Page 7 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Labour will suffer its worst defeat since before WW2. At least the useless Corbyn will finally be gone.
    Hey, you're being rude. He has a really nice voice and i want him to read me fantasy novels while i sleep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    She can get a 100+ seat majority, which would silence any lingering doubts about her legitimacy to oversee the country and Brexit.
    That's extremely unlikely. There aren't that many seats where the Conservatives were close to winning, and they won a number of the ones they have by the width of a fag paper.

What a ridiculous article. It begins with the absurd assumption that May was unaware of the process of triggering an election under the terms of the Fixed Parliament act, despite her referring to it during her speech.

It then goes on to say she has nothing to gain. Apart from, you know, a large majority, a strong personal mandate, and a stronger negotiating position for Brexit talks.
    See my above reply to @Kalis. She stands to lose substantially more than she stands to gain, given what happened in 2015.

Perversely, that also gives her something. A reason to resign, and leave the Brexit shit-show to someone else.

The tl;dr of a lot of this is that Labour's little experimental flirtation with Corbyn will end like virtually everyone who isn't a Momentum member predicted: electoral oblivion.

They can then have a good look at what went wrong, get rid of the lunatics that make them unelectable, and try and rebuild something approaching an effective opposition party.

That or form a new party while Corbyn / McDonnell's ultras continue gnashing their teeth about evil austerity Tories ad infinitem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted
    We have SJWs in the UK.

We even have BLM in the UK, nobody is quite sure why.
    Last i heard they shut down an airport because of "environment racism"

its about the only thing ive heard BLM doing here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    That's extremely unlikely. There aren't that many seats where the Conservatives were close to winning, and they won a number of the ones they have by the width of a fag paper.

See my above reply to @Kalis. She stands to lose substantially more than she stands to gain, given what happened in 2015.

Perversely, that also gives her something. A reason to resign, and leave the Brexit shit-show to someone else.
    That is not how it works. As it stands the Tories would have a huge majority and that is before they start going after Corbyn, Abbott and Thornberry in a campaign.

There is nothing to suggest that May wants to resign.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    I didn't realise parliament had pre-approved the date of the 8th of June, allowing her to announce that date with their backing

must have approved it sneakily, considering some of her own ministers didn't know about the announcement until it happened
    Stop being silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    Last i heard they shut down an airport because of "environment racism"

its about the only thing ive heard BLM doing here
    They also chanted "Hands up, don't shoot" to police in South London* and blockaded trams in Nottingham (?).

*Edit: For non-British people, those police do not carry firearms.
    Last edited by Kalis; 2017-04-18 at 01:30 PM.

Stop being silly.
    right back at you

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    This isn't about taking advantage of Labour. And it isn't about seeking a mandate for their kind of Brexit. I think there is one reason why this election has suddenly been called out of the blue.

The investigations that are going on into the over-spending by the Tories in the last election can't be delayed any longer, and they are going to report that a) there was over-spending and b) that all the Tory held seats where the offences took place will require by-elections. This would be terrible publicity (assuming any of the MSM actually reported it) and would almost certainly result in the Tories losing their overall majority.

So, to avoid that they are calling a snap GE, knowing that when the results of the investigations become public, they can't result in any by-elections because the GE would already have taken place.

Oh, and if any of you don't know what I'm talking about, I'm really not surprised. Weirdly enough the fact that there are police investigations going on into election spending by the Tories in multiple constituencies hasn't been reported anything like as much as it should be. Or anything like as much as it would be if Labour were doing it rather than the Tories.

Fingers crossed this backfires horribly on May and her lizard pals, and everyone finally sees what they are doing to anyone that isn't rich in this country. An electoral wipe-out of that crew of slimeballs would be a welcome tonic after the political nonsense of recent times.
    The overspending isn't nearly as big a deal as you think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Hey, you're being rude. He has a really nice voice and i want him to read me fantasy novels while i sleep.
    Maybe he just needs to engage his warface and his chances will improve:

Deleted
    A strong figure would be much better than corbyn. Someone like I don't know... trump or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol this is straight up pathetic. They just had an election, then a referendum then another election.

The U.K really has fallen. This isn't good governance.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is not how it works. As it stands the Tories would have a huge majority and that is before they start going after Corbyn, Abbott and Thornberry in a campaign.
    Eh? What are you basing that on? Polls don't determine seats, and there's absolutely no basis whatsoever to suggest that the Conservatives will win a "huge majority". None. Increased vote share in seats you already hold are meaningless, and the UKIP vote is likely to implode given that the reason for its existence has been taken away.

Those votes could go anywhere, and there's no European referendum to help the Conservatives take them from Labour this time. Add in a Liberal Democrat party that won't get ragdolled for a coalition their voters wanted to avoid so badly, and there's far more risk than reward in this call.

There is nothing to suggest that May wants to resign.
    Being the Prime Minister that ushers in a calamitous Brexit is a pretty good reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh? What are you basing that on? Polls don't determine seats, and there's absolutely no basis whatsoever to suggest that the Conservatives will win a "huge majority". None. Increased vote share in seats you already hold are meaningless, and the UKIP vote is likely to implode given that the reason for its existence has been taken away.

Those votes could go anywhere, and there's no European referendum to help the Conservatives take them from Labour this time. Add in a Liberal Democrat party that won't get ragdolled for a coalition their voters wanted to avoid so badly, and there's far more risk than reward in this call.
    They can determine polls by constituency. Everything looks like it will lead to a Tory landslide, the big question is how much damage will be done to Labour and which parties stand to gain the most from it.

Being the Prime Minister that ushers in a calamitous Brexit is a pretty good reason.
    There is still nothing to suggest May wants to resign. Considering that every poll predicts a major win and Labour have their least popular leader since Thatcher was wiping the floor with them, your argument makes no sense.

Smart move, but an embarrassing display regardless. Legitimately feeling sorry for the british people, both the no and yes voters.

Quote Originally Posted by ThanksForTheMemories View Post
    Hahaha. Yet again! You literally can't write one civil post. But what more should I expect from someone who's pinned post on twitter is one calling voters he doesn't agree with "deplorables".
    I'm not gonna try and be civil. You argue like a 12 year old or a retard. You were being inundated with rational posts and you deflected onto whatever tiniest bit of phrasing you felt upset you most. And then sit there saying "ERMERGERD YOU GUYS CAN'T BE CIVIL ERMERGERD"

Go fuck yourself you piece of shit and stay the fuck out of proper debates

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-04-18 at 02:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Gonna go out on a limb here and say that if you voted UKIP at the last GE, you probably did so because you wanted to leave the EU (that being the party's raison d'etre).

The idea of UKIP voters switching to parties that want to either dilute (Labour) or frustrate (Lib Dem) Brexit is... well... yeah.

So the Conservatives will probably get the lion's share of 4 million odd UKIP voters.

Add that to Labour's rock bottom polling, and the fact that their campaign warchest is less than 50% of what they had in 2015... they are out-polled and will be massively out-spent.

There's your recipe for a serious Conservative majority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I'm not gonna try and be civil. You argue like a 12 year old or a retard. You were being inundated with rational posts and you deflected onto whatever tiniest bit of phrasing you felt upset you most. And then sit there saying "ERMERGERD YOU GUYS CAN'T BE CIVIL ERMERGERD"

Go fuck yourself you piece of shit and stay the fuck out of proper debates
    Reported for flaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by ThanksForTheMemories View Post
    Reported for flaming.
    Please don't announce reports or discuss moderation.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Please don't announce reports or discuss moderation.
    Pretending to be a moderator is against the rules too.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.