Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Do you have any proof that people were made by God? There seems to be plenty of evidence to show that humans came from lower primates.

While you are at it, can you ask God why he (or she) seems to want to kill children with cancer?
    i'm no expert, or religious myself, but I think the whole premise is that this life sucks and you are lucky to die as a kid because you go to heaven?

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    A debate is raging in Austria after a study suggested that Islamic kindergartens in Vienna were helping to create "parallel societies" or even produce the dangerous homegrown radicals of the future.
    So pretty much the same as Christian kindergartens in the US?

What? You don't think that Christian radicalization has anything to do with the threats and violence against peaceful Jews, Muslims, Planned Parenthood, and minorities such as the LGBT community?

Here is the reality. Religious indoctrination ultimately requires the teaching of faith...and what is faith? Faith is refusing to critically think or even question what you are being taught and what is going on around you. Yes, it can be used to have people do good things, but it can (and sadly does) get used to have people do bad things.

We need to abandon religion and faith for the same reasons we have abandoned the concept of kings in advanced economies. Sure, every now and then you get lucky with an intelligent king that makes good decisions, but many times you end up with incompetence or someone that just doesn't really think at all.

Yeah, democracy isn't perfect, but when stupid decisions are made (such as electing Trump), we have ourselves to blame, and we can work to make things better (e.g. start to drive out the ignorance, racism, and hate that drove enough people to vote Trump into office). The same is true when we focus on secularism...it isn't perfect, but it is much better than faith because it allows for us to make things better rather than stuck making the same mistakes over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Azen View Post
    i'm no expert, or religious myself, but I think the whole premise is that this life sucks and you are lucky to die as a kid because you go to heaven?
    If life sucks, why even give life at all? Does that mean that life is a punishment, and that God hates all living things?

Deleted
    You can't compare the Christian schools and kindergardens with Islamic ones.

Christiniaty in Europe is weak, feeble and on it's last legs. You push it and it falls - we see it with Lutheran church, Anglican church and increasingly, with Catholic church.

Islam and Muslims do not care what you or snobbish 50 year old ''intellectuals'' think - and we see them acting that out. You give it a shove and it pushes back, fiercly.

Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    What the hell is a Christian kindergarten?
    A kindergarten run by the church or a Christian organization. Not uncommon in Europe. I went to one. Wasn't bad, but I think fair is fair. You either ban all religion or none.

Quote Originally Posted by Niibek View Post
    You can't compare the Christian schools and kindergardens with Islamic ones.

Christiniaty in Europe is weak, feeble and on it's last legs. You push it and it falls - we see it with Lutheran church, Anglican church and increasingly, with Catholic church.

Islam and Muslims do not care what you or snobbish 50 year old ''intellectuals'' think - and we see them acting that out. You give it a shove and it pushes back, fiercly.
    Then you should ban Islam.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exxxa View Post
    Look at your avatar and christian love to tell people that abortion is wrong and you might have a clue. Teaching backwards cavemen mentally have no place in these times.
    Seriously, I struggle to understand what the fuck you're talking about. I don't know what sort of shitholes you guys come from where Christian kindergarten are a thing. Whatever that is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    A kindergarten run by the church or a Christian organization. Not uncommon in Europe. I went to one. Wasn't bad, but I think fair is fair. You either ban all religion or none.
    Fair is fair my arse.

Like they do in the middleeast? im sure they allow alot of christian stuff there. Fair is fair my ass, perhaps they should ban all islamic stuff there to so it's fair to the christians still living there.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Like they do in the middleeast? im sure they allow alot of christian stuff there. Fair is fair my ass, perhaps they should ban all islamic stuff there to so it's fair to the christians still living there.
    So, does that mean you want to be like Middle Eastern countries, and persecute people based on religion?

A christian run kindergarden that is open to non religious and other religious kids is not as problematic as a kindergarden run by islamic organizations where only muslim kids are allowed.

If you dont see the difference then there isnt much to help you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh cool, news from 2 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by sztyrymytyry View Post
    Not sure what is your beef with Christian kindergartens, I don't think in Europe they teach that the World was created in 7 days, do they?
    They create people who would put nonsense like yours as an avatar. Not as bad as the Muslim one's, but not everyone who went to a Muslim pre-school becomes a suicide bomber either.

So just to cover all our bases, just take religion out of education.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    They create people who would put nonsense like yours as an avatar. Not as bad as the Muslim one's, but not everyone who went to a Muslim pre-school becomes a suicide bomber either.

It is already out of education.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    These 'Trojan Horse' schools have been popping up all over the UK. Headteachers have been targetted by Islamists, involving efforts to force head teachers out of their jobs.
    These are different issues.

The schools talked about here are religious schools, so if you send your children to them, then you would expect them to teach from a religious point of view. The Trojan Horse ones in the UK were state schools that Muslims tried to run as Islamic schools, which is not acceptable under our education system.

15+ Year Old Account
    Apparently the findings of this "study" were so clear and distinct that they COULD NOT produce a list of problematic kindergardens.

So it's an 2 year old story about a study that was worth horse shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, does that mean you want to be like Middle Eastern countries, and persecute people based on religion?
    It will always be miles better here for all religions, just though it was a sill thing to complain about. Not sure i would lable this persecution of a religion though.

Also seems this is 2 years old so nothing to discuss really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post

I really don't know how you are so quick to jump to a conclusion, that my avatar is connected to a religion. Whether it is a nonsense it is a matter of a debate.

Anyhow, the point here was made that Christian Kindergartens in Europe don't force a particular belief onto minors, in opposition to islamic ones - so why ban them also?

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm pro closing them down as long as Christian kindergarten get closed down too. Also ban religious education in public state/federally funded schools.
    fixed that up for ya

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    I went to a catholic kindergarden and there was no religion apart from christmas/easter celebration (not the religous way - more the gifting people and eating chocolate way) which is pretty basic for every school in my country.
    Same, also my experience.

In general people who call themselves catholic here mostly just celebrate the holidays, it's more ritualistic behavior than true devoutness to the religion.

I also have nothing against Islamic Kindergartens, if, and only if:

They teach the children in the native language ONLY.

The teachers are trained in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by shrunken View Post
    I love this notion that plenty of regular church-goers haven't at the very least reconciled with the notion of things like abortion at this point. I can't think of a single catholic that I actually know whose opinion hasn't evolved into finding the practice distasteful but not worth bombing abortion clinics over.
    It's the typical strawman tactic of just associating someone/something with Christianity, then attacking that premise.

In this case, instead of debating the topic of Islamic kindergartens potentially leading to social issues or nurturing extremist ideals, he's changed it to bash Christianity... as if it shoulders the blame.