Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    I thought conspiracy theories weren't allowed on this forum?
    Uh, you're the one claiming Nazis don't exist. Not me.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Uh, you're the one claiming Nazis don't exist. Not me.
    You're the one claiming there is a large amount of Nazis going around killing people.

You're the one claiming there is a large amount of Nazis going around killing people.
    Treatening to, yes. I even posted pictures of them.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    So hear me out.

Regardless of where we're at, we're probably appalled at the amount of political violence and tensions in the public view these days.

I might vehemently disagree with people and engage in a little shit-talk, but I don't wish ill will towards anyone and hope for nothing but the best for people. So it saddens me to see pro-Trump and anti-Trump protestors alike getting physically hurt.

So how do we turn it back a bit? There's clearly large segments of our population that are determined to disrupt and fuck with their opposition. We can't possibly do anything lawfully to address this without getting into some gray areas regarding the first amendment.

If only there were a physical activity that could channel that determination and resolve into something fun and loving..oh wait, there totally is.

Waterfights!

Trade in your fists and yard sticks for water balloons and super soakers. There should be public water fights between Pro-Trump and Anti-Trump groups.

Why this is a great idea:

1. It's hot in these areas. Time to cool down a bit, literally.
    2. Also figuratively, what better way to fuck with your opposition than to do so in a harmless way? Hit that Neo-nazi in the face with a water balloon, that'll show em.

At the end of the day, a little fun might be what's needed to humble people during these divisive, uncertain times. We're all people. Why not have a little harmless fun AND accomplish your goal at the same time?

Just don't piss in the your waterguns or nothing.
    Best way to deal with those who are physically hurting others in protests is to arrest them and lock their asses up in a work house for 30 days. They do it the second time, you send them on a chaingang picking up trash and cutting weeds on the highways for 6 months.

What makes you say that? These riots weren't happening until the neo-Nazis came out from under the woodwork. If this were truly a slippery slope, we'd have been there years ago.

Problem is public opinion is increasingly in support of fascism.

Except that my life is literally on the line here.

That didn't work in the 30's, what makes you believe it will work now?
    Your life isn't "literally" on the line. You are in a free country under the principles of democracy. To get some help I recommend you call this help line to get a little support when you get scared again. If it doesn't work and you are still afraid, see a counselor.
    CALL: 800-852-8336

10+ Year Old Account
    So hear me out.

Regardless of where we're at, we're probably appalled at the amount of political violence and tensions in the public view these days.

I might vehemently disagree with people and engage in a little shit-talk, but I don't wish ill will towards anyone and hope for nothing but the best for people. So it saddens me to see pro-Trump and anti-Trump protestors alike getting physically hurt.

So how do we turn it back a bit? There's clearly large segments of our population that are determined to disrupt and fuck with their opposition. We can't possibly do anything lawfully to address this without getting into some gray areas regarding the first amendment.

If only there were a physical activity that could channel that determination and resolve into something fun and loving..oh wait, there totally is.

Waterfights!

Trade in your fists and yard sticks for water balloons and super soakers. There should be public water fights between Pro-Trump and Anti-Trump groups.

2. Also figuratively, what better way to fuck with your opposition than to do so in a harmless way? Hit that Neo-nazi in the face with a water balloon, that'll show em.

At the end of the day, a little fun might be what's needed to humble people during these divisive, uncertain times. We're all people. Why not have a little harmless fun AND accomplish your goal at the same time?

Just fill those waterguns and water balloons with pepsi instead.

Seriously, though, this shit is blown way out of proportion.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I live in a Stand Your Ground state. So no, it's not illegal.

I'm not going to let people be slaughtered for the sake of my pride. That would actually be virtue signaling.

Stand Your Ground / Castle Doctrine isn't a defense for rioting and other forms of violence which you are talking about, it only applies when you are attacked which is NOT what this thread nor your responses to it are about.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    Stand Your Ground / Castle Doctrine isn't a defense for rioting and other forms of violence which you are talking about, it only applies when you are attacked which is NOT what this thread nor your responses to it are about.
    Stand your Ground absolutely is a legal self defense stance if you are anywhere you are lawfully allowed to be and are attacked by someone trying to physical harm you in a manner you are fearful for your life. That could be walking down the street past a group of protesters when some turn violent.

But the catcher is, the state in which this happens, has to have a Stand your Ground Law. In Ohio if we are out in the public and are threaten, we have a duty to retreat if there is a reasonable escape available before we can legally use deadly force to defend ourselves.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2017-04-17 at 03:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Stand your Ground absolutely is a legal self defense stance if you are anywhere you are lawfully allowed to be and are attacked by someone trying to physical harm you in a manner you are fearful for your life. That could be walking down the street past a group of protesters when some turn violent.

