Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    >when you die you lose all of your equipped items and items in your bags(these items have a chance of dropping on your corpse)
    >only one raid difficulty with harm modes for select bosses
    >all servers become pvp servers

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Banning people in WoW would likely result in more whining/toxic/crybaby threads on these forums, not less.
    Eh I'd be okay with the 1 per person till they moved on hopefully. See a lot of the same people complaining about x y and z every patch/expac because it's not tailor fit to their FB game lifestyle.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Here are my 3, what are yours?

• Merge servers into Mega Servers - This would bring back more of a community that WoW has lost since TBC
    • Remove Queable raids and dungeons - This would further improve community by forcing players to group up and interact on their server
    • Item Squish (down to TBC Levels) - Almost EVERYONE agrees this is in the best interest of the game going forward.
    Merging/Mega servers (which will happen eventually one way or another) will probably be the death - the ACTUAL death - of WPvP. In the few that I have played in other games, WPvP is more of a phase than a realm... So anyone tired of WPvP hassles will phase to a PvE realm in a heartbeat and never be seen again. Blizzard could offset this by making PvE and PvP mega severs distinct, but by that point in the games life I doubt that they would bother.

Removing queues will simply cause WoW subs to plummet beyond critical mass, so if this ever actually happens, it means that Blizzard has become truly desperate. And if they reach that point, almost any benefit gained would probably be destroyed by a host of other desperate decisions.

They may as well go ahead and item squish I guess... Because things like mob scaling will eventually cause the numbers to be meaningless anyway.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2017-04-25 at 12:07 AM.

• Merge servers into Mega Servers - This would bring back more of a community that WoW has lost since TBC
    It wouldn't. At best, it would likely bring the return only a meager amount of players. As for "server communities", nothing would change. People would still server migrate, and would still name-change. Especially now that those servers can be bought with WoW tokens.
    • Remove Queable raids and dungeons - This would further improve community by forcing players to group up and interact on their server
    "Forcing" people to interact won't make this a better game. Not to mention it would cause participating in dungeons and raids to plummet.
    • Item Squish (down to TBC Levels) - Almost EVERYONE agrees this is in the best interest of the game going forward.
    You're wrong. This is the first time ever I even see 'item squish' being mentioned as a 'reason to leave' or even a 'reason for the WoW downfall'. At all. If it was true that "almost everyone agrees", you'd figure it would be a commonly discussed topic... yet it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    remove
    the
    casuals
    Or, in other words:
    kill
    the
    game

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock[*
    Item Squish Almost EVERYONE agrees this is in the best interest of the game going forward.[/LIST]
    Woops! You used a baseless opinion here. Woops!

Here are my 3, what are yours?

Honorable mention:

- Add Tier set Transmogs to the Cash Shop - This is kinda of a quality of life thing. I'd most certainly pay for some tier sets I don't want to farm.

There very well could be more, but these are the 3 that I think would make the most impact and wouldn't take much for Blizzard to do.
    I agree Jay. Megaserver tech would be cool. ESO has it and it's pretty cool running into players most of the time and grouping up with them.

Again agreed. Queues have ruined this game imo. I never really talk to people any more in dungeons.

Again I totally agree. Numbers have gotten way out of hand and need squishing properly this time.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I love to see all these "We need WoW 2.0", there won't be any difference.
    The graphics are supposed to be "cartoony", doesnt matter what engine you run, if the art style is one way, it will not look different on any other engine.
    Item level issues will be solved. No. It will just be post poned until expansions starts popping again and you will sit with the same issue once again, not a solution.

People would be surprised if they actually had to work in the games industry how much tweaked this game is.
    Just because someone has 10 ideas that might be good, it's not enough to make an entire game.
    "Just do this and it will be fixed!", yeah that works on smaller scale stuff, like fix a car, fixing an entire brand... totally different thing :>

/Rant

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    remove
    the
    casuals
    Who would provide the money needed to support you elites? Not enough of you to fund yourselves, you are so, so needy!

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    2.Forcing people to manually group =/= people interacting with one-another in a meaningful, deep-running way.
    Oh yes it does. People MUST be forced to group manually. I will happily show everyone that dislikes this change the door, because WoW will gain vastly more subs than it loses. If you dislike it and want to leave wow, by all means do.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Meh, how cares? Can't be many people playing anyway. They killed the game a long time ago.

I disagree with the op.

My three would be:

1) scale everything
    2) account bound things as much as possible (account bound rep, etc)
    3) Don't abandon settings

What I mean in 3 is use your world. There are all these great, well designed zones that nobody goes to because it is level 35-40 (for example). Add new max level storylines and wq's to those areas. Add new "wings" or areas to dungeons. Let's adventure with some of our old friends again.

As you can see #1 is designed to work in tandem with #3.

As for everyone that doesn't like scaling: make an option to turn it off (many games have this already).

My top three things that I'd do to improve the game?

Stop trying to re-create nostalgia:
    WoW will never again be vanilla again. The community has evolved. The genre has evolved. The technology is no longer limited like it was back then. By attempting to turn back the clock all you're doing is making the game worse. This includes everything from removing flight to trying to force players to dungeon entrances to run content.

Stop trying to artificially slow down player progress:
    We get it! Subscription profits are important. They fund the game and future development. But FFS, how about trying to encourage players to keep their sub by making a better game instead of resorting to so much filler bullshit and time-gating? So what if people run out of things to do. If the content that gets released is good, they'll return.

