Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Thats funny, i compare feminists to flat earthers..
    Yup, me to. The extreme ones at least.

Deleted
    Sounds like his a good fucking writer! hope he writes fantasy novels later in life i want the experience of a dragon attacking me. Lmao

Why are unstable people allowed to teach? Doesn't college cost a shit ton of money as well, i would have been fucking pissed.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    But the thing is, I compare Flat Earthers to college students who choose to write a controversial paper quoting "Men's Rights" groups...

But then again I don't live in your crazy country, and I am finding out in the recent years just how many Stereotypes are in fact true.

I think your people are also finding this out. The hard way.
    The wonderful thing about being sentient beings is that we have the ability to form our own views and opinions on the world we live in. Any teacher not willing to accept the viewpoints of a student, however irrational they might be, is one step towards totalitarianism.

No, honestly, I think when it comes to being a man, we don't need any more additional "rights".

If the movement was created by someone who is legitimately concerned about the well being of men and equality, sure, i'd be on board.

But me and you both know it's not. You and me both know that the movement is made up disgruntled single men who were dumped, or divorced, or had their heart broken in one way or another, and choosing to "hate women ironically" is the one thing that makes them feel good.

This isn't radicalism this is common sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The wonderful thing about being sentient beings is that we have the ability to form our own views and opinions on the world we live in. Any teacher not willing to accept the viewpoints of a student, however irrational they might be, is one step towards totalitarianism.
    I'm not saying she wasn't accepting his viewpoints, i'm saying that the student most likely made the paper with the intent of trigger her or to be controversial.

He probably likes to listen to True Capitalist Radio as well I bet. These people aren't that hard to spot in a crowd.

Deleted
    Yup, me to. The extreme ones at least.
    Aren't they all these days? I can not remember a single thing they have done for the good of the western society in at least 30 years, all they seem to do is bitch about males and have some weird fetish with power. Things like the Deluth model and "rape culture" to me are about as insane as ramblings of a mad man who thinks he is Napoleon. It is completely void of any sense of reality, but it is still taught religiously in schools everywhere.

I am all for equality between the sexes, but that has to mean equality for both sexes, and not just making one "equal" to the other.

Deleted
    No, honestly, I think when it comes to being a man, we don't need any more additional "rights".
    You mean the right not to be drafted just because you have a penis?
    The right not to get a disproportionately hard sentence for every crime you can commit?
    The right to see your kids in case of a divorce?
    Nah men don't need those rights.

Deleted

If the movement was created by someone who is legitimately concerned about the well being of men and equality, sure, i'd be on board.

But me and you both know it's not. You and me both know that the movement is made up disgruntled single men who were dumped, or divorced, or had their heart broken in one way or another, and choosing to "hate women ironically" is the one thing that makes them feel good.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not saying she wasn't accepting his viewpoints, i'm saying that the student most likely made the paper with the intent of trigger her or to be controversial.

He probably likes to listen to True Capitalist Radio as well I bet. These people aren't that hard to spot in a crowd.
    And how exactly is feminism not the same then? At least males have some legit things to be disgruntled about like parental rights favouring females very often for no apparent reason then them being a female, or males have no reproductive rights to speak of.
    What feminism has brought us is them wanting equal outcome, like, more woman in politics or more woman on the board of big companies, that has nothing to do with equal opportunity.

If a professor cannot entertain ideas contrary to their subject matter, then they are a bad professor and have no business teaching or being part of academia.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Of course, but that's assuming the student knew much, if anything about the teachers background. Odds are he didn't and just wanted to piss off the professor. Honestly, I'd probably take a gender studies course just to troll the teacher and all the students who take that garbage seriously as well. I mean, the odds of having some crazed feminist for a teacher in a program like that is very high.

