Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't think half-elves are inherently bad. Bad writing is inherently bad, and YA novel style character crutches are bad writing. The problem isn't the half-elves, it's that blizzard employs hack writers.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

While I like Nathanos X Sylvanas, Sylvanas doesn't seem like a straight woman. I always assumed she was asexual or a lesbian.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Ok, ok, I take it back, he's not an underdog, at least not achievement-wise.

What bugs me most about Vereesa (and that's saying a lot) is her self-proclaimed title of Ranger-General. It's like she's spitting in the face of the millenia of actual Ranger-Generals who earned that title, the entitled little bitch.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by CthulhuFhtagn View Post
    Ok, ok, I take it back, he's not an underdog, at least not achievement-wise.

What bugs me most about Vereesa (and that's saying a lot) is her self-proclaimed title of Ranger General. It's like she's spitting in the face of the millenia of actual Ranger Generals who earned that title, the entitled little bitch.
    Its like one of those pictures that hurts the more you look at it, but its a character and it was named Vereesa.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Its like one of those pictures that hurts the more you look at it, but its a character and it was named Vereesa.
    I almost forgot that her and the Silver Covenant are now members of the Unseen Path, Azeroth's most elite hunters, put on the same level of skill as the Sentinels and Farstriders. /blergh

10+ Year Old Account
    I almost forgot that her and the Silver Covenant are now members of the Unseen Path, Azeroth's most elite hunters, put on the same level of skill as the Sentinels and Farstriders. /blergh
    For a "ranger" who never completed her training nor showed any type of skill at anything other than falling into Rhonin's bed, she sure does manage to get into positions of power she shouldn't have.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Maybe it has been answered already but what is the difference between Nathanos new body and that of a Death Knight? DK's seem very solid, flesh wise, have they also gone through that ritual? If so, you'd require two dead per "proper" undead, the person brought back and someone contributing with a new body. If not, what makes DK's different?

For me, Sylvanas uses cold logic when leading the Forsaken. In the story it's hinted that she still feel love, compassion and such. This kinda pains me, people can fall in love with Sylvanas but Sylvanas never fall in love. While the story was interesting, the above made it less enjoyable.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    Maybe it has been answered already but what is the difference between Nathanos new body and that of a Death Knight? DK's seem very solid, flesh wise, have they also gone through that ritual? If so, you'd require two dead per "proper" undead, the person brought back and someone contributing with a new body. If not, what makes DK's different?

For me, Sylvanas uses cold logic when leading the Forsaken. In the story it's hinted that she still feel love, compassion and such. This kinda pains me, people can fall in love with Sylvanas but Sylvanas never fall in love. While the story was interesting, the above made it less enjoyable.
    The DKS were made to be super soilders to the point where the unholy energy kept their hearts pumping so I assume its different.
    Holy shit lol

DKs were raised by the Lich King himself, so there was no need to undergo any ritual as they never decomposed as Nathanos did. As Nathanos is one of a kind, we don't really know what's the difference between him and DKs.

My assumption is that the ritual is meant to immitate the Lich King's reanimation of DKs. We've seen the Val'kyr raise Forsaken en masse without breaking a sweat, but this obviously requires all of their power to pull off. The sacrifice is presumably to make up for the flesh that's already decomposed.

DKs were raised by the Lich King himself, so there was no need to undergo any ritual as they never decomposed as Nathanos did. As Nathanos is one of a kind, we don't really know what's the difference between him and DKs.

My assumption is that the ritual is meant to immitate the Lich King's reanimation of DKs. We've seen the Val'kyr raise Forsaken en masse without breaking a sweat, but this obviously requires all of their power to pull off. The sacrifice is presumably to make up for the flesh that's already decomposed.
    Right, but what about new DKs or are they all from the Lich King era? I mean, if I make a DK today, will my story still begin back when LK was canon?
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Right, but what about new DKs or are they all from the Lich King era? I mean, if I make a DK today, will my story still begin back when LK was canon?
    If you create a character now, then that character's story starts with the assault on the Scarlet Enclave and the failed assault on Light's Hope. All DK characters are bound to the period when the Lich King commanded the Scourge through the Eastern Plaguelands in order to plow through the Argent Dawn's bastion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium

