Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Would be lovely to have a statistic overview on the graphs. It does not matter whether the graphs have several servers as blank, as long as the sample size is big enough. And if anything, all the small low pop servers are merged together.

Overall, not saying the graph is true, but you can't dismiss it aswell. It still tells a trend. You might not feel it personally, but that does not mean the trend is not there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    That you are here bitching about WoW despite not playing it? Point proven I guess? Know what I do when I stop playing something? I stop going to places I used to visit for information. This sure doesn't look like the off-topic forum now does it?
    Yea, what did I say? I said sometimes I think about going back, so I come here to see what others are saying about the game. Seems like it keeps getting worse. What do you do when you think about maybe going to back to something? You just jump in?

Haha, youre so angry, you are the exact kind of person that I am talking about. Youre defending this game so hard.

So correct it reports every realm...oh wait. And what even is the point of this thread? Does it matter if the subs are 2 million or 10 million? Does it stop you from enjoying the game? Or does it just have you rush to the forums to crow about how WoW is dying...just like it has been dying for years, amirite?
    It does matter. It affects queue times, ah sales, guild recruitment, etc. 2 million players don't all play on NA servers, on the same realms, log on at the same time, or does the same content simultaneously. Chances are, those not playing include people on your friends list, making the game less enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Yeah, it's as if they can't stand this idea that they stop enjoying the game but others keep on enjoying it...
    When I've stopped enjoying games, I have moved on. These people seem to have this need to stick around and try to get confirmation in their misery.
    Yeah beats me. It is one of the more confusing things when it comes to this game's community. I sure as hell didn't stick around to read forums of other MMOs when I stopped playing them. I mean if you liked the game but just couldn't keep playing it due to RL or other reasons, sure I get it. But to hate the game, quit playing and continue to go to forums that discuss the game? That's odd.

But I'm fine with it, gives the forums an interesting flavor and some quite amusing threads at times like the Nostalgia based ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Yea, what did I say? I said sometimes I think about going back, so I come here to see what others are saying about the game. Seems like it keeps getting worse. What do you do when you think about maybe going to back to something? You just jump in?

Haha, youre so angry, you are the exact kind of person that I am talking about. Youre defending this game so hard.
    How about I put this to you. What do most people do when they are happy with something? They don't say anything because they are happy with it. Do you call to leave a message to a place about some great service you received or do you call them when they fuck something up? How popular are threads that talk about the good things WoW do? Not very and they get plenty of negative attention when they do crop up.

So if you are trying to use forums like this as a sounding board for a 'state of the game' good luck buddy. I'd advise not going to League of Legend's reddit or some of the other MMOs out there.

And when I am thinking about going back to something or to something I am not familiar with I seek out people I know and usually don't put much stock in random people on forums.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    It does matter. It affects queue times, ah sales, guild recruitment, etc. 2 million players don't all play on NA servers, on the same realms, log on at the same time, or does the same content simultaneously. Chances are, those not playing include people on your friends list, making the game less enjoyable.
    I mean I get that, but I was playing Everquest and it was a game that I don't think ever broke 1 million subs. So yes I'll start to slowly notice the impact of less people around but I've not gotten to that point in 12 years of the game thus far. The friends list thing does suck but I've lost friends recently just because RL creeped up on them and they don't have time to game like they used to. Though a couple of them did leave because of not liking the game, so I'm not immune to it, I see it happening.

But it isn't something I have any real control over, right? So what can I do about it? Being negative about potential sub losses isn't going to help anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    I really, REALLY do not care about subscriber numbers at all. Has literally no impact what I find enjoyable what-so-ever.

How about I put this to you. What do most people do when they are happy with something? They don't say anything because they are happy with it. Do you call to leave a message to a place about some great service you received or do you call them when they fuck something up? How popular are threads that talk about the good things WoW do? Not very and they get plenty of negative attention when they do crop up.

So if you are trying to use forums like this as a sounding board for a 'state of the game' good luck buddy. I'd advise not going to League of Legend's reddit or some of the other MMOs out there.

And when I am thinking about going back to something or to something I am not familiar with I seek out people I know and usually don't put much stock in random people on forums.
    Well, I said what I do in my original post and it had more than just coming to MMO-C but im not going to type it all back for you. I also have a couple friends that still play and I do talk to them about the game, especially since a new patch came out. Do I need to write everything out for you acceptance? Lol. GTFO.

