Thread: Rogue quest OP?

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    They are not weak. If a deck is literally in every 2 games that I play, it's not weak. I can only win against them if I get an aggro deck and destroy them before they can complete their quests. Otherwise its HAHA, 5 damage, shadowstep, HAHA, 5 damage, shadowstep, HAHA, 5 damage, shadowstep, pig, pig, ded.
    You should try actually playing it, and realising that these scenarios you hate where rogues have their quest done right on or before 5 then burst you all the way down with charge next turn are GOD-DRAW SITUATIONS.

You'll realise your mistake if you try to play it and your bounce isn't in your opening couple draws, or when you start a bounce chain and your opponent Dirty Rat's your minion back onto the board and kills it. There's a reason it has a sub-50% winrate.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    They are but I think what he meant was that Blizzard literally has a desktop app that can change a card in a few seconds. Like make boom bots 3/3 and so on. How those changes are pushed to the public servers and who has the rights is another question though.
    Mmmmm. They probably do. Regardless of the Rogue quest, I'm still in the camp of "they should do balance patches more often."

Although it's only been like 2 weeks of Un'Goro, it feels to me like we've had this patch forever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    @icedwarrior showed me this link which seems to be where that guy got his chart.

http://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-d...per-report-44/
    Alright I'm gonna pick one or some of the decks from this list and try them out. I'm looking for any cheap aggro deck that tells Quest Rogue to fuck off. Specifically Quest Rogue. I don't care if I lose to everyone else as long as I get an 80%+ win rate against Quest Rogue.

If any of you guys have recommendations [that don't include Dirty Rat] lemme know.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by braxkedren View Post
    Going to have to say the current meta of Murloc Shaman is insanely faster than Quest Rogue. By turn 5 you can be at 10 health and they pop the main Murloc and refill their hand.
    Don't forget the one that Adapts all Murloc's on the board.

Wowowowowow.

(Time stamp is 4 hours ahead cause I forgot to reset it on W10.)

Wow Rogues have such a hard time completing the quest that the first one I meet tonight does it on turn 4. I should play the lotto, according to you guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh. My. Gawd. (Link.) Another Quest Rogue completes the quest on their turn 4 (my turn 3) tonight.

Do you think the stores are closed yet for me to buy that lotto ticket?

Wowowowowow.

*Snip*
    Confirmation. Bias.

Rogues completing the quest at turn 5 or earlier a handful of times does not disprove videos, streams, screenshots of rogue players also getting awful draws. Sucks that bad luck happens to you against rogues (or good luck happens for the rogue against you), but the deck is still far from a 'tier 1' deck, or even a deck that has solid consistency.
    Last edited by Pantalaimon; 2017-04-23 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Confirmation. Bias.

Rogues completing the quest at turn 5 or earlier a handful of times does not disprove videos, streams, screenshots of rogue players also getting awful draws. Sucks that bad luck happens to you against rogues (or good luck happens for the rogue against you), but the deck is still far from a 'tier 1' deck, or even a deck that has solid consistency.
    Maybe I don't have a huge enough sample size but I don't curbstomp them. I rarely win against Rogues. I played a lot on mobile so I don't have HS Deck Tracker to tell me about that, but I went 0-3 with a Midrange Hunter just now. A good deck I pulled from Hearthpwn. A Midrange Hunter that I went 5-3 with otherwise. All my losses were from Rogues. (Third Rogue actually wasn't Quest Rogue, though.)

Maybe I don't have a huge enough sample size but I don't curbstomp them. I rarely win against Rogues. I played a lot on mobile so I don't have HS Deck Tracker to tell me about that, but I went 0-3 with a Midrange Hunter just now. A good deck I pulled from Hearthpwn. A Midrange Hunter that I went 5-3 with otherwise. All my losses were from Rogues. (Third Rogue actually wasn't Quest Rogue, though.)
    I think you are just unlucky or the deck you chose wasn't well optimized. For example I'm unsure why you are just running one crackling razormaw.

15+ Year Old Account
    You lost the one you posted a screenshot of because the rogue had very, very good luck with his draw.

