Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    Wonder what universally useful feature they'll remove and sell an accessory to replace this time?
    My guess? The battey

Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    Wonder what universally useful feature they'll remove and sell an accessory to replace this time?
    The camera.

"On board camera? We're above that. You can now use a wireless synced camera that you can attach to your eye and take picture, videos, live-stream in all such rich resolutions!

Sold separately starting at the price of $299."
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I suspect that list would be to long for this thread, suffice to say I suffered through two years of Android on two different devices.

The TLDR answer - Fragmentation and total lack of support.
    When was this? The early versions of Android were mediocre at best but 5.0 and up has been pretty stellar.

Edit; typo

Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    When was this? The early versions of Android were mediocre at best but 5.0 and up has been pretty stellar.
    Couple of years back ... never touching Android until they fix 3 major issues.

Fragmentation, Timely OS upgrades and vendors adding garbage to it.

Google needs to take control of the OS, in the way Apple has of iOS ....

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted

OS updates have been regular on my Sony, but it's manufacturer specific AFAIK, so fair enough.

What does 'fragmentation' mean in this context? Yes, I am an idiot.

7+ Year Old Account

For the past several years, I've only been using international/unlocked phones. These obviously don't have carrier garbage added to them. As a caveat, they only work with GSM providers, so in the US that limits you to AT&T and T-Mobile. Not necessarily a bad thing though, I've had much better experiences with T-Mobile than I did with Sprint in the past (admittedly, this is due to the network being better). GSM has a TON of advantages, namely that you can get ANY phone, and just swap the SIM and you're in business. Your provider doesn't even need to know you got a new phone. T-Mobile specifically has a "bring your own device" plan that's cheaper as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    What does 'fragmentation' mean in this context? Yes, I am an idiot.
    20000 different versions of the OS, each compiled by a unique combination of vendor and carrier - makes for very unreliable software and overly heavy battery usage.

So when I did have problems, and there were dozens of problems - there was nowhere to go for help.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

You can't fix fragmentation, beside carriers/localised versions there are a billion mediatek and other custom SoCs and modems, cameras, sensors, etc. It would be nice if we had reliable Qualcomm Snapdragon 820/835 on all upper tier phones and SD 653 or 808 on all midrange, but it's not gonna happen.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2017-04-22 at 04:23 AM.