Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by CthulhuFhtagn View Post
    She did a pretty good job at Vol'jin's funeral, on her first appearance as Warchief. She got the crowd motivated and riled up against the Legion and solidified her position in two sentences.
    Saying "Vol'jin is ded, help me avenge him" is not exactly something imaginitive.

Aside from that, imagine the cinematic with Orcs / Trolls / Tauren throwing rotten food at Sylvanas.

As for the pragmatic approach, as long as she doesn't do something truly evil and heinous (which he won't do in the public eye), the rest will follow her, they have no reason not to.
    As much as the Alliance won't launch a full attack on Sylvanas.

Thing is, i'm not saying the Horde will rebel against based on the current circumstances, what i'm saying is that Sylvanas might run into issues that her actions as Warchief receive more attention than she likes to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Saying "Vol'jin is ded, help me avenge him" is not exactly something imaginitive.

Aside from that, imagine the cinematic with Orcs / Trolls / Tauren throwing rotten food at Sylvanas.
    I'm not saying it was the most brilliant political move of all time, but it was effective, even more so since she likely didn't really care Vol'jin was dead. She was practically a stranger to the orcs, trolls and tauren and knew she had to get them to follow her.

As much as the Alliance won't launch a full attack on Sylvanas.

Thing is, i'm not saying the Horde will rebel against based on the current circumstances, what i'm saying is that Sylvanas might run into issues that her actions as Warchief receive more attention than she likes to.
    It's possible, but unlikely. As someone said above, she will be fine unless she embarks on some crazy vendetta and starts Blight-bombing Stormwind or something.

Deleted
    Wasn't Sylvanas annointed Warchief and Orcs, Trolls and Tauren celebrating her like the biggest case of mass ooc and Creator's Pet petting in the history of the Warcraft Franchise?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Wasn't Sylvanas annointed Warchief and Orcs, Trolls and Tauren celebrating her like the biggest case of mass ooc and Creator's Pet petting in the history of the Warcraft Franchise?
    celebrating the incoming Demon ass kicking I don't think qualifies as any of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

She was practically a stranger to the orcs, trolls and tauren and knew she had to get them to follow her.
    If a single sentence from a "Stranger" is enough turn to 180° the mood of a crowd, then the crowd is extremely gullible or plot convience is at work here.

A bit from the former and the mostly the latter is at work here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    celebrating the incoming Demon ass kicking I don't think qualifies as any of that.
    Aren't the Orcs supposed to be all for honor in battle and shamanism?

10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't the Orcs supposed to be all for honor in battle and shamanism?
    anything to kill the demons is probably the to go to atm. Not every orc is a shaman.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    anything to kill the demons is probably the to go to atm. Not every orc is a shaman.
    Isn't like Saurfang a million times more competent than Sylvanas, especially in demon killing? After all, Sylvanas is the woman who lost Quel'thalas, the strongest empire of her time that lasted thousands of years. And she lost undercity, her own city, once. and she nearly lost silverpine against a bunch of wild animals and wild animals who are also revolutinaries. And she utterly failed in supporting the Alliance on the Broken Shore, while they fought the main demon army, with all the generals and stuff. And like every enemy she won against wasn't that strong or impressive to begin with.

By the way, do you think the Nathanos Story was written well? Like, you know how much I dislike Sylvanas, but seriously, this Story even failed to make me hate her or feel annoyed by her.

If a single sentence from a "Stranger" is enough turn to 180° the mood of a crowd, then the crowd is extremely gullible or plot convience is at work here.

A bit from the former and the mostly the latter is at work here.
    It wasn't a 180, they didnt hate her, they just didn't know her well. They already wanted revenge for the death of Vol'jin so they were primed to follow someone into battle against the Legion. Sylvanas simply recognized that and used it to present herself as the leader who will get them what they want.

Was it plot convenience? Yeah a little, but no more than usual in WoW storytelling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't like Saurfang a million times more competent than Sylvanas, especially in demon killing? After all, Sylvanas is the woman who lost Quel'thalas, the strongest empire of her time that lasted thousands of years. And she lost undercity, her own city, once. and she nearly lost silverpine against a bunch of wild animals and wild animals who are also revolutinaries. And she utterly failed in supporting the Alliance on the Broken Shore, while they fought the main demon army, with all the generals and stuff. And like every enemy she won against wasn't that strong or impressive to begin with.

By the way, do you think the Nathanos Story was written well? Like, you know how much I dislike Sylvanas, but seriously, this Story even failed to make me hate her or feel annoyed by her.
    sarufang wanted to die, not really leadership material.

As for the story I hate it mostly because it confirms all of the windrunner sisters had a disgusting human fetish. But as I said before, atleast she died before she had kids.
    Holy shit lol

It wasn't a 180, they didnt hate her, they just didn't know her well.
    And they got to know her by a single sentence?

Sorry but the whole scene is just to get hype for the new Warchief by Blizzard, i don't think people suddenly have a different opinion on Sylvanas.

Because if they do, as said, then they're gullible as fuck.

After all, the Horde is supposed to be faction where actions speak louder than words.

Okay, I'll bite.

Quel'Thalas and Undercity were lost due to treason, not lack of skill.
    Almost lost Silverpine? She was smart enough to leverage their retreat, along with expanding her territory further into Hillsbrad and the Plaguelands. While fighting both Scourge and Alliance I might add.
    As for the Broken Shore, (re)watch the Horde cinematic, they were being decimated by a second portal from behind. Only when Vol'jin is stabbed and tells her not to let the Horde die does she sound the retreat. The Alliance would've done the exact same thing in their situation.

- - - Updated - - -

And they got to know her by a single sentence?

Sorry but the whole scene is just to get hype for the new Warchief by Blizzard, i don't think people suddenly have a different opinion on Sylvanas.

Because if they do, as said, then they're gullible as fuck.

After all, the Horde is supposed to be faction where actions speak louder than words.
    When I say they didn't know her well, I don't mean they didn't know who she was. They knew she's the leader of the Forsaken. But they didn't see her as they did Thrall or Vol'jin or Baine, so stories was all they knew. But she offered them what the wanted most - revenge against the Legion, so of course they cheered for her. At that moment, it was enough. May be somewhat gullible but understandable under the circumstances. If Vol'jin died of natural causes with no looming world-threatening danger, then I would agree with you.
    Last edited by CthulhuFhtagn; 2017-04-22 at 08:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    The various Horde races are fine about her doing what she does as long as she does it to Gilneans, humans, Knights of the Ebon Blade or the Argent Crusade. It is one of the major issues with the Horde; supporting a leader in everything no matter how gruesome it is, untill it is time to swap tabbars and allegiances when things reach a point of no return.

I bet you orcs and tauren would view things differently if she ever took their people for her rituals to enhance her armies, if she experimented with the plague in Mulgore or tortured orcs. Once she starts stepping on their toes, they'll join the Alliance in stopping something malicious she is up to. This is how these race work out; follow a leader in his ruthlessness and malicious actions untill it becomes evident that it has gone too far and then replace him(or in this case, her) with a new moderate-to-be-evil character.
    That's not incredibly surprising. I mean, when the Alliance ever acted "heroic" in name of something different but their own well being?

- - - Updated - - -

May be somewhat gullible but understandable under the circumstances.
    The masses are bound to be sort of gullible or, to be more refined, easily influenced. As easily they may had biases in regards of Sylvanas because of the overall ignorance of the character, just as easily they could be lifted and guided during very trying times. That's when some motivational speech or something of the like do wonders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.