Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Not getting out of combat because of ridiculous respawn rates

It's especially bad at the murloc place and where the treasure goblin demons are. If there are too many players in the area the respawn rate is so high that it's impossible to finish off mobs before the next ones spawn. You are constantly in combat. How are people supposed to mount up, log out or do anything this way?

10+ Year Old Account
    Run away on foot until you can mount.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    This. And pro tip: this works since VANILLA

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    unless you are a tank that is going to take a long time with the constant refreshes on daze.

Deleted
    Find the nearest point of elevation, jump off and use your skyhorn kite. Works for me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie De Palma View Post
    It's especially bad at the murloc place and where the treasure goblin demons are. If there are too many players in the area the respawn rate is so high that it's impossible to finish off mobs before the next ones spawn. You are constantly in combat. How are people supposed to mount up, log out or do anything this way?
    - kill them
    - hide behind the big rock down there
    - ???
    - profit

or do it like me, roll a night elf and shadowmeld away.

but that seems to be very difficult to do, only pro-combat-escapers like myself and several million other people can do that obviously.

Formerly known as Arafal

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    anddddd.......if they back off the respawns you would complain about that too

*clap

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Uh... run away?
    ugh, running is so 2004.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    run away? Welcome to vanilla bc wrath cata mop wod and legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I noticed my Aethas was pulling mobs like crazy, like he'd run off to things far away I hadn't even attacked yet. I love him but had to swap him out because I was constantly stuck in combat.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Don't log out in the murloc area.

10+ Year Old Account
    There must be a new players guide somewhere that helps out with this sort of thing.

Well if you're adamant about "standing your ground" against the monsters, just run a little ways at a time before AoEing what you got. Just advance as much as is possible, however many mobs you can handle. Ideally you may want to save your cool-downs for a big pull (either to just live or to wipe everything out quickly) just to get out of dodge.

Of course if you're a night elf, you could just shadow-meld and mount up while the mobs reset.

Buble hearthstone...

Madness will consume you!!!

I run away and mount up, like others have stated. You might have to kill a couple that follow you...also you can use the whistle too, which I do more than not as I don't have flying yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feign Death + Camouflage is a wonderful thing. It's how I travel Suramar City without ever worrying about the guards. "Oh no, I've lost my disguise! Better FD, Camo, and then reapply it."

Also, run away. Them boots were made for walking.

Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    unless you are a tank that is going to take a long time with the constant refreshes on daze.
    Lol, it's not that common, and most specs have a stun/slow/displacement/speedboost that can get them out faster. You don't have to go far, just like a 5 second walk in any direction.

You make it sound like moving around doing wq is just a chain of dazes >.>

Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    Use Prydaz.

Quote Originally Posted by Louie De Palma View Post
    This is one of the reasons, why I hate current packed claustrophobic design - such high respawn rates completely ruin immersion for me. I remember old MOP times, when after doing Tillers' dailies on that freakin hill - I had to run whole way to Farm on my own feet, cuz freakin combat was so bugged, that I couldn't get out of it even via evading.

Also this is one of the reasons, why I hate this obsolete mechanic, that artificially locks you and prevents you from doing anything - combat. You should know, that combat - is like plague. You deal just 1dmg to other player's mob - and you become somehow "entangled" with that player since that moment. And you just can't get out of combat, till this other player won't do it too, no matter, how far you are from each other. I.e. if that other player chainpulls mobs non-stop - you will never get out of combat. And if there are several players, who are "entangled" with each other... You know... Just freakin endless bugged combat.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.