Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anni View Post
    How ridiculous, it doesn't exist.
    How would you know? Have you studied anything about it? Do you even know what it means?

Or did you just shove your fingers in your ears and go LALALALALAAA until people decided you weren't worth their time?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Rape is a very traumatic experience. It sounds like she never sought professional help to help her deal with it. Would probably be a good idea for her to take some leave and see a therapist.
    Not everyone gets over rape after getting counseling or therapy. Expecting that to happen is silly. Some people get PTSD from rape. Some form depression that never goes away. You wouldn't expect someone to just "get over" depression or PTSD right? So why expect it from a rape?

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    How would you know? Have you studied anything about it? Do you even know what it means?

Or did you just shove your fingers in your ears and go LALALALALAAA until people decided you weren't worth their time?
    Do you? Or are you one of those people that think it's real because a professor said it's real and eagerly ate it up?

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Delusional?
    Only triggered snowflakes scream at monitor lol. Also this:

I imagined him being friends with my rapist
    based on hers rapist age. Conclusion? Do not hire people after rape, since they can be easily triggered and will not be able to do their job.

She said she was so upset that she could no longer grade papers or read.
    Also if this makes man almost rapist:

student cited a men’s rights advocacy group, referenced a case where a woman raped a man, questioned whether feminism was relevant, and said that concerns about gender inequality were overblown.
    then we live in really bad times if we cannot even have conversation about those topics - where point of view matters.
    Last edited by Alexeht; 2017-04-23 at 02:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Coulrophobia1989 View Post
    Not everyone gets over rape after getting counseling or therapy. Expecting that to happen is silly. Some people get PTSD from rape. Some form depression that never goes away. You wouldn't expect someone to just "get over" depression or PTSD right? So why expect it from a rape?
    I never said get over it. Therapy can help people learn how to manage their issues.

Deleted

I don't need to study anything to observe that rape is neither pervasive nor normalized due to societal attitudes. On the contrary, there are strong condemning reactions to it. It's shunned. How can it be normalized and pervasive due to societal attitudes when people react so strongly against it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Do you? Or are you one of those people that think it's real because a professor said it's real and eagerly ate it up?
    I studied the matter, yes. I may not agree word-for-word with what every professor says about it, and I walked out of a couple classes that pushed the subject without room for discussion or debate, but I still agree that it exists.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

So... she gave him a zero because he didn't agree with her "opinions".

What a shitty professor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    Only triggered snowflakes scream at monitor lol. Also this:

based on hers rapist age. Conclusion? Do not hire people after rape, since they can be easily triggered and will not be able to do their job.

Also if this makes man almost rapist:

then we live in really bad times.
    I was explicitly relating to the part you bolded, besides she later admitted how she was being irrational in that special moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't need to study anything to observe that rape is neither pervasive nor normalized due to societal attitudes. On the contrary, there are strong condemning reactions to it. It's shunned.
    Rape culture isn't limited to actual rape. Rape culture is about perceiving women as sexual objects, not as people. Jokes about rape? That's rape culture. Talking about girls you'd like to bang? Also rape culture. The reactions to it in public are largely virtue signaling because nobody wants to be "that guy" who says "hey, this lady's rape? Not a real big deal." even if they really don't think it's a big deal. That is rape culture.

Physical, sexual assault isn't even necessary to have rape culture. It's more about not respecting women as human beings and seeing value in them only in their ability to put out.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Rape culture isn't limited to actual rape. Rape culture is about perceiving women as sexual objects, not as people. Jokes about rape? That's rape culture. Talking about girls you'd like to bang? Also rape culture. The reactions to it in public are largely virtue signaling because nobody wants to be "that guy" who says "hey, this lady's rape? Not a real big deal." even if they really don't think it's a big deal. That is rape culture.

Physical, sexual assault isn't even necessary to have rape culture. It's more about not respecting women as human beings and seeing value in them only in their ability to put out.
    You're not talking about rape culture.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're not talking about rape culture.
    Oh really? Since you seem to have all the answers, what am I talking about then?

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Oh really? Since you seem to have all the answers, what am I talking about then?
    "Rape culture is a sociological concept used to describe a setting in which rape is pervasive and normalized due to societal attitudes about gender and sexuality."

Something else than that.

She obviously is not fit to teach and need professional help to deal with her trauma (the one from the past).

I studied the matter, yes. I may not agree word-for-word with what every professor says about it, and I walked out of a couple classes that pushed the subject without room for discussion or debate, but I still agree that it exists.
    Borrowing from you next post. Boy, this is sure a murder, theft, vandalism and arson culture. Because jokes are made about such topics.

And wanting to bang women is rape culture? Holy anti-men Batman. That's right up there with "All PIV is rape".

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    I was explicitly relating to the part you bolded, besides she later admitted how she was being irrational in that special moment.
    I'm sorry I didn't "bolded" everything that was fucked up in this article. Even if people would write paper to trigger professor, as long as they did it politely, professor should keep it cool, grade it and give feedback. As you said she admitted how she is being irrational, but we don't know how it ended.

btw anyone know anything about this website? Just under article there is pool "Do American colleges discriminate against male students?" and 100% answers is for "yes", which makes me wonder if it is working since there would be at least 1 troll saying "no".
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Rape culture is a sociological concept used to describe a setting in which rape is pervasive and normalized due to societal attitudes about gender and sexuality."

Something else than that.
    Maybe if you read beyond the first line of Wikipedia, you might better understand the snippet you quoted.

I don't care if you agree with it ot not, but I'm not here to educate you, and you obviously have no desire to learn. So I think from here on out I'll just save myself the headache of reading anything you wrote.

Just, be kind.

Maybe if you read beyond the first line of Wikipedia, you might better understand the snippet you quoted.

I don't care if you agree with it ot not, but I'm not here to educate you, and you obviously have no desire to learn. So I think from here on out I'll just save myself the headache of reading anything you wrote.
    LALALALALAAA!

Right?

[Infracted]
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2017-04-23 at 02:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Borrowing from you next post. Boy, this is sure a murder, theft, vandalism and arson culture. Because jokes are made about such topics.
    Yes. We (Americans) have an incredibly violent culture.

And wanting to bang women is rape culture? Holy anti-men Batman. That's right up there with "All PIV is rape".
    No. Talking about girls you want to bang like that's their only function. Responding to what I write instead of what you make up in your head is really a stellar way to have a conversation.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    What's With The Capitalizing Of Every Word In The Goddamn Thread