Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Herpie View Post
    Really? So please tell me how unholy uses more abilities than frost.

Unholy:
    - Outbreak
    - Dark transformation
    - Festering strike
    - Soul reaper
    - Apocalypse
    - Scourge strike
    - Death coil

= 7 abilities

Frost:

- Howling blast
    - Remorseless winter
    - Obliterate
    - BoS
    - SF
    - FS
    - Pillar of frost
    - HRW

= 8 abilties

But please, tell me again how unholy is a 10 ability "hard to play" spec while frost is a 3 ability "easy to play" spec so you can justify getting crushed by frost dk's "bcz dey 2ez 2play 3ability spec".
    Because fucking 1 and 2 minute abilities are rotation DDDDD AND COOLDOWNS ARE ROTATION ALSO NOW.

Dear god, you are the perfect example of a butthurt player when insulted about his spec.

Oh wait, my vanilla rotation as a warrior had SO MANY BUTTONS, FUCKING RECKLESSNESS AND ITS 30MINUTE COOLDOWN RUINED MY ROTATION.

Your rotation is 1 2 3 and occasional 5 6 , where 5 and 6 can be any of the 5 abilities remaining, dont flatter yourself.

I can write a script about Frost DK rotation and i do not even know how to write one.

OH WAIT, YOU FORGET HUNGERING RUNE WEAPON IN YOUR ROTATION.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-04-21 at 10:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that escalated quickly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Because fucking 1 and 2 minute abilities are rotation DDDDD

Dear god, you are the perfect example of a butthurt player when insulted about his spec.

Oh wait, my vanilla rotation as a warrior had SO MANY BUTTONS, FUCKING RECKLESSNESS AND ITS 30MINUTE COOLDOWN RUINED MY ROTATION.
    Hahaha literally ZERO of these abilities are on a 2 minute cooldown. None. Zero. Hahahaha what the fuck are you talking about 2 minute abilities you have no fucking clue

The level of ignorance on this guy is OVER NINE THOUSAND! It's so bad it might even be OVER TEN THOUSAND!!!

Git gud or stop being salty bruh. Or stay bad and stay salty. Whichever works for you...

Hahaha literally ZERO of these abilities are on a 2 minute cooldown. None. Zero. Hahahaha what the fuck are you talking about 2 minute abilities you have no fucking clue

The level of ignorance on this guy is OVER NINE THOUSAND! It's so bad it might even be OVER TEN THOUSAND!!!

Git gud or stop being salty bruh. Or stay bad and stay salty. Whichever works for you...
    You are just sad you got called out because you think your 3 button spec with the occasional 2 extra abilities every 30 seconds is hard to play compared to the management Unholy has to do.

Just because you are bad, doesnt mean the specs are balanced in between each other.

HRW, 3 minutes, BoS 2 mins, SF, 5mins,NO ABILITIES ARE OVER 2MINS FFSFSFWSDAFASFSDFASD..

OH WAIT, NOW WE ADD PROCS TO ROTATION, LET ME GUESS, BECAUSE SF BECOMES 4MIN INSTEAD OF 5, ITS ROTATION, OR WAIT WAIT, BECAUSE BREATH LASTS A LONG TIME WITH LEGENDARIES, IT HAS A LOWER CD, OH FFS, I BETTER GIT GUD.

WHERE IS MY VANILLA RECKLESSNESS, 30 MINUTES ROTATION WAS HARD AS FUCK GUYZ.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-04-21 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    I'm thinking that Blizzard doesn't decide what you play. If YOU decide YOU want to play whichever spec is theoretically outperforming others and switch everytime something changes and that theoretical difference is above 0.1%, then that is not Blizzard forcing you to change main spec. That's YOU.
    The difference sometimes is not slight, for example fire is currently doing about 20% less dps. Blizzard's reaction is to buff slightly fire, which is still not gonna be enough. And I specifically said that if you want to perform at your best, which is something that a respectable percentage of players want, you have to go with the best spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    You are just sad you got called out because you think your 3 button spec with the occasional 2 extra abilities every 30 seconds is hard to play compared to the management Unholy has to do.

