Raiding: What Build/Legendaries/Trinkets Do You Prefer?

Trying to get a picture of what my fellow raiding DHs are using.

I'm at a place where I have the best legendaries for Havoc. I have shoulders, ring (aothg), belt, bracers, and helm. I've tried the 2 minute meta build for a while, but don't like using CoF, and don't enjoy choosing relics surrounding the build. Instead, I keep gravitating to the standard/common nem + chaos blade + ring + belt. The amount of burst I get at the beginning of a boss pull feels very gratifying. It works really well for most fights, where the 2 min meta can feel blocky sometimes.

What build + legendaries + trinkets do you personally prefer, and why?
    Are you switching your talents and legendaries for certain fights? (Like eyebeam helm for skorp, 2 min meta for tich, bracers + bloodlet for Botanist)

Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    Trying to get a picture of what my fellow raiding DHs are using.

I'm at a place where I have the best legendaries for Havoc. I have shoulders, ring (aothg), belt, bracers, and helm. I've tried the 2 minute meta build for a while, but don't like using CoF, and don't enjoy choosing relics surrounding the build. Instead, I keep gravitating to the standard/common nem + chaos blade + ring + belt. The amount of burst I get at the beginning of a boss pull feels very gratifying. It works really well for most fights, where the 2 min meta can feel blocky sometimes.

What build + legendaries + trinkets do you personally prefer, and why?
    Are you switching your talents and legendaries for certain fights? (Like eyebeam helm for skorp, 2 min meta for tich, bracers + bloodlet for Botanist)
    Blocky? You have a build w/ 2, 2min cooldowns, and 1 3min~ CD, what is "blocky" about having all 3 lined up, and having your opening burst again? Did you mean "clunky" as again getting meta faster when you have cof/shoulders etc is going to mean you have 1 on use trinket and 1 on proc...so Idk really seems like you've made your mind up yourself. Most people going for w/e their legendary items support.

Deleted
    There's 3 options of legendary combo's to do raiding with for Havoc if you ask me:

The most standard single-target (ST) build: belt + ring (first blood)
    The alternative ST build: shoulders + ring + meta relics (first blood)
    The cleave/ST build: Bracers + ring (bloodlet)

I don't have the belt, so I use the other two specs. I do all my M+ in the bloodlet build for the strong cleave.

For raiding: I switch between the last two specs depending on the boss. Judging which one is better is not as easy as it looks, as a lot depends on the length of the fight.

The shoulders build is best if you can get an extra meta + cb + nem in and the fight ends just after this meta. It's all about getting that 2 minute meta CD so you can line it up with CB and Nemesis. The shoulders have allowed you to use 2 meta's instead of 1 that DH's in other specs get. This can be very powerful on fights like Krosus. However, a big drawback of this build is that I find you really need 2 relics in addition to the 4 points in meta CD reduce trait for it reliably bring your meta down to 2 minutes without using convergence of fates. I got lucky, recently and have 2 910 relics. This allowed me to score very good logs for a lot of bosses in heroic, as well as Krosus in Mythic. However, this also means that you sometimes have to gimp your other specs. The bloodlet or belt specs would be better with 3x glaive throw/chaos blade relics. I don't have that option (yet) so I'm okay with it, but having to rely on relics is super annoying. Note: Mythic Tichondrius is good for the shoulders: you can line up your CDs with the post-batface 30% damage buff for great burst.

The bloodlet build is obviously good for fights with lots of cleave. It can be strong on more ST-oriented fights too, however, I use a mouseover glaive throw button so that I can throw glaives at adds which then bounce onto the boss, doing +50% damage for each add it bounced over. This can be pretty satisfying and fun. A good example is Spellblade: on mythic, an add spawns that doesn't have to be killed. Periodically it gets close to the boss, you can use this to bounce your glaive from the add to the boss, increasing your glaive damage dramatically. Likewise, sometimes you get lucky on Krosus and can bounce glaives off adds that spawn in the front. If these oppertunities are regular, it becomes better than the full ST builds, even for very ST-oriented fights. I also think that skill-element of glaive bouncing is just fun to do.

I would like to have the belt for fights like mythic Botanist and Elisande. In these fights you have 3 oppertunities to use the 30% damage effect which can be huge. But once again, it depends highly on the dps of your raid if you can burst during these windows.

That's my 2 cents.
    Last edited by mmoce1586f4f3f; 2017-04-20 at 02:00 PM.

Deleted
    There's 3 options of legendary combo's to do raiding with for Havoc if you ask me:

The most standard single-target (ST) build: belt + ring (first blood)
    The alternative ST build: shoulders + ring + meta relics (first blood)
    The cleave/ST build: Bracers + ring (bloodlet)

I don't have the belt, so I use the other two specs. I do all my M+ in the bloodlet build for the strong cleave.

For raiding: I switch between the last two specs depending on the boss. Judging which one is better is not as easy as it looks, as a lot depends on the length of the fight.

The shoulders build is best if you can get an extra meta + cb + nem in and the fight ends just after this meta. It's all about getting that 2 minute meta CD so you can line it up with CB and Nemesis. The shoulders have allowed you to use 2 meta's instead of 1 that DH's in other specs get. This can be very powerful on fights like Krosus. However, a big drawback of this build is that I find you really need 2 relics in addition to the 4 points in meta CD reduce trait for it reliably bring your meta down to 2 minutes without using convergence of fates. I got lucky, recently and have 2 910 meta relics. This allowed me to score very good logs for a lot of bosses in heroic, as well as Krosus in Mythic. However, this also means that you sometimes have to gimp your other specs. The bloodlet or belt specs would be better with 3x glaive throw/chaos blade relics. I don't have that option (yet) so I'm okay with it, but having to rely on relics is super annoying. Note: Mythic Tichondrius is good for the shoulders: you can line up your CDs with the post-batface 30% damage buff for great burst.

