returning fire mage

So after a few months break from the class have I started play fire again and after 3 utility leggys did I finally get the fire belt this weekend.

My question is, how does this change the rotation after 30%?

Should I only spam scorch and procced pyroblast or should I work in fireblast and Phoenix flames as well?

you should probably just spec frost if you care about your dmg

10+ Year Old Account
    Go frost. /thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nergal View Post
    So after a few months break from the class have I started play fire again and after 3 utility leggys did I finally get the fire belt this weekend.

My question is, how does this change the rotation after 30%?

Should I only spam scorch and procced pyroblast or should I work in fireblast and Phoenix flames as well?
    You still want to keep PF and FBlast on CD. Also in case you didn't know if you cast scorch while you have a heating up proc you can instantly send the instant pyro without accidently hardcasting pyro in between. This however does not work with flamestrike.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombercloner View Post
    You still want to keep PF and FBlast on CD. Also in case you didn't know if you cast scorch while you have a heating up proc you can instantly send the instant pyro without accidently hardcasting pyro in between. This however does not work with flamestrike.
    One of the big reasons you see fire mages dancing around during combustion and things like that. You can't accidentally hard cast while moving.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    One of the big reasons you see fire mages dancing around during combustion and things like that. You can't accidentally hard cast while moving.
    You can also scorch>scorch>pyro with no risk or starting a hard cast

OP, you returned the wrong spec.

Thx for the help, well aware that fire is suboptimal compared to frost but I enjoy fire more, and with my progression raiding needs filled by my fury warrior do I not feel the need to play the "optimal" spec on my "main alt"

Go frost and do not turn back.