Deleted

Question about my current legendary's for BM

[The Mantle of Command] shoulders
    [The Shadow Hunter's Voodoo Mask] Head
    [Qa'pla, Eredun War Order] Boots just got those a hour ago
    [Call of the Wild]bracers (without CoF, do not have it)

After I got the boots, my first impression was, great shoulders/boots combo
    I did run some sims, and my dps seems abit better with Shoulders/Head even

Did I overrate the legendary boots for BM?

My question is basically what combo I should use with the shoulders
    I assume if i get CoF, than the bracers should be used

If i play with the boots, is it better to have Dire Stable talent over wotc?

I saw some ppl using Aspect of the beast with the boots, ,but that felt so wierd
    is that even good?

sorry to ask and thanks for reading / helping me out in advance

Shoulders, boots. hands down.

Deleted
    I have the boots on an alt, and not the shoulders. They feels clunky as fuck. Perhaps the shoulders (and OwtP despite having fallen from grace) is the magic bullet that makes them work. The three seconds are just that bit too long leading to delays and lowered APM -OR- leading to negating their use by inserting a cobra shot to fill up the three seconds between Dire Beast.

I would personally use the wrists and shoot for a CoF by running normal, heroic and LFR of NH until it drops.

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies

Well I run all difficulties for CoF, also about to kill Elisande Mythic

Maybe the old spec OwtP could make them more viable or at least extra fun

But its probably better to stick with the head or bracers + shoulders

Will do some tests

I just wanted to find a reason to make my new legendary boots usefull without feeling to bad
    Last edited by mmoc10b5e29e2d; 2017-04-20 at 02:38 PM.

Its more than just equipping two legendaries that sim highest. Next time you run some sims, try a few different talent. Each sim, also use stat weights and the graph that shows how the stat priorities change by adding more of each one. Next, start to hone in on which talent setup is the best, along with if/how you need to adjust your gearing. Remember, before the mantle dropped everyone just went Mastery/Haste. After you got mantle in 7.1, you Simcraft identified big gains if you regeared for Mastery/Crit and also changed your talents to Stomp/OwtP.

Actually bracers with convergence is probably better than boots if you got the new traits for call of the wild

http://www.wowhead.com/item=140806/c...tes&bonus=3514

Quote Originally Posted by khazlol View Post
    Actually bracers with convergence is probably better than boots if you got the new traits for call of the wild

http://www.wowhead.com/item=140806/c...tes&bonus=3514
    Which is exactly what his post states. But he doesn't have CoF yet.

I think shoulders + boots ought to be best; then again the head does have much more and better stats on them, so that might make the gap very narrow between them.

Shoulders and boots merge quite well though. Boots make you want to shift your priority to KC > DB/DF, since the latter reduces the cooldown of the former. The shoulders enable this really well as you have the charge system so you don't actually lose any DB/DF uptime because you had to prioritize KC.

Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post
    Which is exactly what his post states. But he doesn't have CoF yet.
    you're right. my apologies

Deleted
    Thanks again for the extra feedback

When I use my shoulders/Boots. The opener feels abit wierd. During BW you usually go cobra shot to reset KC and do it like that. But if you use DF during BW to keep up stacks etc, it also reduce the CD on KC because of the boots, but sometimes its still 1/2 left on it. I guess i can quickly do a cobra shot than or something.

I do not rly know how to explain this properly. But normaly u go like cobra shot to reset kc and cobra shot agan and use kc again. But now with the boots when you use DF during BW, u KC is sometimes perfectly rdy but also sometimes 1/2 sec left and during that period of time, im not sure what 2 do, I think use cobra shot quickly (does not reset KC cuz i just used DF (with boots) -3s less cd. I am not sure if anyone know what I means with this.

If you have enough haste, during BL and al that, its usually fine, cuz KC is perfectly reset with DF.

Well those that have the boots probably understand what i mean maybe.

