Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

I just can't get into these netflix shows

Hey.

I've seen both Luke cage and Iron fist now, Even tho i like Marvel and super heroes in general, It's just something about these shows that feels weird.

I guess i enjoy the "Villain of the week" Type concept more, Since i very much enjoy all of the CW shows.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey.

I've seen both Luke cage and Iron fist now, Even tho i like Marvel and super heroes in general, It's just something about these shows that feels weird.

I guess i enjoy the "Villain of the week" Type concept more, Since i very much enjoy all of the CW shows.
    To me on my opinion,

Netflix is just churning out more shit shows than they can keep an audience with just to try find that one show that is a hit.

they still havent found itm and when they find that one good show they only do one season and move onto the next shit show to show off.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I found Luke Cage great, I love Daredevil, Stranger Things was pretty great as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    just to try find that one show that is a hit.

they still havent found itm
    Critical and fan reaction to Daredevil and Stranger Things sure say otherwise. DD has had 2 seasons, with a 3rd coming. Stranger Things has another season on the way as well.

Plus, while I agree that Iron Fist was weak and Jessica Jones did not hook me, they aren't any weaker than shit shows like those "villain of the week" shows on the CW either.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, you've watche the two worst ones... Check out Daredevil, it's easily the best of the Netflix shows.

If you're not restricting yourself to MarvelFlix shows, check out Stranger Things, The OA, Orphan Black and Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency. All solid Netflix Originals.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

It's really hit and miss with me, some of the really highly rated shows I don't like for some reason. I thought Jessica Jones was ok, The Crown started off awesome and within a couple episodes completely lost me, Stranger Things was just too cliche. But others I absolutely love, like Narcos, Medici: Masters of Florence, Daredevil and even Frontier was pretty entertaining.

It does feel like they're churning out an insane amount of shows lately though.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    To be fair, you've watche the two worst ones... Check out Daredevil, it's easily the best of the Netflix shows.

If you're not restricting yourself to MarvelFlix shows, check out Stranger Things, The OA, Orphan Black and Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency. All solid Netflix Originals.

Orphan Black is not a Netflix Original. Orphan Black is a Space (Canada) show that airs on the BBC. Dirk Gently is a little wierd. It's a BBC America show but Wikipedia also has it as a Netflix international original.

To me on my opinion,

Netflix is just churning out more shit shows than they can keep an audience with just to try find that one show that is a hit.

they still havent found itm and when they find that one good show they only do one season and move onto the next shit show to show off.
    You mean House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, Narcos, Stranger Things, & 13 Reasons Why aren't hit shows?

I don't watch all their stuff but the only company that can compete with Netflix in producing their own shows atm is HBO. Which says a lot about Netflix since they've only been doing this for a couple of years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Orphan Black is not a Netflix Original. Orphan Black is a Space (Canada) show that airs on the BBC. Dirk Gently is a little wierd. It's a BBC America show but Wikipedia also has it as a Netflix international original.
    I knew someone would call me on OB . I was under the impression that season 1,2,3 were made by Space, but season 4 and 5 were Netflix Original?

Dirk Gently is wierd full stop. Everything about it is odd, so who can tell WTF is going on. All I know is when I watched it, it said Netflix Original and it was freakin awesome.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

I knew someone would call me on OB . I was under the impression that season 1,2,3 were made by Space, but season 4 and 5 were Netflix Original?
    Something to do with Netflix having broadcasting rights in certain countries they can call it a Netflix Original, or something. Example, BCS is most definitely not a Netflix Original but they list it as such here in the UK. I'm not entirely certain on the ins and outs though.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThanksForTheMemories View Post
    Something to do with Netflix having broadcasting rights in certain countries they can call it a Netflix Original, or something. Example, BCS is most definitely not a Netflix Original but they list it as such here in the UK. I'm not entirely certain on the ins and outs though.
    Ah ok. So it's listed as a Netflix Original here in Blighty, but only because Netflix has the broadcast rights, they've not actually had a hand in making it?

Ah ok. So it's listed as a Netflix Original here in Blighty, but only because Netflix has the broadcast rights, they've not actually had a hand in making it?
    Yeah I think that's right.

"Netflix's original productions also include continuations of previously canceled series from other channels, as well as licensing or co-producing content from international broadcasters for exclusive broadcast in other territories, which is also branded in those regions as Netflix original content. Netflix previously produced content through Red Envelope Entertainment."

Pulled from wikipedia.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah okay, that makes sense then.

Still, even though it's not technically a Netflix show, if you get the chance check out Orphan Black, it's INSANELY good.

Hey.

Try shows that don't suck would help. Like Stranger Things, Narcos, Dare Devil, Jessica Jones.

If you want a good Choreographed fighting show, Into The Badlands is great.

Deleted
    The only netflix show ive found watchable was Stranger Things, the rest i just cannot get into either

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Critical and fan reaction to Daredevil and Stranger Things sure say otherwise. DD has had 2 seasons, with a 3rd coming. Stranger Things has another season on the way as well.

Plus, while I agree that Iron Fist was weak and Jessica Jones did not hook me, they aren't any weaker than shit shows like those "villain of the week" shows on the CW either.
    i guess you missed the point i was making? that Netflix is churning out more shit then they should, they should foxus on the shit people are actually enjoying watching.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    You mean House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, Narcos, Stranger Things, & 13 Reasons Why aren't hit shows?

I don't watch all their stuff but the only company that can compete with Netflix in producing their own shows atm is HBO. Which says a lot about Netflix since they've only been doing this for a couple of years.
    yay you listed 5 tv shows out of the 50 or so they have.

see my point? they have more shows than they keep an audience for.

my point was they should be spending more Focus on the shows people are actually wthcing then churning out more and more shit.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

my point was they should be spending more Focus on the shows people are actually wthcing then churning out more and more shit.
    I can make a list of 20 Netflix shows that are close to great yet I doubt it will change your opinion about them. Of course all their shows arent hits, some can even be considered bad, but same goes for every damn TV production company out there.

i guess you missed the point i was making? that Netflix is churning out more shit then they should, they should foxus on the shit people are actually enjoying watching.

- - - Updated - - -

You realize they aren't stopping the shows people are watching in order to make new ones, right? They're doing what literally every fucking TV network in history has done-present a variety of shows, continue the popular ones, and cancel the ones that aren't as popular. How exactly are they supposed to "focus more" on the popular shows, put out 2 seasons of House of Cards in 1 year rather than one season, like every other show in history?

Luke cage suffered from being too long, while Ironfist was just.....bad. As others have said, I'd try a Daredevil. It's the best out of all of them in terms of super heroes imo.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Netflix has to dole out its Marvel shows weekly like a network show. I think all the shows are fine, but when you blast through them in 2 days they all start to drag in the middle. Like almost every show in TV does, except people are trying to hold on that first episode feeling eight hours later when they setting up the end of season.

Just as a aside I've been watching Iron Fist over a period of weeks, rather then hours and I don't think it is bad. Where as when I blasted though Luke Cage I got pretty bored with it near the middle.