Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Stay a bias shit hole
    That's a great name for a B&B...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Stay a bias shit hole
    This isn't even being biased at all. Spicer even couldn't come up with an actual victory for the first 100. He's trying desperately to ram through an even worse version of the healthcare bill that he feels will get Republican support while at the same time threatening the Dems to support it or he'll EO the care subsidies out of existence that keep the ACA afloat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

I, for one, am looking forward to returning to the days where people filed bankruptcy because of medical conditions that they suffered through no fault of their own, and people dying from a lack of adequate medical care.

People who are poor unlucky sick are just lazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    This isn't even being biased at all. Spicer even couldn't come up with an actual victory for the first 100. He's trying desperately to ram through an even worse version of the healthcare bill that he feels will get Republican support while at the same time threatening the Dems to support it or he'll EO the care subsidies out of existence that keep the ACA afloat.
    Stupid shit happens.
    But this places always devolves into the same circle jerk when it has anything to do with trump or republicans
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Stupid shit happens.
    But this places always devolves into the same circle jerk when it has anything to do with trump or republicans
    There aren't always two sides to a story.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Trump is desperately ramming through this death trap that will rip insurance from 24M people because he fears the media will slam him for having no legislative accomplishment by the totally arbitrary and vacuous 100 day mark!

So callous, vain, and petty.
    That's our boy! Callous, clueless, vain, and petty. Boggles my mind that anyone with more than half a brain still backs him.

And what's in the bill? It's awful but moron Trump, who has never uttered a substantive and coherent sentence on healthcare, said this gem to demonstrate his continual cluelessness: "The plan gets better and better and better and it's gotten really really good and a lot of people are liking it a lot."
    And this is how he wins over those Trumpkins, time and again - ignoring facts and reality and just using bigly good words without form or substance.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.dd0e064d45a6

Now if only Trump could take the hint and push for single payer healthcare.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.dd0e064d45a6

I'm admittedly amused by (R)s and healthcare. It's like their Achilles' cognitive dissonance. I'd bet most would be all for single payer / socialized care as long as it wasn't called that.

This plan... well, in a twisted way it might accomplish truly affordable (i.e. lower cost) care, as uninsured people in desperation seek the lowest cost care they can find. Higher cost providers could find themselves with less customers and have to lower costs to compete. Still a harsh, awful way to do it.

I can't critique it too much, though, since at its root, just like the ACA, it's about putting the costs on the poor and middle class. The motivation behind pretty much all policy coming from our oligarchical government.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Heh, as if the Republicans would pass any such thing.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    There are high risk pools, and they have never worked anywhere they have been tried.
    This is actually patently false, high-risk pools are a very common policy tool if insurance companies arn't allowed to apply price discrimination against high-risk individuals. What is done in a lot of countries (netherlands amongst them) is that insurance companies get money from the government if their risk-profile is higher than average, reducing the incentive for insurance company to target healthy people and to make it harder for unhealthy people to get insurance.

Before Obama came into office my school district offered multiple health care plans with different deductibles. Thanks to Obama care, I only have one option with a $6,000 deductible. The news only focuses on the people who would have no health care without Obamacare. No one cares about the guy who just had his deductible tripled.

Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    This is actually patently false, high-risk pools are a very common policy tool if insurance companies arn't allowed to apply price discrimination against high-risk individuals. What is done in a lot of countries (netherlands amongst them) is that insurance companies get money from the government if their risk-profile is higher than average, reducing the incentive for insurance company to target healthy people and to make it harder for unhealthy people to get insurance.
    Nope.

That is reinsurance, not high risk pools. The ACA already has a temporary 3 year reinsurance program where insurers with low-cost individuals pay in and high-cost individuals get payments. It is temporary because insurers can buy reinsurance in the market from reinsurance companies.

High risk pools are pools where people who are so sick they can't get affordable insurance are subsidized by the government. Since only the most sick are covered, instead of spreading the risk in a common pool, costs are so explosive the government is forced to limit sign-ups, impose lifetime limits, or long waiting periods. High risk pools have been used extensively before the ACA and have never worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Galluccio View Post
    Before Obama came into office my school district offered multiple health care plans with different deductibles. Thanks to Obama care, I only have one option with a $6,000 deductible. The news only focuses on the people who would have no health care without Obamacare. No one cares about the guy who just had his deductible tripled.
    The problem is that there are many reasons why those deductibles and rates are going up and it's not just the ACA doing it. The ACA merely highlighted those concerns and sped the process up.

The GOP are just clamoring to remove the whole thing instead of attacking the actual underlying problems thanks to the heavy influence of big pharma as a lobbyist group. If the ACA were repealed, your rates and deductibles would still be much higher while a lot of people at the lower end lose their coverage and/or die.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2017-04-21 at 03:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Deleted
    Nop, this article is actually about everyone with health insurance who ever gets ill: existing plans would see these increases in premiums just as much as the people who were newly insured.
    I am not able to speak to your case specifically but a lot of the increases in health care premiums/deductibles were due to the natural increase of health care costs that were happening before the ACA was implemented. Also the only thing that obama did to reduce the diversity in health care plans was set minimum standards for what those healthcare plans would have to cover, meaning that the reduction beyond that is probably due to market forces (unless you argue that obamacare has made being an insurer less profitable, I would agree with you on that though that's not necessarily a bad thing)

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Those surcharges are for those with preexisting conditions who made a choice not to purchase healthcare insurance prior to their diagnosis and got burned by their choice. People should pay more when they try to game the system. But damn, those surcharges are huge for sure.

Deleted
    Nope.

That is reinsurance, not high risk pools. The ACA already has a temporary 3 year reinsurance program where insurers with low-cost individuals pay in and high-cost individuals get payments. It is temporary because insurers can buy reinsurance in the market from reinsurance companies.

High risk pools are pools where people who are so sick they can't get affordable insurance are subsidized by the government. Since only the most sick are covered, instead of spreading the risk in a common pool, costs are so explosive the government is forced to limit sign-ups, impose lifetime limits, or long waiting periods. High risk pools have been used extensively before the ACA and have never worked.
    Actually, reinsurance is a form of high-risk pooling:

http://chirblog.org/whats-difference...ng-conditions/

''One type of high-risk pool is called reinsurance. It is among the premium stabilization programs employed in the ACA. In place for just the first three years of the ACA’s marketplaces (2014-2016), the reinsurance program provided payments to insurers to help pay claims for high-cost enrollees. Another type of high-risk pool, included in Speaker Ryan’s ACA replacement proposal and others, would place unhealthy consumers into a risk pool that is separate from the rest of the individual market.''

So while I do agree with your general point (as well as the point that this ''improved'' version is an abomination), you are incorrect on the specifics and because high-risk pooling is a term that is used for both kinds, it might confuse people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stupid shit happens.
    Probably because supporting this particular bill is just plain stupid.
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Those surcharges are for those with preexisting conditions who made a choice not to purchase healthcare insurance prior to their diagnosis and got burned by their choice. People should pay more when they try to game the system. But damn, those surcharges are huge for sure.
    Or you know, the people who are going off their parents plan and are already ill at that point?
    Or the people who have a cheap plan and want a more comprehensive plan?
    Or people who couldn't afford the premiums and let their insurance lapse?

Not everyone who doesn't have insurance is doing so to game the system in fact, there are plenty of good reasons not to:

https://www.google.nl/url?sa=i&rct=j...92877281137405

Pass it. I am just wishing it fucks as many poor Trumpsters as any other voter. Keep voting against your interest idiots.