Igneous, Flame Fly AND Shadowstep all in his opener /shrug
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Confirmation. Bias.

Confirmation bias he yells and then cites videos, streams, and screetshots as "evidence." As if we couldn't just as easily summon catalogs of screenshots, videos, and whatever of the exact opposite. I honestly cannot even remember the last time I saw a quest rogue not finish their quest on T5.

Confirmation bias he yells and then cites videos, streams, and screetshots as "evidence." As if we couldn't just as easily summon catalogs of screenshots, videos, and whatever of the exact opposite. I honestly cannot even remember the last time I saw a quest rogue not finish their quest on T5.
    The point is that even with all of the accounts of rogues completing by turn 5 or sooner there are just as many recorded instances of that not happening. Nice try though. Having a bunch of players scream about their anecdotes facing god-draw rogues does not mean that all rogues are having the same type of experience, nor does it prevent rogues from drawing poorly & having multiple bounce cards in the last 10 cards of the deck.

Rogues don't just magically cycle through their decks before the games start to automatically draw everything they need, they are still just as much at the mercy of the mulligan and draw rng. In fact, I find it amusing that when other decks cried that drawing specific cards to counter something was hard (such as when control decks stated it was hard to draw into those few anti-aggro tools from their decks) and then we get the Quest Rogue that also must draw certain cards early on from their decks to win and suddenly people are saying that rogues are always drawing those few cards from the deck. The comparison between those two types of scenarios & how players view the chances of drawing into specific cards in the early game makes me chuckle.
    Last edited by Pantalaimon; 2017-04-24 at 04:57 AM.

Deleted
    Having a bunch of players scream about their anecdotes facing god-draw rogues does not mean that all rogues are having the same type of experience, nor does it prevent rogues from drawing poorly & having multiple bounce cards in the last 10 cards of the deck.
    Funnily enough all the mumbling about how the deck sucks when rogues draw badly fall into the exact same category of anecdotes, no matter how many times you jump in to repeat them. Speaking of which, nobody cares what happens when they draw badly. EVERY deck sucks when it draws badly.

In fact, I find it amusing that when other decks cried that drawing specific cards to counter something was hard (such as when control decks stated it was hard to draw into those few anti-aggro tools from their decks) and then we get the Quest Rogue that also must draw certain cards early on from their decks to win and suddenly people are saying that rogues are always drawing those few cards from the deck.
    What you say might have some merit if the two were even remotely comparable. The number of means that the quest rogue has to complete its quest to the number of hard counters that pirate warrior, for instance, had doesn't even compare. Especially since you are further limited by the fact that your deck, while countering something like a pirate warrior, has to still pass against other decks as well. The quest rogue has no such problem.

The comparison between those two types of scenarios & how players view the chances of drawing into specific cards in the early game makes me chuckle.
    It's almost as funny as watching the near zealous fervor by which you guys are jumping on the quest rogue issue. As if you were almost afraid it might have merit after all unless you squelch it immediately. You're not even citing any sensible data anymore, rather you're talking about screenshots and videos. Trust me, you're not the only one laughing.

Just want to balance this out a bit about the turn 4/5 completion with my own anecdotal evidence. I log in this morning and get the "play shaman cards" daily quest so i fire up my rubbish Shaman control/burst deck which I rushed together and face a quest rogue, I thought I had no chance but decided to play out the game just to get the cards played for my daily. Turn 8 only 2/4 completed of quest, then i think it was turn 13/14 and he still hadn't completed and I put him out of his misery.

Funnily enough all the mumbling about how the deck sucks when rogues draw badly fall into the exact same category of anecdotes, no matter how many times you jump in to repeat them. Speaking of which, nobody cares what happens when they draw badly. EVERY deck sucks when it draws badly.

What you say might have some merit if the two were even remotely comparable. The number of means that the quest rogue has to complete its quest to the number of hard counters that pirate warrior, for instance, had doesn't even compare. Especially since you are further limited by the fact that your deck, while countering something like a pirate warrior, has to still pass against other decks as well. The quest rogue has no such problem.