Youre playing this game, yet you know its bad. I bet you have tried to quit but youre too scared because WoW is basically your life. Its ok, lots of people defending Legion are in the same boat. Im sorry if that makes you angry or offends you, but I also know its the truth because the few friends that are still playing are doing it for that same reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirgamech View Post
    I really, REALLY do not care about subscriber numbers at all. Has literally no impact what I find enjoyable what-so-ever.
    Did you relish in the enjoyment this week´s new quest provided?

Patch 7.2 Tomb Of Sargeras: Available now!

(most content not available till 2-3 months after release)

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Did you relish in the enjoyment this week´s new quest provided?
    Most would have done the quests by now anyway this patch is about unlocking flying and ToS its not an end of expansion patch with stuff to do till next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    It matters in so far as how it influences gameplay decisions. At a certain point, the game becomes a lot more hassle than its profit margin is worth and, as a result, will see a slow draw-down of content. By monetising existing players better, and linking realms (CRZ is a part of this), Blizzard can stave that part of the game's life off for a bit longer.

All legitimate concerns for a lot of players, and complaints I'm sympathetic to. But, for me, I'm the type of person who plays quite casually now, has only really ever had interest in playing one toon and having content for it, and I'm not super-concerned about being ahead of the curve anymore (only competitive PvP and Mythic raids, a small percentage of players, really need that).

So, all in, it's not a big deal to me. The triple-random reward vehicles are a pain in the arse, though, and item level inflation has gotten out of hand. It really needs some attention.
    The rng complaint is typically not legit though. Its usually a very thinly veiled request to return back to the wod model of raid logging inside your garrisom cause the rest of the game is worthless.

Theirs a real solution to rng that doesnt involve gutting the rest of the game. Put the gear on a fucking vendor. I suspect that would not be enough for most of the people complainig about rng.

Youre playing this game, yet you know its bad. I bet you have tried to quit but youre too scared because WoW is basically your life. Its ok, lots of people defending Legion are in the same boat. Im sorry if that makes you angry or offends you, but I also know its the truth because the few friends that are still playing are doing it for that same reason.
    The fuck did that come from? I play this game because I have been with my guild for years and I enjoy raiding with them. I like being able to do M+ and having dungeon content actually be fun again. That is some really weak stuff to try and insult me with though. I'm not the one coming back to WoW forums after not being able to stay away from the game. Like I said, if I felt Legion was as bad as you say I would have moved on to something else. I dropped Everquest when I found something I liked better and I loved that game.

There is no point trying to have further discussion with you though as you just want to drop in as many insults as you can. It means you don't have much left of substance to discuss. But I think the game is better off without people like you, so please do stay away from it. Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by garethrogue View Post
    That looks terrible. That is certainly not my reason for inactivity lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaveil View Post
    That looks terrible. That is certainly not my reason for inactivity lol
    I wish FFXIV was better (for me). I gave it two tries, when it rereleased and the 1st expansion it put out. Not a bad game by any means but just not what I'm looking for.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is we don't know what would be considered the number of players needed to influence gameplay decisions. I think the Battlenet Token has brought extra income in since the tokens cost MORE than a normal sub. Though without a doubt there is some point that will be too much hassle, it could be years down the road or it could hit WoW far earlier than some think.
    That's the type of discussion I prefer; it's a lot more difficult to prove something one way or the other, and there are compelling arguments on either side.

To me, games like Heroes or Hearthstone are much, much easier to maintain, and the monies they bring in must be a substantially higher percentage than what World of Warcraft attracts. Overwatch was another game that was ultimately built for the competitive E-Sports environment, and didn't Blizzard just invest hugely in E-Sports in the last year?

I think it's pretty clear what direction Blizzard wants to go in because, if you think about it, every tournament brings in more cash without the company itself actually doing anything. World of Warcraft is a pretty dreadful E-Sport, and I'd imagine that the PvE races they do at BlizzCon are the most tired, boring segments of the entire show. If they decided to reset gear for progression, run it as a ladder, and only allow it during times where it could be screened. If "gear shouldn't matter in PvP", I don't understand why it should matter in the PvE race. Set up the Mythic tournament realm for those that want to compete, leave live realms with Heroic difficulty and the gear treadmill, and make it an E-Sport.