Eitherway, the dps feels more or less the same as using head/shoulders, But its fun to use shoulders/boots and yes its ezier to keep up the stacks from DF

Boots will likely bump up your single target DPS a little. Somewhere in the range of 10k over the head piece. But that would depend on what gear you have available to you. If the difference is very small (like within 1-1.5%), I would still consider using head piece as my main legendary. It will be more effective during AoE scenarios, damage difference would be negligible during single target scenarios, and you will have access to a very nice survival cooldown. Aside from the Mantle and the Belt, all other legendaries are basically equal in performance. So you can choose which effect you like best and what is more suitable for your raid.

I used Belt/Boots before getting Shoulders, but I honestly don't think I can handle the amount of retarded waiting with Shoulders/Boots. I would rather just equip the Head for the extra stats, especially if you have high ilvl boots.

Deleted
    @Gaaz You are pretty much correct, my head is 895 tier right now and my boots are 905. So its also 895 head + lego boots vs lego helm + 905 boots. my stats are better and i have 200 more agility aswell WITH legendary head.

Just trying the boots out for fun .. because I just got them. But i can already see it feels better to use lego head until have either CoF to combo with bracers or a proper tier 905+ head so i can equip boots anyway or ... the legendary belt, that would sort it all ^^
    @PewPewArrowz ye specially with the boots it feels anoying to wait those extra 1/2 sec when KC is not rdy on point, so you gota do something else during those 2s ^^

I rerolled hunter a month ago , Thanks again for all the answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xenake View Post
    I saw some ppl using Aspect of the beast with the boots, ,but that felt so wierd
    is that even good?
    The benefit from the boots is extremely diminished unless you're using that talent, or to a lesser extent Stampede (which for most situations you shouldn't use).

Use shoulders/boots with Aspect of the Beast, or use Shoulders/Bracers (especially for aoe/cleave fights) it's better than the helm in any case even without COF.

If you were doing more dps with the helm that's pure rng and nothing else.

You really want the belt tho. It's a lot better than people make it out to be lol and will come out on top over anything but the shoulders in most cases (shoulders/belt combo especially great since the nerf to Thunderslash).

On a side note since we're talking about legs here, yet another set up people aren't talking about is belt/bm ring and it's really not bad at all. It's very competitive in fact, especially if you keep a pet on you that is below 35% hp (easily managed with your pet tanking a trash mob for a bit before a boss pull) cuz with the Apex predator's Claw your pet it get's 20% more dmg (and 60% reduced change to be crit) from the Cunning passive Cornered.

I recently did a 97th% parse on Chromatic with that set up, but I didn't have the 20% increased dmg on my pet. Checked logs and sure enough there's a very similarly geared hunter with those legs that's in the top 20 for that fight and I'm pretty sure he had the 20% buff, so it can be pretty substantial.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-04-22 at 11:29 PM.

Deleted
    I ended up in using Shoulders/Boots combo for now anyway. Seems better ST as some ppl said here. At least until I get CoF to use with bracers or be uberlucky and get the belt sometime.

Greetz

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    The benefit from the boots is extremely diminished unless you're using that talent, or to a lesser extent Stampede (which for most situations you shouldn't use).

Use shoulders/boots with Aspect of the Beast, or use Shoulders/Bracers (especially for aoe/cleave fights) it's better than the helm in any case even without COF.

If you were doing more dps with the helm that's pure rng and nothing else.

You really want the belt tho. It's a lot better than people make it out to be lol and will come out on top over anything but the shoulders in most cases (shoulders/belt combo especially great since the nerf to Thunderslash).

On a side note since we're talking about legs here, yet another set up people aren't talking about is belt/bm ring and it's really not bad at all. It's very competitive in fact, especially if you keep a pet on you that is below 35% hp (easily managed with your pet tanking a trash mob for a bit before a boss pull) cuz with the Apex predator's Claw your pet it get's 20% more dmg (and 60% reduced change to be crit) from the Cunning passive Cornered.

I recently did a 97th% parse on Chromatic with that set up, but I didn't have the 20% increased dmg on my pet. Checked logs and sure enough there's a very similarly geared hunter with those legs that's in the top 20 for that fight and I'm pretty sure he had the 20% buff, so it can be pretty substantial.
    How do you keep the pet from getting incidental heals that bring its health too high?