It's almost as funny as watching the near zealous fervor by which you guys are jumping on the quest rogue issue. As if you were almost afraid it might have merit after all unless you squelch it immediately. You're not even citing any sensible data anymore, rather you're talking about screenshots and videos. Trust me, you're not the only one laughing.
    Quest rogue has a sub 50% winrate in quite literally all ranks. Also whikebits true that all decks draw badly, drawing well is more important in quest rogue. Yes the deck feels unfair to play against, but the complains are overblown.

Deleted
    Wowowowowow.

http://i.imgur.com/AJNugdF.png

(Time stamp is 4 hours ahead cause I forgot to reset it on W10.)

Wow Rogues have such a hard time completing the quest that the first one I meet tonight does it on turn 4. I should play the lotto, according to you guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh. My. Gawd. (Link.) Another Quest Rogue completes the quest on their turn 4 (my turn 3) tonight.

Do you think the stores are closed yet for me to buy that lotto ticket?
    Like i said many times. Only because of the elementals pack

Igneous elemental on turn 3 is pretty much a guaranteed quest. But i got countered 2 times yesterday in a complete ownage way.
    A Shaman Hexed my igneous elemental AND a priest stole my elemental with a potion of madness and killed it with one of my minions....giving him instead of me all the elementals.

I got owned

It actually is important to highlight the result of the Quest Rogue drawing badly. The reason for this, as already stated by @Hombregato , is that the deck absolutely deepnds on getting not just as okay draw, but a good draw if it is going to win against ANY deck. We're not simply talking about something like Taunt Warrior that might get a bad draw, resulting in them having a later quest completion before they win (yet still do okay if they draw into useful cards in the mid game). Quest Rogue only has any use and chance of winning if it completes the quest. Otherwise, it is a terrible deck that is more or less full of weenie vanilla minions with awful synergy. It isn't just "Quest Rogue is bad if it draws like just like any other deck." It is more like "If I draw the perfect few cards I need then I win, if not I stand no chance of beating real competitive decks & I just flat out lose in all situations."

Actually no, I'm not afraid of some little 'issue' about a deck in a digital card game, that would be a tad ludicrous. However, I am opposed to people trying to pass bandwagon opinions off as objective matter-of-fact truth simply because they complain about it enough. Any logical person should be put off by such weak arguements. For some reason there is a trend in today's society that if you see or hear 'a lot of people' (whatever that is) complaining about a single thing then that means that there must be enough truth in their claims to state that it is happening to most people. Sorry, but that is uneducated and unsubstantiated bullshit if you're trying to look at something objectively. Players did this same exact thing with Raging Worgen Warriors, "Oh noes! The current meta says I can't tech in taunts to counter the odd Raging Worgen match-up because it will make my other match-ups bad. Therefore, the inconsistent warrior otk is unstoppable! Blizz, help! Nerfhammer them!" You had a minority group of players whine about a deck that was not even a tier 2 deck, saying that it was ruining the game & ladder, partially factoring into Blizzard's decision to nerf a small handful of cards & dismantle a deck.

In the end strong negative opinions about a deck or card, no matter how often stated as the topic of various forum threads, does not automatically equates into the deck objectively being what the opinion-givers state the deck as. If you're not going to believe what just as many other posters here are saying about the deck being more inconsistent than your average deck, and you're not going to believe popular streamers who state that the deck is not a tier one deck, and suffers from inconsistency, AND even then you won't believe that the Quest Rogue deck suffers from these problems when said streamers publicly show games where they stomp the deck (with warrior, paladin, lock, etc), as well as what other posters have already linked about the deck netting sub 50% win rates (or lower) then I don't know what else to say to you.
    Last edited by Pantalaimon; 2017-04-24 at 04:38 PM.

Anyone currently playing Quest Rogue can probably tell you that it's basically becoming more and more worthless. The meta has shifted to the point where almost every deck I see now almost seems designed to counter my quest rogue. I literally played a game yesterday where I drew 2 shadowsteps and a brewmaster in my opening hand, had played 4 of the same minion by turn 3, and still lost the game.