Perhaps that'd be more exciting and open the field up to a lot more guilds but it could just as easily kill the competitive scene, which is an outrageous risk for a game that still brings in the green so readily.

The fuck did that come from? I play this game because I have been with my guild for years and I enjoy raiding with them. I like being able to do M+ and having dungeon content actually be fun again. That is some really weak stuff to try and insult me with though. I'm not the one coming back to WoW forums after not being able to stay away from the game. Like I said, if I felt Legion was as bad as you say I would have moved on to something else. I dropped Everquest when I found something I liked better and I loved that game.

There is no point trying to have further discussion with you though as you just want to drop in as many insults as you can. It means you don't have much left of substance to discuss. But I think the game is better off without people like you, so please do stay away from it. Thanks!
    A new patch just came out, so I came to the forums to see what its all about. Most people come back when a new patch is released right?

No, you came off with a very harsh tone, making assumptions about why I am looking at the forums. After I pointed out why you continue to play this game, you start using this, Youre Insulting Me, defense. Please. Youre pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    That's the type of discussion I prefer; it's a lot more difficult to prove something one way or the other, and there are compelling arguments on either side.

To me, games like Heroes or Hearthstone are much, much easier to maintain, and the monies they bring in must be a substantially higher percentage than what World of Warcraft attracts. Overwatch was another game that was ultimately built for the competitive E-Sports environment, and didn't Blizzard just invest hugely in E-Sports in the last year?

I think it's pretty clear what direction Blizzard wants to go in because, if you think about it, every tournament brings in more cash without the company itself actually doing anything. World of Warcraft is a pretty dreadful E-Sport, and I'd imagine that the PvE races they do at BlizzCon are the most tired, boring segments of the entire show. If they decided to reset gear for progression, run it as a ladder, and only allow it during times where it could be screened. If "gear shouldn't matter in PvP", I don't understand why it should matter in the PvE race. Set up the Mythic tournament realm for those that want to compete, leave live realms with Heroic difficulty and the gear treadmill, and make it an E-Sport.

Perhaps that'd be more exciting and open the field up to a lot more guilds but it could just as easily kill the competitive scene, which is an outrageous risk for a game that still brings in the green so readily.
    I mean there seems to be some good money in much shorter games too. A game of hearthstone can be picked up whenever you want and the games are really quick. Same goes for Overwatch, short matches and you can jump in and out. When it comes to a MMO the time investment is usually higher and some people just can't devote some of the hours required anymore.

No doubt about it though, WoW PvP is dreadful to watch when it comes to E-sports. Hearthstone seems to have been really solid in that department and it remains to be seen just what Overwatch will do.

- - - Updated - - -

A new patch just came out, so I came to the forums to see what its all about. Most people come back when a new patch is released right?

No, you came off with a very harsh tone, making assumptions about why I am looking at the forums. After I pointed out why you continue to play this game, you start using this, Youre Insulting Me, defense. Please. Youre pathetic.
    Umm I said you are insulting me because you did EXACTLY that. It isn't a defense, it is pointing out exactly what you did. You make some wild guess as to why I am playing the game and get pissy when called out on it. Anyways, you are just wasting my time if you are going to keep going down this road.

mobs scaling on item level is just so huge lie from blizzard that i can't support game anymore after lies like that

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is dying the slowest death I've ever seen. It's been 13 years of dying.

Get a grip people, people saying that we are at 2.5 million subs? Yeah, sure.

Call me when you have official numbers.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

I mean there seems to be some good money in much shorter games too. A game of hearthstone can be picked up whenever you want and the games are really quick. Same goes for Overwatch, short matches and you can jump in and out. When it comes to a MMO the time investment is usually higher and some people just can't devote some of the hours required anymore.

No doubt about it though, WoW PvP is dreadful to watch when it comes to E-sports. Hearthstone seems to have been really solid in that department and it remains to be seen just what Overwatch will do.

- - - Updated - - -

Umm I said you are insulting me because you did EXACTLY that. It isn't a defense, it is pointing out exactly what you did. You make some wild guess as to why I am playing the game and get pissy when called out on it. Anyways, you are just wasting my time if you are going to keep going down this road.
    You got pissy at my post is what I said, why do you keep forgetting that? And yes you are defending. And yes, I can see that you are the kind of person that has to have the last word. So now I am doing nothing but not letting you have the last word because that is how sad you are.