Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Weird, even at my heaviest no one ever dared to shame me to my face. I don't think anyone had the balls to. Is this more common for overweight women? Then again, I didn't get as big as this lady got. I'm tall and have a pretty wide build, so even at my heaviest I didn't have folds or curtain-chins.

This could just be drama cooked up by an activist, but on the off-chance the driver did harass her, that's an asshole thing to do.
    Dunno, but when I was in law school our touch-as-nails paralegal who was twice my age came into my office wiping away tears because one of the partners had said something really shitty to her about her weight. I can't remember what he said exactly but it I remember it was pretty bad, also completely irrelevant to her job function.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    He's a bit heavy. She's disgustingly obese and people glorify her as some model goddess. She will probably die of a heart problem. He can talk about any topic he wants and if the article is correct that all he said is "are you not concerned about your cholesterol" I really don't think that's shaming. He's barely overweight.
    Uh he's certainly not "barely overweight" and is clearly well into the obese range. Honestly it's irrelevant to the story but I think people are so used to seeing overweight and obese people that they don't know what obesity looks like anymore unless the person is in the "grossly obese" category.

There's + sized models, then there are women like that that have no business being models. She is the latter. Probably a follower of that stupid TLC show "My Big Fat Fabulous Life" which purports that being fat is healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Dunno, but when I was in law school our touch-as-nails paralegal who was twice my age came into my office wiping away tears because one of the partners had said something really shitty to her about her weight. I can't remember what he said exactly but it I remember it was pretty bad, also completely irrelevant to her job function.
    That's a douche-bag thing to do. But I don't think lawyers get their negative rap for no reason. The handful I dealt with were big enough assholes that it was a large reason why I dropped out of law school. Didn't want to be around people like that all the time.

Uber can be a kind of scary thing. you never know who's gonna pick you up.

Fat shaming, is a way (rude or not, doesnt matter) to tell someone, you need to lose all that weight, your health is in dire situation.

Being fat is NOT okay. Should stop that "extra" burden on your heart, or other organs....well your WHOLE body. Sure, Fat shaming is not entirely nice, but it sends a dark message that you should REALLY take heart.

You are fat, you will die alot sooner, why on earth do you want to live like that knowning your lifespan is cut by 50% or perhaps more, on some occasion you will have no trouble, but not everybody is like that.

Being fat takes a HUGE toll on your body. Being fat is NOT okay. The End.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Uh he's certainly not "barely overweight" and is clearly well into the obese range. Honestly it's irrelevant to the story but I think people are so used to seeing overweight and obese people that they don't know what obesity looks like anymore unless the person is in the "grossly obese" category.
    Looking at the pictures, they both definitely are way in the obese category. The story of obese person shaming another obese person sounds ridiculous tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    Fat shaming, is a way (rude or not, doesnt matter) to tell someone, you need to lose all that weight, your health is in dire situation.

Being fat is NOT okay. Should stop that "extra" burden on your heart, or other organs....well your WHOLE body. Sure, Fat shaming is not entirely nice, but it sends a dark message that you should REALLY take heart.

You are fat, you will die alot sooner, why on earth do you want to live like that knowning your lifespan is cut by 50% or perhaps more, on some occasion you will have no trouble, but not everybody is like that.

Being fat takes a HUGE toll on your body. Being fat is NOT okay. The End.
    Yeah, no, the sort of people who indulge in antisocial behavior like public harassment aren't doing it for the betterment of their victim. They're doing it because it validates them and they can get away with it. Many of the folks who do that shit would do it to minorities as well if they could get away with it in public rather than get their asses kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Looking at the pictures, they both definitely are way in the obese category. The story of obese person shaming another obese person sounds ridiculous tho.
    To be fair, from the picture he isn't nowhere near as bad as she is. He could benefit from losing 20kg or so as well (Hard to tell from the angle)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    To be fair, from the picture he isn't nowhere near as bad as she is. He could benefit from losing 20kg or so as well (Hard to tell from the angle)
    I'd swap 20 to 50

I mean, looking at the picture, his hands are thicker than my thighs.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2017-04-21 at 06:16 AM.

I'd swap 20 to 50
    That's still a lot less than she'd need to lose for the same effect.

I'd swap 20 to 50

I mean, looking at the picture, his hands are thicker than my thighs.
    Kilos not pounds, not sure if you saw that :P

Id say he's around ~110kg, so half his weight is a bit much. As I said, cant really tell w/o better angle + height etc.

Id say he's around ~110kg, so half his weight is a bit much. As I said, cant really tell w/o better angle + height etc.
    I can't understand how men can go under 200 lbs (90kg). I mean, I understand short or small men being under that, but with my build I don't think I could go under 200 without feeling weak and unhealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by flashfarts View Post
    Uber can be a kind of scary thing. you never know who's gonna pick you up.

I'd say she's fairly safe. No one on this earth could physically pick her up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I guess they should both go on a diet or get some exercise. Discrimination should be the last of their concerns, imminent death due to poor health conditions should be the first.

If you can't take someone calling you fat, you should really consider loosing some weight, simple as that. Not giving an absolute fuck about health conditions promoting your fat buildup, you can always go on a healthier diet and get regular exercise.

This new plus size model bullshit caters to a group of individuals that have to go on a self-pity circlejerk to justify their lack of will power to change not only a cosmetic aspect of themselves, but an actual health concern that will decrease their quality of life and expectancy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Kind of a funny article, and quite difficult to look at some of these pictures of this model, but essentially she was "fat shamed" by an Uber driver...

Do you think if a Uber driver who notices how heavy you are and mentions how you cant be a very healthy person weighing that much is crossing the line?

Article Text + Link:

http://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/201...hamed-her.html

Shes obscenely overweight and she doesn't think she is unhealthy? Come on now...
    Didn't Tess Holiday like scam people with a charity and then keep the money?

Why is it always women complaining about fat-shaming and never men? But it's ok to assert that men are fat neckbeards when you want to insult them.

All I see is a video of him asking about her cholesterol.
    Is there more somewhere else or do we just take her at her word?

I still don't get why this is a news story.

If this story is true, the driver's an asshole uber driver. Hit him with the lowest rating and move on. That will hurt him more than anything else.

And if he did say anything to her about her weight, he does deserve a bad uber rating. Sounds more like she's doing what dishonest activists do, and cooking up a situation where there was none/little.

Deleted
    In the video, the driver — who visibly has a gut of his own but whose face cannot be shown — can be heard questioning Holliday’s cholesterol levels, to which the model replies that she is perfectly healthy.
    Yeah, no, you are not healthy. Obese people aren't healthy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Fat man shames fat woman, that's shameful shit right there.
    He might have a bit of a gut, but she's enormous in comparison.

There are different levels of fat. You can be a bit overweight, it won't make you obese. Also he didn't fat-shame her. He just asked her about her cholesterol.

I did, and I think he's more like 135-150. So 50 would be doable ^^