From what I can tell, Nathanos basically got the partial Death Knight treatment insofar as his undead form was bolstered and rejuvenated (and likely made stronger than his original human form), but he wasn't bound to the three power sources of Death Knight abilities: Blood, Frost, and the Unholy. He also, in turn, likely doesn't have a Death Knight's pathological addiction to the infliction of pain and suffering on the living although with Nathanos' existing personality and sadism you couldn't tell much of a difference.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    For the Alliance, yes. The humans loved him. But it looks like within his own power structure, the Farstriders, he was ostracized even though he had far greater skill than many elves ages older than him.
    Well sure but that was inevitable. The mere fact that they even accepted him among their ranks is a miracle itself. But Nathanos remains a human and among his people, like Turalyon and Rhonin, was nothing lesser than a hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

I didnt finish reading all the comments so maybe someone else thought what I thought but this is my take on it. Nathanos and slyvanas totally did the nasty in life and were a thing (secretly..kinda). But as undead he was convinced that none of that shit from being alive mattered, they were unfeeling, cold, heartless undead and were basically different people. The only thing that was the same was she was his leader and he did what she said. So when his cousin died it didnt matter cuz he was incapable of emotion like sylvanas. But when that dark ranger chick implyed that sylvy still had it for him like when they were alive it angered him cuz you know "nu uh! We're dead and none of that shit matters anymore! ....right?" Thats why he felt regret. He saw the armor and thought of his cousin and realized that if sylvanas of all people still had these feelings in undeath so does he, and they're just lying to themselves. But thats just my thougjts on it. I could be wrong...

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarisus View Post
    I didnt finish reading all the comments so maybe someone else thought what I thought but this is my take on it. Nathanos and slyvanas totally did the nasty in life and were a thing (secretly..kinda). But as undead he was convinced that none of that shit from being alive mattered, they were unfeeling, cold, heartless undead and were basically different people. The only thing that was the same was she was his leader and he did what she said. So when his cousin died it didnt matter cuz he was incapable of emotion like sylvanas. But when that dark ranger chick implyed that sylvy still had it for him like when they were alive it angered him cuz you know "nu uh! We're dead and none of that shit matters anymore! ....right?" Thats why he felt regret. He saw the armor and thought of his cousin and realized that if sylvanas of all people still had these feelings in undeath so does he, and they're just lying to themselves. But thats just my thougjts on it. I could be wrong...
    Eh, you could be onto something. A bit cringy tbh but that's not your fault *points at Blizzard*
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Lol with rhonin's kids its gonna be Warcraft the next generation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    not when they are written by blizzard, thankfully Sylvanas died before she had half elves so its not as bad.

Edit: This pretty much confirms That if Sylvanas dies, Nathanos isn't going to stick around
    why do you hate half breeds?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diannak View Post
    why do you hate half breeds?
    Because they are a cancer in fantasy writing.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Half elves deserve nothing but scorn, considering the mess they usually bring to fantasy. Tolkien had half elves, but those were not some super special hybrid people, they simply got to choose, whom they wanted to be part of.

Rhonins spawn is a perfect example of a giant mess in the making, just because they are half elves.
    why? no seriously why do they bring mess? should the naga be considered a scorn as well for been half elves half abominations, or illidan for been half demon, or rexxar just because you didnt like one character? ONE half breed that turn out MS and you paint all of them with the same color

- - - Updated - - -

Because they are a cancer in fantasy writing.
    your reason is idiotic, just say you dont like when two people from different races love each other and their love produce a child as usual, which is racist (i know this word doesnt mean much now days but seriously when you hate someone that is born different but also the same as you it is kind of racist) do you know that this is a rule of nature we have seen it in our world in our history. Once upon a time a homosapien and a neanderthal found each other and decided to try make babies, so more homosapiens were born and the neanderthals were no more. In a world were more than 10 different races exist it will be fucking impossible not to have little half breed homosapiens running around and the number of neanderthals slowly reducing until they cease to exist

Quote Originally Posted by Diannak View Post
    your reason is idiotic, just say you dont like when two people from different races love each other and their love produce a child as usual, which is racist (i know this word doesnt mean much now days but seriously when you hate someone that is born different but also the same as you it is kind of racist) do you know that this is a rule of nature we have seen it in our world in our history. Once upon a time a homosapien and a neanderthal found each other and decided to try make babies, so more homosapiens were born and the neanderthals were no more. In a world were more than 10 different races exist it will be fucking impossible not to have little half breed homosapiens running around and the number of neanderthals slowly reducing until they cease to exist
    Oh please stop it. This is not about real-life humans, this is about fantasy. I despise half-elves as much as many others. Doesn't mean that this is true for real life.
    Fact is, it's fucking retarded writing to have not only so many instances of this horribly overused trope, but have it fucking THREE times in ONE family.