksman to beast mastery. It's much harder to switch from boomkin to feral or vice versa. Therefore, people don't do it. That's why the hotfixes are in place -- the specs that did have a large exodus were buffed. We didn't have an exodus.
    +1
    Given my poor moonkin performance, i spend two weeks gearing my feral spec. I had two acceptables shared legendaries (belt and trinket), and thanks to the broken isle vendors and Nethershard farming, i was able to get 880+ relics and trinkets (got nice titanforged procs).

With suboptimal (too much haste) gear and 900 ilevel, i can reach the same ST dps on dummies as my moonkin (905 ilevel), around 700k ...
    For me, the ED and the feral gameplay are 'about' the same compexity on dummy : it's not easy to master, but doable.

But in raids, well, that's an another story, i feel like it will require A LOT of training for me to deal more 500k feral dps on real encounters.. whereas i already have the progression training in moonkin (hundreds of wipes...on MM)

So I see people claiming they can do "work" and still parse high.
    I really want to see some logs without padding, avoiding mechanics or whatnot and still parsing 95+, since clearly i'm doing something wrong.
    I parse from 60-99 depending on fight and workload. The only above 95 parses i have is when cheesing or doing no work.
    I really want to see 95+ numbers for fights like:
    Trilliax while taking cakes (and not the ones mellee can easily reach) and bombs
    Krossus while soaking the furthest back thingies and not add cheesing
    Star Agur no add cheese in last phase
    Most other fights are AOE which are inherently highly dependent on raid composition so don't really care about those.
    Would be really helpful for us skeptics to show that boomkin ST is fine.
    I would love to see something like this as well. I looked on logs and my top parses for each fight range from ~40-80. How many of those above me are cheese fights? I do mostly heroic, so I imagine a lot of the top parses for heroic are cheesed fights from guilds better than mine. It would be nice to see/know what are good benchmarks for guilds that are still forced to do mechanics. Being in the guild that I am in (mostly heroic, who occasionally ventures into mythic), I am by no means holding us back by being a boomkin, but it would be nice to know what exactly what a good boomkin is supposed to do without cheesing adds/mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohoots View Post
    We WERE one of the worst classes.

Look at 7.2 over last week.

We went from 24/24 by 2+% on every ST fight to 20-21/24 on every ST fight Because of the new Gold trait. Combine that with new 4 set+the 11% SS buff and we should be right in the middle 10-15th ST in 7.2 as of right now.

lol amazing how things change, as expected once again...repeating history over and over again.

Don't Worry guys 7.1.5 aura will fix it, i mean 7.1.5 tier, i mean 7.2 golden trait, i mean 7.2.5 tier and 11% buff to a single spell, i mean.....i mean.....Guess we can keep counting on all these things to "fix us" when in the past the only real meaningful fix is a buff to our baseline spells and changes/overhauls to our mechanics.

ya, i just put my final 47th point in balance i think i will buff up to golden trait on my heal spec since we tend to always be 1 heal short and i "get to heal" a lot of the first 5 fights in mythic.

"get to heal" = if i don't heal i get sat on some fights.

problem is if they ever find a holy pally or a decent 2nd shaman i am totally bench able. We already bench 1 of the 2 moonkin we have on the roster at least a few times a week. only time we seem to get both of them in is when we are farming the first 3.

But don't worry guys the sky is not falling, it's great waiting for 7.2.5 since this tier is over right? i really really want to kill NH bosses AAAAAFTER a new raid comes out......

There is a bit of good news next couple fights we can hide how bad moonkin is, Tisch padding!!! Though Bot its kind of easy to catch us because they don't count splash damage on the other two bosses.

I wish i could download that log data from the web site, i would love to see our overall standings with things like bloods, scorp and a few other things taken out. would be an interesting weekend of playing around with globs of data.

Meh. If we do weak dmg then it's the raidleaders choice to bench

Don't worry guys they are hard at work on moonkin.

latest build on PTR....3 major.....tooltip changes.

/fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post

/fixed
    Meanwhile arms warrior gets a 20% dps boost to a point where players I know who are 99% fury warriors right now are saying arms will be #1 spec overall if these changes stick..... Golf Clap for Celestilon the greatest game designer of all time...

Meanwhile arms warrior gets a 20% dps boost to a point where players I know who are 99% fury warriors right now are saying arms will be #1 spec overall if these changes stick..... Golf Clap for Celestilon the greatest game designer of all time...

/fixed
    UM, you forgot the Artifact Trait for New Moon, so that's 4 changes, good sir.

Golf Clap for Celestilon the greatest game designer of all time...
    I heard him briefly forget the word "human" once. He's an asshole.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    UM, you forgot the Artifact Trait for New Moon, so that's 4 changes, good sir.