Ever since I got 5 stars into rank 6, literally one game away from rank 5, I've been sliding down the ladder. Literally from rank 6 to rank 8 and then stuck at ranks 7 and 8. I know how to play this deck, I know how to mulligan, and this deck just cannot climb past rank 7 now.

No, Quest Rogue is not OP. The meta has adjusted for it and those of us that dumped all of our resources into making a quest rogue deck are now fucked until the next expansion (unless we want to drop $50-$400 just to remain competitive). Those of you still having issues with quest rogues? Yeah, you're in the same spot we are.

Hell, the best games I see now are other quest rogues, because I know that I actually have a chance against them since they're just as much at the whim of bad RNG as I am.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Anyone currently playing Quest Rogue can probably tell you that it's basically becoming more and more worthless. The meta has shifted to the point where almost every deck I see now almost seems designed to counter my quest rogue. I literally played a game yesterday where I drew 2 shadowsteps and a brewmaster in my opening hand, had played 4 of the same minion by turn 3, and still lost the game.

Ever since I got 5 stars into rank 6, literally one game away from rank 5, I've been sliding down the ladder. Literally from rank 6 to rank 8 and then stuck at ranks 7 and 8. I know how to play this deck, I know how to mulligan, and this deck just cannot climb past rank 7 now.

No, Quest Rogue is not OP. The meta has adjusted for it and those of us that dumped all of our resources into making a quest rogue deck are now fucked until the next expansion (unless we want to drop $50-$400 just to remain competitive). Those of you still having issues with quest rogues? Yeah, you're in the same spot we are.

Hell, the best games I see now are other quest rogues, because I know that I actually have a chance against them since they're just as much at the whim of bad RNG as I am.
    But shouldn't it be considered OP if the entire meta shifts into countering it? OP is not the same as immortal.
    A deck that will make everyone make decks to counter it should be considered OP imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    But shouldn't it be considered OP if the entire meta shifts into countering it? OP is not the same as immortal.
    A deck that will make everyone make decks to counter it should be considered OP imo.
    Not necessarily. A deck can be good and effective (not OP), and just be so common because it is effective in a meta that people catch on to hone in on a weakness of that type of deck. Take N'Zoth decks back in WotOGs for an example. N'Zoth decks were very popular (in terms of the control players that still decided to try control in a meta with aggro shaman kicking around), and pretty much every control player included things like Dirty Rat, and even MC Tech, to try to proactively counter a N'Zoth play (or reactively in the case of MC Tech). Does this mean that N'Zoth was OP for control mirror match-ups simply because all of the control portion of the meta started working to counter it?

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    If the meta can so easily shift to countering an "OP" deck, then it's not really OP. All of these other decks? They're still strong decks regardless of Quest Rogue. These decks would've came about eventually anyway and the meta would be in the same state.

So, no, it's not OP. It was never OP. It was strong for maybe 2 weeks and now it's one of the weaker decks in the meta.

Side rant:

I feel sorry for anyone who blew all of their dust making a Quest Rogue deck, like I did. I'm basically fucked until the next expansion, because there's no way I'm spending another $50-$400 just to have enough dust to make a paladin murloc deck that can take me to legend, with enough left over to make another deck when the meta shifts again.

I cannot fucking stand how RNG this game is. Every game I play, I either get a bad draw, the opponent gets a good draw, or I'm just playing against a really strong deck. I plowed my way up to rank 6, even getting 5 stars in it, and then, from that moment, I've been sliding down and hovering all around ranks 7 and 8. I'm losing more than I'm winning and it's pissing me off every single time I play. This game is fucking terrible and I sincerely hope it dies. Unfortunately, too many people have already sunk enough money into the game that they're just going to continue supporting it, continue spending tons of money, and it's never going to change. I just wish I could find a good mobile game to replace it with.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2017-04-24 at 10:00 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    I never stopped playing Pirate Warrior explicitly because of Quest Rogue and its popularity.

Easier wins are harder to come by.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.