Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only if there are two skinners in the same area.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Get Loot-A-Rang, done.
    Without the use of an item, though my mind was thinking more of a loot radius and said range because... Game Dev XD

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I was thinking about this and wondered if it would be a good addition to WoW if there was an option to automatically receive loot from mobs without clicking?

Now I know people will immediately scream LAZY but hear me out, in FFXIV they use this system and I personally think it is great! I usually ignore most loot because I am either rushing to avoid aggro or just plain forget... Keep in mind I am suggesting this as an option not a replacement
    As a tank i would LOVE this option, because i chain pull and if i stop to loot after each pull DPS will pull instead.

I'd love if it auto looted for you. I'm all the time accidentally trying to loot stuff while moving around in combat.

davidbane123
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    As silly as this may sound, clicking for loot is a core RPG element.

It simply cannot be removed or changed. It's a fundamental interaction that needs to stay the way it is.
    Oh really? Please explain...

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Yes please. I would like to have that.

Anyway - aren't the items we don't loot being sent to us by the postmaster?
    They were in Draenor at the start then everyone cried about their mailboxes being filled with greys. I personally liked it for those I did miss.

7+ Year Old Account
    Gnome + Engineer = Loot-A-Rang. No more clicking bodies. Seems like loot without even clicking ONE button is quite the lazy task. Perhaps you would also enjoy a bot to fly you out to the zone, and kill things for you as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm honestly indifferent. I don't mind clicking to loot with AoE looting. I just wish AoE looting, if anything, had a wider range.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Not really, if it was a full automated loot system where you didn't have to loot/press anything, it would benefit botting more than players.
    People made this same argument with group looting, and that's worked out just fine so far. It doesn't matter to a bot whether it has to stop to loot or not, it's a bot, it's going to bot no matter what. It's not like botting is even a major problem in wow anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    private servers are not ran by the game makers hence it is pointless so no, wow adds features, which is different from changing how the game is
    no one should be fine with inexperienced persons wanting to change the game because it can lead to the disappearance of the good in the game and the plain game when masses gets stupid ideas that they don't want to let go. let the dev do their work and don't make them adapt to a market that doesn't know what a video game is, instead adapt to what they do
    You keep saying this despite said feature already exciting in numerous MMORPGs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
    Gnome + Engineer = Loot-A-Rang. No more clicking bodies. Seems like loot without even clicking ONE button is quite the lazy task. Perhaps you would also enjoy a bot to fly you out to the zone, and kill things for you as well?
    No but you're obviously being obtuse

Auto loot and auto kill are so vastly different that you shouldn't need it explaining

I would like it... I play a beast mastery hunter and I have a bodyguard follower who also has a pet. So there's always at least 3 pets plus my follower standing on and around any corpse I may want to click and loot which makes it almost impossible.

The only thing that stops me going insane is that hunters have an ability called "Fetch" which sends your pet to loot for you... I use it even when i'm standing within melee range of a corpse because it's easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Yes please. I would like to have that.

Anyway - aren't the items we don't loot being sent to us by the postmaster?
    Not all, only a few items now. Such as boss drops you miss.

If you kill a rare on Broken Shore, and forget to loot. None of that loot is coming in the mail.

All because people had a huge cry about getting greys in their mail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    People made this same argument with group looting, and that's worked out just fine so far. It doesn't matter to a bot whether it has to stop to loot or not, it's a bot, it's going to bot no matter what. It's not like botting is even a major problem in wow anymore.
    Not really the same. Looting + AoE vs. Kill and run, no. Game shouldn't be made too lazy, nor supporting of botting.

And not like botting is a major problem? The fact we have to have ban waves yearly, multiple times, is showing that we do have a problem.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Looting from multiple mobs is easier than it has ever been.
    There doesn't in my opinion need to be further simplifications to looting in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    You keep saying this despite said feature already exciting in numerous MMORPGs

- - - Updated - - -

Auto loot and auto kill are so vastly different that you shouldn't need it explaining
    I don't see how any other mmo have to do with wow

7+ Year Old Account

I find that people who are generally too lazy to loot are usually too lazy to play, and end up using any excuse to have things handed to them. We've already eliminated 70% of the tedium in the game. You can now fish without a pole and make a fire without reagents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    I don't see how any other mmo have to do with wow
    Well Blizzard disagree

Blizzard play other MMOs and adopt successful features from them into WoW... It's been happening since TBC

Love loot-a-rang for this reason. Great reason to be an engineer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
    I find that people who are generally too lazy to loot are usually too lazy to play, and end up using any excuse to have things handed to them. We've already eliminated 70% of the tedium in the game. You can now fish without a pole and make a fire without reagents.
    You like tedium? You seem opposed to eliminating tedium

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Blizzard disagree

Blizzard play other MMOs and adopt successful features from them into WoW... It's been happening since TBC
    no it is not applicable, wow is wow, the game makers get influences and the game is a result of the existence of everquest but they are the creators and the final result is a result of their work and approval of ideas, not a result of players ideas or other games