Just because you are bad, doesnt mean the specs are balanced in between each other.

HRW, 3 minutes, BoS 2 mins, SF, 5mins, NO SPECS ARE OVER 2MINS FFSFSFWSDAFASFSDFASD..

WHERE IS MY VANILLA RECKLESSNESS, 30 MINUTES ROTATION WAS HARD AS FUCK GUYZ.

3 + 2 = 5

OH MY GOD i've been using THREE to many abilities!!! I MUST REDUCE MY NUMBERS OF K-BINDZ CAUZ SUM NOLIFE ON MMOCHAMP SED TO ONLY USE 5 ABILITIEZ!

Oh and guess what. NONE OF THESE ABILITIES ARE ON A 30s COOLDOWN!!!

Dis guy's saltylevel haz broken my saltylevel meter.

I think he needs some fries with all dis salt he be putting out.

Git gut or stay salty bruh i don't care your nerdrage tears feed me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Allenseiei View Post
    They have been doing this since TBC, nothing new. Vanilla they didn-t because it was just a clusterfuck of specs.
    Before they used resistance type instances, balance changes, tier bonus changes, trinkets, boss encounter types etc.
    They do this so people play multiple specs and in WoW there is no "main" spec. You are a mage, not a fire mage. You are a warrior, not a fury warrior. You are expected to play your class not pigueon hold yourself into one spec, so I see no problems in blizzard changing specs around.
    The problem comes when there is a big difference between the specs. If, for example, Fury Warrior was 2% behind Arms and now is 2% ahead of Arms, that would be ok. The players who want to minmax would switch around, and if someone just likes one spec and prefers to stick to it, there wouldn't be much of a problem.

However, the differences are not that small, and there isn't enough tuning being done to bring them closer.

3 + 2 = 5

OH MY GOD i've been using THREE to many abilities!!! I MUST REDUCE MY NUMBERS OF K-BINDZ CAUZ SUM NOLIFE ON MMOCHAMP SED TO ONLY USE 5 ABILITIEZ!

You got boring 3 posts ago, as i said, your butthurt over getting insulted for playing easy mode is amusing, i am done

Need to install vanilla server to do my 30 minute rotation, MAN HARD STUFF.

Deleted
    3 + 2 = 5

Hahaha diz fckn nerd saiz i 4got about hungering rune weapon wile i put HRW on nr 8 HOW 2fckn 4bad can 1person GIT! OMG diz guy

I just open dickionary on "BAD" diz guy name show up 4real saiz "potis = bad"

Git Gut brah!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    And I specifically said that if you want to perform at your best, which is something that a respectable percentage of players want, you have to go with the best spec.
    Yes, but that is still YOUR choice, not Blizzard forcing you to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Blizzard could be forcing people into switching specs, but only if they nerfed some specs to the ground, which have not happend.

All current DPS specs (yes, even Survival) can progress through mythic and kill gul'dan. Therefore, unless you are an impatient player and would rather play a character you hate than a character with 10% less dmg, then you are going to be fine no matter what spec you choose.

So no, Blizzard is not forcing you to switch specs in anyway. They balance. They make stronger specs a bit weaker and make weaker specs a bit stronger. It is how the game has always worked.
    Do you believe the balancing that happened to mages is ok? Fire is bottom of all specs while it was within the top 5, while frost was pretty low, and now is within top 3.

The problem comes when there is a big difference between the specs. If, for example, Fury Warrior was 2% behind Arms and now is 2% ahead of Arms, that would be ok. The players who want to minmax would switch around, and if someone just likes one spec and prefers to stick to it, there wouldn't be much of a problem.

However, the differences are not that small, and there isn't enough tuning being done to bring them closer.
    But differences are allowed, Blizzard has been saying that for over 7 years.