On the flip side, the teacher has to give a very valid reason for giving the student a failing grade on what looks to be an opinion paper, otherwise the student could go and file a complaint against the professor.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2017-04-23 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peskre View Post
    Sounds like his a good fucking writer! hope he writes fantasy novels later in life i want the experience of a dragon attacking me. Lmao

Why are unstable people allowed to teach? Doesn't college cost a shit ton of money as well, i would have been fucking pissed.
    Most feminist and womens studies classes are echo chambers led by figures who are typically incapable of debate who have a largely "I'm right you're wrong" mentality whenever presented with information they do not agree with.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course, but that's assuming the student knew much, if anything about the teachers background. Odds are he didn't and just wanted to piss off the professor. Honestly, I'd probably take a gender studies course just to troll the teacher and all the students who take that garbage seriously.
    Its not trolling to present differing viewpoints. Especially in a college setting.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Most feminist and womens studies classes are echo chambers led by figures who are typically incapable of debate who have a largely "I'm right you're wrong" mentality whenever presented with information they do not agree with.

- - - Updated - - -

Its not trolling to present differing viewpoints. Especially in a college setting.
    Well, it is if you know it will piss someone off. It's inadvertently trolling anyway.

Well, it is if you know it will piss someone off. It's inadvertently trolling anyway.
    The point is that a professional in a academic system is not supposed to be pissed when presented with differing viewpoints. One of the core points of going to university is learning to be critical and open.

That is an odd conclusion to make from that quote.
    Well, you don't want to let her do her job ? What do you expect her to do ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    There's offence and then there's being in a position to cause people to fail their education because she can't control herself.
    Seems she controlled herself just fine ... even admitted the fault was hers and got help, talked about it ....

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well, you don't want to let her do her job ? What do you expect her to do ?

- - - Updated - - -

Seems she controlled herself just fine ... even admitted the fault was hers and got help, talked about it ....
    Something else that she is actually qualified to do without screwing over a third party (the students)!? If you get triggered this hard by something you teach as a freaking professor on a god damned university then you are not capable of preforming your job. Do you not think that people who pay a large sum of money in order to be taught at a university deserve a competent professor?

Something else that she is actually qualified to do without screwing over a third party (the students)!? If you get triggered this hard by something you teach as a freaking professor on a god damned university then you are not capable of preforming your job. Do you not think that people who pay a large sum of money in order to be taught at a university deserve a competent professor?
    Not to mention what other bias does she have that she's not noticing? If she can only teach and grade those she agrees with, does she need to be where she is?

Something else that she is actually qualified to do without screwing over a third party (the students)!?
    So, a woman gets raped - she is penalised by losing her job? That doesn't seem entirely reasonable.

MAYBE, better support and help would be more productive.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

I think she should resign and seek professional help.

She is very clearly projecting her feelings about a rapist onto this innocent student.

That is completely unacceptable for a professor.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    So, a woman gets raped - she is penalised by losing her job? That doesn't seem entirely reasonable.

MAYBE, better support and help would be more productive.
    She shouldn't be teaching sensitive subjects if she knows that she is going to get responses that don't fit her rather narrow worldview.

She shouldn't be teaching sensitive subjects if she knows that she is going to get responses that don't fit her rather narrow worldview.
    Well, seems she had no idea .... she learned, she admitted the problem, she got help.... she did nothing wrong.

Be reasonable.
    Be compassionate.
    Be rational.

Feminists seem to continually get annoyed that men don't "get it" and are feeling attacked - even though they clearly often state that they don't mean "all men".

I feel there should be a feminist sanity check. Whenever someone writes a feminist post or article etc, they should change each time they say "men" to "black people" and then see how much of a racist lunatic they sound.

Then when people talk about "rape culture amongst black people" and not being able to trust black people anymore as they feel they're just waiting for an opportune moment to rape them, then we'll see if for what it is. Bigotry and prejudice. We can also talk about Blacksplaining - It's when a black person tries to explain something to you not realising that, as a white person, you probably know everything they do already.

Maybe MTV can even do a "New Years Resolutions for Black People" video.

Obviously, I don't mean "all black people", but if you're getting offended by this post you're probably one of them, you're clearly one of THOSE black people.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!