The bloodlet build is obviously good for fights with lots of cleave. It can be strong on more ST-oriented fights too, however, I use a mouseover glaive throw button so that I can throw glaives at adds which then bounce onto the boss, doing +50% damage for each add it bounced over. This can be pretty satisfying and fun. A good example is Spellblade: on mythic, an add spawns that doesn't have to be killed. Periodically it gets close to the boss, you can use this to bounce your glaive from the add to the boss, increasing your glaive damage dramatically. Likewise, sometimes you get lucky on Krosus and can bounce glaives off adds that spawn in the front. If these oppertunities are regular, it becomes better than the full ST builds, even for very ST-oriented fights. I also think that skill-element of glaive bouncing is just fun to do.

I would like to have the belt for fights like mythic Botanist and Elisande. In these fights you have 3 oppertunities to use the 30% damage effect which can be huge. But once again, it depends highly on the dps of your raid if you can burst during these windows.

The trinkets I use for all builds are nightbane chest + eye of command + Majordomo's dinner bell. Very strong, wrote a post about it in the other thread.

That's my 2 cents.

I literally only have the Cleave legendaries (Boots, Helm, and Bracers) I run the bracer + boots (Not helm due to losing 4 set if I do, I use pyrdaz on Heroic Skorp only if we are cheesing the boss, we don't cheese on mythic Skor), hoping to get kil'jadens trinket or the ring, as I would swap that in for the boots for all fights. I perform pretty well on ST boss fight logs considering I don't have the ST legendaries.

So at least for me, I feel like bloodlet build is viable on all fights unless you really really want to min / max 90%+ logs on mythic SINGLE TARGET encounters, then I would say the ring + belt (I disagree with delusions + meta relics since swapping relics isn't really sustainable..) are your best bets

In my perfect world (Once I have more then 3 legendaries after 35 days played at max level!!!!) , this would be my setup,

ST Fights : Ring + Belt (If I have GOOD trinkets, which I don't) or Kiljeadans
    Cleave Fights : 2-3 adds, looking specifically at botanist: Bracers + Ring
    Heavy Aoe : Bracers + Helm
    Last edited by MattyDH; 2017-04-20 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    Blocky? You have a build w/ 2, 2min cooldowns, and 1 3min~ CD, what is "blocky" about having all 3 lined up-
    Clunky, sure. If they were lined up perfectly for every fight (2 min meta, lined up with 2 min chaos blades/nem), i'd be ok with the 2 min meta build. Often that's not the case. Often Meta is either off cooldown before, or after, Nemesis for me. The best boss fight to give this example would be Elisande. Our core group has 4 DHs currently, and so the competition with relics + being even-more limited by relic upgrade options by maintaining the 2 min meta just feels bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hardpimping View Post
    That's my 2 cents.
    Thanks, I appreciated your insight. It's aligned with my view of the class, and like seeing what others prefer and why.

For example, I didn't think about throw glaive bouncing between Krosus + adds, or mythic spellblade + adds. I grabbed an 885 Eye of Command recently, and have the chest rotting away in my bank. I'm gonna explore playing with that a bit to see if i should pursue a warforged/titanforged chest.
    Last edited by NMX-; 2017-04-21 at 06:12 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    Clunky, sure. If they were lined up perfectly for every fight (2 min meta, lined up with 2 min chaos blades/nem), i'd be ok with the 2 min meta build. Often that's not the case. Often Meta is either off cooldown before, or after, Nemesis for me. The best boss fight to give this example would be Elisande. Our core group has 4 DHs currently, and so the competition with relics + being even-more limited by relic upgrade options by maintaining the 2 min meta just feels bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, I appreciated your insight. It's aligned with my view of the class, and like seeing what others prefer and why.

For example, I didn't think about throw glaive bouncing between Krosus + adds, or mythic spellblade + adds. I grabbed an 885 Eye of Command recently, and have the chest rotting away in my bank. I'm gonna explore playing with that a bit to see if i should pursue a warforged/titanforged chest.
    Just sim it. I was very surprised to see that the 875 kara chest + EoC was better than 905 chest + EoC by a margin. Once you get a dinnerbell, it's even betterer. My 885 dinnerbell sims 30k dps higher for me than my 900 EoC, so counterintuïtively, its better than EoC. The stamina you get from it is underrated too, it's saved my ass in progress raiding a lot of times. Keep in mind, you have to be in vengeance loot spec to get it to drop. If you're from EU, this week is a good week to farm it.

If you run dinner bell and Nightbane chest, it's not dinner bell vs EOC, you just run both

The stamina you get from it is underrated too
    Yup, it can be good for progress, but it's the 8k+ mastery that are awesome, and are worth 2500 stamina instead of agi^^

I run ring/shoulders + CoF for 90% of fights, but that's only because I still don't have a belt. You're probably going to run ring/belt most of the time if you have your pick of anything, or belt+trinket, ring+trinket depending on fight.

If you have the helm youll probably use that and go Demonic for Scorp.

If you have the bracers, there are a few fights where it may be beneficial to use those instead. If you really needed to pick a "two that are best most of the time" set, I'd stick with belt/ring.