Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Pretty sure it will be blizzcon.

Bet my money its blizzcon

I doubt they will want to repeat the legion unveiling at that german games convention

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ117 View Post
    They said they would focus on bigger expansionis after the recent shite expansions. Bigger expansion = longer expansion gap.
    Bigger than 14 months? No that's definitely not what they meant. They meant bigger in comparison to WoD. Bigger than 1 patch. Bigger than 2 raid tiers. Meaning, they are going back to the old expansions. The time between WoD and Legion was less than 2 years, so the time between Legion and the next expac is probably gonna be roughly 2 years like it used to be. Meaning, Argus will probably be the 3rd raid tier and come about 6 months after ToS. If ToS releases in like 2 months, that means 8 months from now we get Argus. That's December. Well let's just aim for January, cause no one wants to raid at christmas. So then add another 6-10 months and they have to come out with another expansion. That would be 1 1/2 years from now, roughly. When expansions are announced they usually still take about a year to be released. So here's what it looks like

December 2004: Vanilla released
    October 2005: TBC announced
    January 2007: TBC released
    August 2007: WotLK announced
    November 2008: WotLK released
    August 2009: Cataclysm announced
    December 2010: Cataclysm released
    October 2011: MoP announced
    September 2012: MoP released
    November 2013: WoD announced
    November 2014: WoD released
    August 2015: Legion announced
    August 2016: Legion released
    2017: ???

Well guess what we'll get this year. We're in an expansion announcement year.

They will most likely preview Argus and the next expansion at Blizzcon, or earlier at Gamescom, that's what they did in 2009. They announced Cataclysm but still showed ICC, which was about to be released.
    Last edited by mmocdf92b69352; 2017-04-23 at 04:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since they have (rightfully) abandoned their yearly expansion pack plan I'm not really sure. I could see them announcing something at Blizzcon, but a part of me also feels that we are only halfway through the expansion and there will be 2 or 3 more patches that take place on Argus that could lead us into next year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Blizzcon makes sense based on most previous announcements. The timing is off though. With how long beta testing goes for expansions Legion would end up going on well past 2 years. So some of the trends will have to break one way or another.
    Well, remember, they dropped the idea of small expansions thanks to WoD taking so long. And when you look at it, we're still 2 raids behind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    To be fair to blizzard, they did announce Cata before Wrath was even finished.
    That is quite true.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    no heres the thing
    for awhile they were being forced, by someone or somethign to try and pump our yearly expansions, but with legion they finally said "nah were done with that" so legion is the first expansion in awhile they arnt trying to pump out all the content in 1 year, then be done with it to never return, we will see 7.3 in most likely 6 months from now, a next expansion announcement at blizzcon, and hopefully the next expansion launch about 10 months after 7.3 (as remember it will most likely be 7.3 then the raid for 7.3 about 2 months afterwards)
    Ah ok. That makes the most sense
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

We all know it's going to be something with Azshara in it the rest don't the nk it will be this year tbh...i don't see this expansion ending next year

Deleted
    they said they don't want to rush expansion this time. it means that the next one will probably come only in like 4 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    honestly if there's no expansion announced yet I would not be disappointed, I have way enough content to do for now and for a long time, dunno if I'm alone

at this pace I would be fine in a new expansion every 4 years, hell I would even play for years with no expansion announced

I predict that we will get expansion announcement at blizzcon. 7.3 will be the one taking the spotlight in gamescom. I think that after they release Argus, there will be either a 7.3.5 or 7.4 which will have some new brawler's guild ranks, or some more world quests, a dungeon and a bit of story content leading up to next expansion or a small raid, or in my opinion, the most likely thing to happen, a timewalking raid again. I feel like they will just try to release timewalking raids in drought periods to keep people entertained with some reharshed content (Not saying that reharshed is bad, I welcome it as long as it has 1-2 new rewards). Like, imagine getting Argus in 7.3, raiding for 6-7 months, and then bam, timewalking ICC! Maybe throw in a new mount or two for people to get (similarly to timewalking dungs), and it will keep people busy for 2-3 more months

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Last one was two years ago at Gamescom. Next one should be on the horizon. We already know the last patch of the expansion is Argus, so, the next time they'll reveal something it has to be the expansion, right? Do you think it will be at Blizzcon this time or earlier? They've proven with Legion that they don't have to announce an expansion at Blizzcon.
    Well no, they don't -have- to but they did announce It as gamescom cause people were dreadfully bored of the WoD Content Draught. Don't think of It so... you'd see It's just a business strategy. They might be confident Legion Is fine and dandy and take their time to announce It at Blizzcon. If they announce It sooner I'd call them desparate and think that they know Legion hasn't done all that well after all - which It hasn't.