I heard him briefly forget the word "human" once. He's an asshole.
    Is that a tooltip change? Or is that a nerf cause now it wont double dip from CI?

Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    Is that a tooltip change? Or is that a nerf cause now it wont double dip from CI?
    Moon spells have been Arcane damage for awhile now, actually. The tooltips were just never fixed. IIRC this was a hotfix back during 7.1 for PvP reasons (because getting locked out of both schools leaves you twice as fucked).

Granted nerfing our only way to do damage in PvP (DoTs) leaves us quite fucked as well

If you still think it's not just a tooltip change, here's a random log of mine. Notice how the Moon spells' bars share the same color as Moonfire and Lunar Strike (solid blue), while all Astral damage: Starsurge, Starfall, and Shooting/Echoing Stars, are all blue/green gradients.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-04-19 at 04:59 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    I get 99 ranks and still do mechanics, but maybe I just got lucky.

On topic: I agree with Huth that FoE is going to require a rework to make it operational, which means that there wont be any changes this expansion. Additionally, Stellar Flare may be in the same boat in that it wont be addressed for a while. This leaves us with our typical talent dichotomies of {SotF vs. Inc}, {ShS vs. BotA} and {SD vs. NB}. Hopefully in the coming tier, we will be able to accommodate more ST-centric builds like Inc/BotA/SD or Inc/ShS/NB, in light of the SD nerf. SD nerf actually impacts SotF more than expected.
    Not to be harsh or anything. But bragging about some 99 ranks when all you have available are heroic parses is a bit silly, considering the minimal impact of ignoring mechanics, and ease of cheesing\padding, especially if you keep running it as a guild whereas most guilds just stopped doing them and players go on pugs, take alts, pugs, offspecs, whatever, all of which have direct impact on the parse.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2017-04-19 at 06:21 AM.

/fixed
    Well this al but confirms my fear that we will not be getting any meaningful changes.
    It's really sad though because at this point i don't really think we will be getting % dmg increase either cuz as it has been shown moonkins POTENTIAL dmg output is quite good even in ST when given the opportunity (ex. pretending to be a melee and tunneling boss).
    In my opinion overall dmg wise we are fine, just the numbers need to be redistributed from starsurge to other spells so we don't get royally f*-ed when we can't generate AP fast enough (moving, mechanics, etc..) or have to throw out starfall for some adds that pop up here and there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Not to be harsh or anything. But bragging about some 99 ranks when all you have available are heroic parses is a bit silly, considering the minimal impact of ignoring mechanics, and ease of cheesing\padding, especially if you keep running it as a guild whereas most guilds just stopped doing them and players go on pugs, take alts, pugs, offspecs, whatever, all of which have direct impact on the parse.
    Not bragging, I was replying to the post above mine on 99 ranks == ignoring mechanics. I'm not refuting anything else.

Well this al but confirms my fear that we will not be getting any meaningful changes.
    As was expected, since we don't actually have any serious mechanical issues that would be fixable in the scope of a patch.

Nobody has gotten any tuning yet for 7.2.5, and it will stay that way for a few more weeks. Exactly the same as with 7.0, 7.1, 7.1.5 and 7.2. Funny how people forget that every 5 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post

Nobody has gotten any tuning yet for 7.2.5
    Ok? Are you reading ptr notes or ? Lots of specs had MAJOR changes in 7.2.5, and blizzard usually frontloads major changes. ex. brew, disc, outlaw, sub, destro, arms, guardian .... and quite alot "smaller" but big impact changes ex. frost mage TV "nerf".

Ok? Are you reading ptr notes or ? Lots of specs had MAJOR changes in 7.2.5, and blizzard usually frontloads major changes. ex. brew, disc, outlaw, sub, destro, arms, guardian .... and quite alot "smaller" but big impact changes ex. frost mage TV "nerf".
    All of which are mechanical changes to the spec, yes. No tuning. Any power differences are incidental and will be compensated for before the tuning phase begins.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    All of which are mechanical changes to the spec, yes. No tuning. Any power differences are incidental and will be compensated for before the tuning phase begins.
    How is "8% damage increase to all abilities" a mechanical change?

Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    Stellar Drift now increases Starfall's damage by 50% (was 60%).
    Starsurge damage increased by 11%.

Thoughts?

I like it so far, but I feel like we need wayyy more. We all knew SD was overbuffed from last patch so losing 10% isnt bad. But SS dmg isnt enough to make our single target competitive. And then thinking that our 4 piece gives us 15% which we wont have next tier makes me sadder

we just had another change to New Moon/ Half Moon/ Full Moon,

they have been changed back to Arcane from Astral.

Meaning that they will also benifit from our Circadian Invocation, extra 6% Arcane Damage.

so that in turn is also an increase in our Single Target.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.