They do not care if a spec is behind unless its above 10% in their own data.

I already explained above, just because some specs are broken in situations, as example Botanist HC, only Shadow Priests and their 2-2.5m DPS.

Taking that logic we should nerf Shadow Priests by 40-70% so they are in line with the rest.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-04-21 at 10:32 AM.

If you look at how the specs perform throughout Legion so far, you can see that there isn't a single class where the differences between specs were at least somewhat consistent. The problem is not that one spec is performing slightly better after changes, it is that it performs way better:

Mage: Fire was god at start, but now it's horrible, so mages are pretty much forced to change to frost.

Hunter: MM was the go-to, now it looks like BM is stronger.

Warrior: Arms at start, Fury now.

Death Knight: Unholy then Frost.

Warlock: Demo/Destro at start, Affliction now, and it seems like it will go back to Destro if nothing changes until 7.2.5 launch.

Rogue: I am not 100% sure about rogues, but I think at start Outlaw was the best, and now it's Assassination.

It's needless to say that someone should play what they want and like, but it's normal for someone to want and like to perform the best they can. So if someone wants to do that, they will have to switch specs, no matter their preference.

What are your thoughts?
    no the problem is blizzard not refining spec but doing complete overhaul every new xpack, doing so they had to start tuning from scratch and we get the usual up and down, they should stop messing around and just do small change and fine tuning.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

That's why I always play the shitter specs like MW and Disc can't ever be even more disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Allenseiei View Post
    They do this so people play multiple specs and in WoW there is no "main" spec. You are a mage, not a fire mage. You are a warrior, not a fury warrior. You are expected to play your class not pigueon hold yourself into one spec, so I see no problems in blizzard changing specs around.
    I heartily agree that is the way it should be. However, player perceptions matter. Good luck getting a group with a maligned spec.

Yup they force you to do what they want. They even force many to continue to shell out money to them after they utterly hate the game. The thread points to many in such a boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Yes, but that is still YOUR choice, not Blizzard forcing you to do anything.
    Not wanting to bring the best of yourself in a raid environment is not just about personal taste. It's about being respectful to your friends/teammates. Saying that you will be 5-10% weaker just because you like to might bring you some personal temporary joy, but ultimately you just weaken the potential of your team succeeding. You make your friends less satisfied about their raid experience, and they know that you were one of the reasons that the boss didn't die, because you didn't bring your best self.

Yes, your team might be ok with you choosing to play what you like, but under that they'll feel like you don't care about its success, thus not caring about them.

Rofl at all those people that says blizzard don't force you to do anything, you are probably all heroic raiders? what if there is a dps check (krosus mythic at release) ? you sometimes killed it as it smashed the last bridge, thats how tight of a dps check it is. If a mage were playing fire on that fight, even with bis legendaries he wouldn't carry his own weight at that point, because the single target is so bad. So if you don't want to get benched and you play on a decent level, you are pretty much forced into the best spec of your class. Maybe it's not blizzard directly forcing you, but your guild will expect it (in mythic raiding).
    EDIT:
    and that would be fine, if not for the AP and legendary system. Even though i myself can start setting lootspec to arcane/fire as i have all frost legendaries by now
    Last edited by seniorproc; 2017-04-21 at 10:59 AM.

Deleted
    Blizzard doesnt force you to do ANYTHING

7+ Year Old Account
    Do you believe the balancing that happened to mages is ok? Fire is bottom of all specs while it was within the top 5, while frost was pretty low, and now is within top 3.
    Stuff like this happends all the time. I would be worried if Frost is all of a sudden double as strong as fire, but that is not the case. So yes i think it is okay. Somebody have to be at the top and somebody has to be at the bottom, and as long as that fluxuate, then it is okay

When you play an MMO on a competative/raiding lvl, you get to know that you will never have a safe space at the top or the bottom.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.