Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel more alienated in my class hall than I did in my garrison! And in my garrison I was surrounded by NPCS. Thats how bad it is. The garrison felt alive. Order halls are so anti social and cold. Barren.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I hate it, one of the best things about garrisons was that you were alone unless you invited somebody (and if you wanted a crowd you could just go to the expansion capital, or an older capital). Now you're surrounded by random players in the class garrison and it destroys any immersion when (using the Paladin as an example) there are more Ashbringers in the building than NPCs.

Deleted
    No. In eight months I don't think anyone ever said a word while I was there. That fosters zero community sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    As a paladin, I feel like I'm in a community of poorly dressed clowns (myself not included, obviously) who live in a basement with an inexplicable cow infestation.

Seriously, tauren should not have been allowed to be paladins.
    I agree. My paladin alt cringes seeing moo-cows wandering about clip clopping especially in a place so important.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    I hate it, one of the best things about garrisons was that you were alone unless you invited somebody (and if you wanted a crowd you could just go to the expansion capital, or an older capital). Now you're surrounded by random players in the class garrison and it destroys any immersion when (using the Paladin as an example) there are more Ashbringers in the building than NPCs.
    Thats where all the class/order halls have failed for me, you are just one of many copy and pastes. No sense. So many wielders of the same damn artifact

I feel part of a community in the same places I always did; In my guild and my friendslist.

Even before automated group tools, other players are merely a sign that there are others online. For the community feel I need to actually interact with others. Which I do when I feel like it, there's literally nothing stopping people from interacting with one another other than their own issues.

Still, Order Hall >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Garrison.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Still, Order Hall >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Garrison.
    Why? and also, what is the big difference between them?
    The only thing that is better, is that they are far less mandatory for gameplay that in WOD, but appart from that they are more or less the same, only that in garrisons you could be alone if you chose to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    I like this too, especially the transmog. Get loads of ideas/inspiration just from going to my class hall lol
    Yes, but Dalaran specially and the world in general already provide you with that

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Why? and also, what is the big difference between them?
    The only thing that is better, is that they are far less mandatory for gameplay that in WOD, but appart from that they are more or less the same, only that in garrisons you could be alone if you chose to.
    Never thought I'd see the day where people look back on the Garrison with nostalgia...

I can be alone in-game if I want to even today, only I prefer to see the world be alive most of the time. The Garrison was a shitty idea in a shitty expansion which saw this game on its knees. The Order Hall is a uniquely themed base for each class.

If you like the Garrison so much, go back and sit in it I suppose?

Part of a community in my order hall? You serious? Like, really?

1st - it is MY order hall
    2nd - it is ME who was elected to guide them
    3rd - Leader does not need to "commune" with underlings (they do behave like that sitting in front of map/upgrade)
    4th - *I* was hand picked to lead that miserable bunch of losers against legion.
    5th - they are just a background for MY awesomeness.

Deleted
    If you like the Garrison so much, go back and sit in it I suppose?
    That is not what i said and i do not know where do you get that idea, i am just saying they are the same thing, except you can not be alone, and they are not filled with ultra mandatory crap for the rest of the gameplay, but still i can not see the difference that made you say that class halls are far better than garrisons.

- - - Updated - - -

The Garrison was a shitty idea in a shitty expansion which saw this game on its knees. The Order Hall is a uniquely themed base for each class.
    It is the exact same idea with a different implementation, the same click to play game it was in WOD, only less invasive.

In the first week or so, I was in my order hall and I was looking at the scouting map, i got up to piss and came back and... 2 of my biggest rivals on the Alliance side were sitting right there, also looking at the scouting map... I was disgusted.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Our Order Hall makes no sense, as a Warrior I'm in Valhalla with a bunch of dead Vrykul as the lone living greatest Warrior on Azeroth, along with all the others that is. I don't care for it. Dalaran is messed up too due to the instancing Blizzard does, you could be on a high pop server and there might only be 5 people in your Dalaran, not even your guildies in the same phase as you. As apposed to ya know, putting everyone on the server in the same Dalaran so it at least looks populated, like in WOTLK.

This aspect of the game is a load of shite.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It is the exact same idea with a different implementation
    Actually Order Halls are vastly inferior to Garrisons because your chosen vanity pets don't wander around exploring

That is not what i said and i do not know where do you get that idea, i am just saying they are the same thing, except you can not be alone, and they are not filled with ultra mandatory crap for the rest of the gameplay, but still i can not see the difference that made you say that class halls are far better than garrisons.

- - - Updated - - -

It is the exact same idea with a different implementation, the same click to play game it was in WOD, only less invasive.
    Order Halls are not only less "invasive", but also send you out into the world whereas Garrisons encouraged you to never leave. Of course the INTERFACE of the Order Hall mission table is the same, how the hell should they have done it and still have it fill the purpose it's meant to fill?? Saying it's the "exact same idea" though is quite hilarious when no, you're not playing Legion in any shape or form the same way you did WoD with its Garrison. Want materials? Go out and get them. Want order resources to use the mission table? Go out and get them.

Order Halls >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Garrisons both in implementation, idea and function. If you disagree with that, that's your problem and not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    Those players could be bots/npcs and I wouldn't notice. How do you feel?
    I hate the fact that they are crossrealm. Can't make up a community if you literally never see the same person twice.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    I hate the fact that they are crossrealm. Can't make up a community if you literally never see the same person twice.
    I more than often see the same people in my Order hall.
    The perks of playing on a populated server I suppose. Not that it matters to me since seeing the same names doesn't have to equal me interacting with them... which I am willing to bet is the same for most players...

Deleted
    Order Halls >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Garrisons both in implementation, idea and function. If you disagree with that, that's your problem and not mine.
    First, disagreeing with someone about something it is not a problem, at least not for me.
    Second, i do agree that the implementation is far superior in class halls, but to me the idea it is the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RadmaKanow View Post
    Part of a community in my order hall? You serious? Like, really?

1st - it is MY order hall
    2nd - it is ME who was elected to guide them
    3rd - Leader does not need to "commune" with underlings (they do behave like that sitting in front of map/upgrade)
    4th - *I* was hand picked to lead that miserable bunch of losers against legion.
    5th - they are just a background for MY awesomeness.
    Well........ this guy is telling the truth to be fair XD Lorewise, the order hall shuold be us and npc, just like garrison.

I haven't played for awhile now, but when I was in the order hall I didn't notice other people any more than I do in capital cities. Maybe if someone has a transmog that stands out I'll take a look, or if I see an existing guildy/friend.

But otherwise it's a bunch of random people that I couldn't give two jackal asses about. It's about as effective at creating community as no-flying is. Which is to say, not at all.

Don't get me wrong though. I like the order hall. I think it's cool that each class gets kind of its own story and base of operations. But I could do without the mission table garrison nonsense. The community aspect just doesn't come into the equation.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-04-24 at 11:38 AM.

What? No ofcourse not.
    You don't interact with people at all.
    Could've just been a empty room, would've been exactly the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    But I could do without the mission table garrison nonsense.
    That is the only gameplay it provides, if not for that my chars would be parked at the Dalaran Inn, and in my case it is paying my sub and making me filthy rich.