Content has been average at best and I'm not sure they want wait that long honestly before announcing the next expansion as well as 7.3 If they're even confident about 7.3's launch, why do I say that? Look at 7.1 and 7.2's releases:

7.1 was announced (First of It's kind) before the Legion expansion even launched, showing confidence to some (Desparation to me and hyping the train up to eleven) with the patch coming a month or two Into launch of Legion. What did It have? A cut up piece of launch content: aka Suramar story, Trial of Valor raid which is mostly re-used areas and abilities with a few new tactics bringing nothing new or Interesting to the table though. And the icing on the cake: Karazhan re-mastered so to speak. The entirity of the place Is now a super tough dungeon even If It took people barely a week to finish and that's It.

7.2 was announced a -week- before It launched (Although you could argue the PTR of 7.2 being available weeks before gave It a vague launch date already) and then It comes out with very little to offer and showing Blizzard's true hand, content gating the hell out of everything. Instead of playing the game, earning your reputation, the rewards, earning more content to do, you're made to do the few content you have In literally an hour and then logout to wait for more to be given next week. That's not the content of an MMO, that's a facebook game. And also the gastly unforgivable sneak-update of scaling mobs to your ilevel Is unforgiveable, they've said this In a 7.0 Interview that they won't be doing this kind of scaling as It will: And I Indirectly quote "Ruin the pace of the game for the players" and then they do It anyway. What does that mean? The better gear you get, the more the mobs abjust to you which means you will never become stronger than the mobs you're constantly fighting, and since outdoor content Is the majority of Legion that's unforgiveable. It's the basic progress of an RPG, you gear up you become stronger, you kill things quicker and more easily and they've failed to do even the most basic feature of an RPG here.

So I'm worried for WoW's future, for 7.3 and the next expansion. At least I'm happy In the fact they're getting rid of Artifacts but I'm sure they'll replace It with something similarly bad as we're getting rid of our artifacts (Or so they claimed, like they claimed they won't scale mobs to ilevel so nevermind..)

The only thing I really like about Legion Is Suramar City, not the quests nececerily they we're fine, but the city scale, the beauty of It and the details In It... I just wish all capital cities expanded three times their size In the next expansion. I mean how long can people live In the small cities we have?
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    the aborted brainshart that was Warlords of Draenor.
    Stop these retarded arguments, it's factually not true. The incredible surge of subscription numbers prove the theme of WoD was perfect. It's definitely not the storyline that made WoD a dissapointment. The execution was, just like Cataclysm, the problem. Too much content being cut, storylines abruptly ending, etc.

But don't pretend the setting or theme was the problem, it's simply not true. It's a blatant lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Stop these retarded arguments, it's factually not true. The incredible surge of subscription numbers prove the theme of WoD was perfect. It's definitely not the storyline that made WoD a dissapointment. The execution was, just like Cataclysm, the problem. Too much content being cut, storylines abruptly ending, etc.

But don't pretend the setting or theme was the problem, it's simply not true. It's a blatant lie.
    Where did I say either was the problem? Slow your roll and take a breath, man. If I really have to spell it out for you, yes, I was referring to the fact that the utter disaster that was level cap in WoD was why they so hurriedly pushed an expansion announcement at Gamescom in order to salvage the situation as best they could.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    If they announce it now it makes people less inclined to play as they know their stuff is gonna be invalidated sooner

;peer reviewed theory here:
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    If they announce it now it makes people less inclined to play as they know their stuff is gonna be invalidated sooner

;peer reviewed theory here:
    Everyone who plays this game at least since TBC knows that progress they make in the expansion will be invalidated not that far in the future.

Tomb isn't even out yet and we have at least two more major patches to go, 7.3 and the Argus patch, 7.4. I'm guessing we won't get any announcements until next year about an expansion.
    Signature and Avatar by maybenotquiteasheavy!

Quote Originally Posted by Asiel View Post
    Tomb isn't even out yet and we have at least two more major patches to go, 7.3 and the Argus patch, 7.4. I'm guessing we won't get any announcements until next year about an expansion.
    Isn't Argus 7.3?

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    I still can't believe the panda thing made it through. I try to imagine meetings where everyone is like, "This is a magnificent idea," but I just can't.
    Oh shut up. Pandaria was amazing, you're just sour because your sense of innocent childhood wonder didn't survive your 20's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Isn't Argus 7.3?
    We had 7.1 as a non-raid patch, it's not too much of a stretch to assume we can get 7.3 as a non-raid patch.

Deleted
    Probably won't be at blizzcon, I would assume they'd do a big 7.3 reveal at blizzcon and announce the expansion somewhere in spring.