Stop spending so much dev time on short term, disposable, super-linear, no-replay-value content!
    Outside of repeatable World Quests, the entire open world is one big fat waste of space. After you play it once it's value drops dramatically. Why not allow players an option to scale the open world up to their equipped gear, with rewards to match the added challenge? Why not allow players to reset their quest progress and start over with a scaled up world in a New Game+ mode? Or add "Torment Levels" to the open world like D3. Or something to make use of all that dev time spent on the open world.

7+ Year Old Account
    1. Allow cross server groups for all levels of group content.
    2. Remove all forms of "garrison" style content.
    3. Stop trying to balance pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I agree Jay. Megaserver tech would be cool. ESO has it and it's pretty cool running into players most of the time and grouping up with them.

Again agreed. Queues have ruined this game imo. I never really talk to people any more in dungeons.

Again I totally agree. Numbers have gotten way out of hand and need squishing properly this time.

Just curious, why have ques made it so you don't talk to people? I use LFG semi-frequently and almost always talk. I have actually met quite a few of my friends that way....

We also pug on our raid team (for farm nights) to meet new people as well.

There is nothing in the in game systems that stops (or makes it any harder) for you to talk/ socialize.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly there is only one thing that can improve WoW in my eyes, and unfortunately it goes against Blizzard's #1 policy.

They need to put the game second. All they focus on is gameplay, gameplay, gameplay. That sounds good on paper, but when you try your hardest to balance every little thing and control and direct every scenario the players will find themselves in, the game looses something you can't measure, the heart. It's especially true with open world and online games. When designing an area, design the story of the area, don't look at how the players will progress, how to evenly spread xp and loot, or how to direct the player to this mob or optional quest. Let them find it out for themselves. When you are designing a new class, have fun and be original. Make something that is unique and cool to play, it doesn't have to be balanced at first or fill a niche, as long as it feels special. Honestly, things like that are why I love Bethesda so much as a developer. They make the games THEY want, and they turn out so good. Its how WoW became so popular, too. Random loot halfway across the world to unlock quests, classes so different even a spec change felt like a different game, story through immersion rather than cinematics and narration...THAT is how you make a game. Don't appease the whiny casuals, don't appease the elitist min-maxers. Appease yourselves, and just roll with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only change I think they should do for WoW wouldn't be a permanent one (and also is one they would never do because of lost revenue)... Give 1 week of free realm xfers (1 per character that was created before the event started) so that people can move mains/alts to and from realms that they're stuck on. My old realm pretty much died at the end of MoP and was getting worse and worse as WoD went on. I'd love to get the rest of my alts into my new guild/realm, but I don't feel like spending $25x7 to move them.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

1. Being able to transmog and barber anywhere. (Without a mount.)
    2. Barber to include gender, race, and class changes. (Insert stipulation.)
    3. Being able to use more special letters/characters in names. ( - , ' , spaces)

Honorable mentions:
    More emotes with animation/voice.
    Sharing mail across all characters. (All tab, This Character tab.)
    Improved Summoning Stones/Portals - One click, sends a summon request to -all- raid members -not- in the nearby instance.
    Improved World Portals - like Eng portals, can choose any location from any mage or capitol portal to another such location.
    Improved Guilds with more symbol options/customization and items that use the guild emblem. More Guild achievements. Guild Castle that we can siege against other guilds, or throw parties in - such as during a holiday, when we down a boss, reach that MMR, or when someone has a birthday. (Option to make guild area public, or private.)
    Transfers to servers where friends have characters - free. (Insert stipulation.)
    Being able to save a base set of options (auto-loot, setting chat to show class colors, etc.) to auto-apply for each new character, not just key-binds.
    Being able to use the same name on all my characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zetitup View Post
    I love to see all these "We need WoW 2.0", there won't be any difference.
    There will.
    The graphics are supposed to be "cartoony", doesnt matter what engine you run, if the art style is one way, it will not look different on any other engine.
    Well then I guess it's a good thing the engine effects a whole fucking shitload of things other than graphics style then, isn't it? I didn't mention graphics at all.

A new engine can fix physics limitations, modeling limitations for example... For a specific example, we don't have real robes in this game because of modeling limitations and physics/clipping issues.. Robes are just a stretchy texture wrapped around our legs... This is what the Judgment set's "robe" is supposed to look like:

That is Blizzard's official modern design of Judgment armor. It's a longcoat in the back with a tabard hanging down in front, the sides are supposed to be open, you can see his legs, covered in scale mail and plate armor. This is how ALL paladin plate "robes" are supposed to look, but don't because the engine isn't advanced enough to support it properly.

This is what it looks like in game:

Stretchy texture wrapped around our legs... And we still get plate "robes" that look like this even in today's content, because the engine can't support anything else. And this goes for every armor type... We could get real robes and coats for cloth, leather, and mail wearers too, like they have in GW2 for example.

Item level issues will be solved. No. It will just be post poned until expansions starts popping again and you will sit with the same issue once again, not a solution.
    Linear scaling is a solution, we have exponential scaling right now, that's why Blizzard is planning another stat squish... Stat squishes wont ever be remotely necessary with linear scaling.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-04-25 at 12:30 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Or, instead of making massive servers for no reason, we could remove CRZ and stupid phasing, so that we can actually have a sense of community with the server we chose.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    2.Forcing people to manually group =/= people interacting with one-another in a meaningful, deep-running way.
    Any idiot having been present before automatic grouping tools came along, should know that the whole rose-shimmering idea where everyone became buddies upon grouping up and moving to a dungeon holds little to no truth. Want to be social and interact? Then do it, there's literally nothing stopping you. Don't blame your own social ineptitude on game features.
    Yep pretty much, more like read trade chat in Dalaran/Shattrah all day to find a group.. I dont miss that time