But the catcher is, the state in which this happens, has to have a Stand your Ground Law. In Ohio if we are out in the public and are threaten, we have a duty to retreat if there is a reasonable escape available before we can legally use deadly force to defend ourselves.

Which is what I said, when I said it applies if you are attacked but not when you riot or cause violence.
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."

Your life isn't "literally" on the line. You are in a free country under the principles of democracy.
    Let me fix that up for you.

It can never happen here.
    There you go.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is what I said, when I said it applies if you are attacked but not when you riot or cause violence.
    No, Stand Your Ground applies if you are threatened. They don't have to actually physically attack you.

I don't think the people in Berkeley would be loading anything with water. Not with their attitude and how they do things.

No, Stand Your Ground applies if you are threatened. They don't have to actually physically attack you.
    How ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh. I see what you mean now. Sorry for the misunderstanding. You are right, just because you are out causing destruction ( behaving in a unlawful way ) and threatening others, does not give you the right to defend yourself using the Stand your Ground Law. If it did, that would be a bit like, a thug who breaks into a home and shoots the homeowner who first shot at him, would be found innocent of the death of the home owner based on self defense. lol. Not going to fly in a court of law.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rox the sox View Post
    How ridiculous.
    I do not think he is saying a simple threat gives you the right to shoot someone under the Stand your Ground Laws. But it means, you do not have to retreat if you are in a place you would be lawfully allowed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do not think he is saying a simple threat gives you the right to shoot someone under the Stand your Ground Laws.
    That's what he's saying though.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what he's saying though.
    Not how I read it. Even with Stand your Ground Law, there has to be a reason you felt fear for your life by a threat. In other words, more than a person saying, " I am going to kill you sucker! " when the one saying it does not make any threatening movements to do it. Showing a knife and walking toward you would be one sign. George Zimmerman would have been found guilty of murder if he had stood his ground and shot Trevon if he simply walked toward him and was mouthy. The actual attack on Zimmerman gave him the right to stand his ground and shoot him.

Let me fix that up for you.

There you go.

- - - Updated - - -

But the burden of proof is still on you to prove the threat was legit. But still doesn't apply if you are engaged in illegal activity of any kind.

Edit: In the context of this thread, and your comments, if you're part of a group going down the street rioting and a store owner comes out with a bat SYG goes to him, not you.

If however you are walking down the sidewalk by yourself, minding your own business and somebody jumps out of an alley with their hand in their pocket demanding your wallet or else, then SYG goes to you.
    Last edited by alexkeren; 2017-04-20 at 03:05 AM.

Why should I be required to debate my right to live?

I don't think people here really understand what's happening (or don't want to believe it's happening). There are actual out-and-out neo-Nazis trying to get hold of the reins of power and enact a purge of "undesirables". As one of their targets, I am under no obligation to tolerate that shit.
    If everyone got flustered about fringe groups we'd all be in the streets flipping out. My advice, realize its a super small minority who remains a super small minority because the public at large find their views disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Taneras View Post
    If everyone got flustered about fringe groups we'd all be in the streets flipping out. My advice, realize its a super small minority who remains a super small minority because the public at large find their views disgusting.
    Again, they have people in the White House. This isn't 2015 anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

How ridiculous.
    Hey, I never said I agree with it. But I AM willing to use it if need be.

- - - Updated - - -

But the burden of proof is still on you to prove the threat was legit. But still doesn't apply if you are engaged in illegal activity of any kind.
    So I have to prove that Nazis are a threat to me? That should be easy enough.

Edit: In the context of this thread, and your comments, if you're part of a group going down the street rioting and a store owner comes out with a bat SYG goes to him, not you.

If however you are walking down the sidewalk by yourself, minding your own business and somebody jumps out of an alley with their hand in their pocket demanding your wallet or else, then SYG goes to you.
    Who said anything about store owners? We're talking about Nazis here.

So hear me out.

Waterfights!

I think the snowflakes would sue you for shooting them with water, at a minimum. They would probably just riot harder.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, they have people in the White House. This isn't 2015 anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, I never said I agree with it. But I AM willing to use it if need be.

- - - Updated - - -

So I have to prove that Nazis are a threat to me? That should be easy enough.

Who said anything about store owners? We're talking about Nazis here.
    Oh please. Are you saying there weren't any fringe views in Obama's White House? Or is only worrisome if they are right leaning fringe people? Because, Van Jones says hai....

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Oh please. Are you saying there weren't any fringe views in Obama's White House? Or is only worrisome if they are right leaning fringe people? Because, Van Jones says hai....
    Fringe? Can't say for sure. Genocidal? Probably not.