Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

3 Changes that would IMPROVE WoW

Here are my 3, what are yours?

• Merge servers into Mega Servers - This would bring back more of a community that WoW has lost since TBC
    • Remove Queable raids and dungeons - This would further improve community by forcing players to group up and interact on their server
    • Item Squish (down to TBC Levels) - Almost EVERYONE agrees this is in the best interest of the game going forward.

Honorable mention:

- Add Tier set Transmogs to the Cash Shop - This is kinda of a quality of life thing. I'd most certainly pay for some tier sets I don't want to farm.

There very well could be more, but these are the 3 that I think would make the most impact and wouldn't take much for Blizzard to do.
    Last edited by Jaylock; 2017-04-24 at 11:17 PM.

remove
    the
    casuals

This is one dank ass meme

1) sure
    2) worst change ever
    3) will probably happen anyway.

1.Making every region one massive server would promote a community? Ok, that's just not what would happen. There'd be more people, but the way people interact and create communities within the game would remain the same. See point below.

2.Forcing people to manually group =/= people interacting with one-another in a meaningful, deep-running way.
    Any idiot having been present before automatic grouping tools came along, should know that the whole rose-shimmering idea where everyone became buddies upon grouping up and moving to a dungeon holds little to no truth. Want to be social and interact? Then do it, there's literally nothing stopping you. Don't blame your own social ineptitude on game features.

3.The item squish is happening, not that it'll have ANY effect on the game other than numbers being small. Same as the last time. Sorry, nostalgia-freaks won't get their feels back from seeing numbers of TBC-levels across their screens.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-04-24 at 11:13 PM.

The third one is a good change, the other two are terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    - More class complexity / diversity (it's ok if some classes excel over others at certain things)
    - Item Squish
    - Reduce self-healing

And as a bonus..

- Perma-ban people using "casual" as a derogatory term.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    - More class complexity / diversity (it's ok if some classes excel over others at certain things)
    - Item Squish
    - Reduce self-healing

And as a bonus..

- Perma-ban people using "casual" as a derogatory term.
    How is describing someone for what they are a "derogatory" term? If you are casual, you would be a casual wouldn't you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove the sub/make tokens a set price that's actually fucking affordable by the majority
    Remove Elitists and special snowflakes (In response to mister "remove the casuals" scrub above)
    Update all old world armor sets to modern day models and textures

As to OP's:

1) Fuck no. CRZ is bad enough as it is.
    2) Fuck no. This is the only way many of us get to experience content. Being in a guild shouldn't be mandatory. I can be social without being tied to one specific group.
    3) Meh. I do like how it smooths things out, but it absolutely killed my level 90 twinks :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    • Merge servers into Mega Servers
    • Remove Queable raids and dungeons
    • Item Squish (down to TBC Levels)
    1. That would be nice.
    2. That would probably kill the population by half.
    3. There are bigger improvements to be made than having to reset numbers every 2 expansions because some people have a problem with seeing 1 billion instead of 1 thousand.

Fire Celestalon
    Fire Holinka
    Fire Lore
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

1) A single server, I doubt would work, unless they vastly increase the rate of their instance/shard technology and even then, it is a pain. They SHOULD merge the number of servers. Take all of the low pop servers and roll them together until there are all Medium/High servers.

2) This will never happen. Even as someone who used to be 'hardcore', I do not have the time or inclination to put together a group for absolutely everything. Leave that for Mythic raiding/Mythic+ dungeons.

3) We will almost 100% get an item squish after Legion. Probably in the expansion pre-patch going towards 8.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Here are my 3, what are yours?

• Merge servers into Mega Servers - This would bring back more of a community that WoW has lost since TBC
    • Remove Queable raids and dungeons - This would further improve community by forcing players to group up and interact on their server
    • Item Squish (down to TBC Levels) - Almost EVERYONE agrees this is in the best interest of the game going forward.

There very well could be more, but these are the 3 that I think would make the most impact and wouldn't take much for Blizzard to do.
    I highly agree with the first.

The second one should probably just be to remove queueable raids. I don't think LFR is needed anymore with Normal mode being so easy and flexible. Easier dungeons should be queueable in my opinion. Mythic and Mythic + not being queueable is fine by me.

The third one only really works if they also cut down on some of the raid difficulties. Back in TBC, there was one raid difficulty with one set of items. The start and the end of the expansion wasn't too drastic in terms of gear level. I mean it took us from Vanilla until Cata/MoP to get REALLY crazy numbers and the biggest offender was MoP with the fact that it had waaaay too many different difficulties. We currently have 4 different tiers of raiding and each one needs to have a large enough gap in power to make it worthwhile to move up to another difficulty. Even in Wrath, the items were not that crazy. Ulduar dropped 219-232 gear. The baseline gear was item level 200 and the maximum possible gear was 277 with the exception of the 284 gear that dropped only from 25 man heroic mode Lich King.

EN, on the other hand, drops between 835-880 gear baseline with the possibility of it going even higher. Before NH came out, the cap was 895. So anywhere from 835-895 in the first raid ALONE. We started out at level 110 with item level 800ish gear... and most mythic raiders (and even a lot of casuals due to RNG loot rolls) are around 895+. That means we've surpassed the entire power gain of Wrath in a single raid tier. That's fucking stupid.

Damn my nostalgia really calls back to the times we spammed general in cities for 4 hours to find a group for UBRS and then we would wipe at the room before The Beast (hardest trash pack in vanilla dungeons) only for someone to leave, then someone would have to hearth back to Ironforge to spam general for 2 more hours whilst the rest of the group had to run all the way through the instance back to the meeting stone to summon the replacement.

Oh 9/10 times the group disbanded because no one could be fucking bothered with this shit.

Damn non-queuable dungeons were some fun times am I right! Ha...haha...

Fuck off.

Or what about that time you formed a group for one of the auchindoun dungeons in TBC for 3 hours then you all formed and then suddenly someone wasn't attuned! Great times AMIRITE?

Damn I wish we got this tedious bullshit back for some of that 'community spirit' because apparently spamming General LF1 DPS is community spirit!

GOOD TIMES.

We should bring back ninja looting too! So that we can spend 8 hours of our life in a Molten Core pug then have the leader master loot before the boss died and he ninja'd everything. I LOVED THAT BIT OF COMMUNITY SPIRIT TOO YAY.

YAY THESE WERE VERY FUN ASPECTS OF THE GAME, BRING THEM ALL BACK PLS BLIZZ.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-04-24 at 11:17 PM.

The only thing that would bring me back at this point beyond just resubbing to 'see the content' would be to scrap the game and create WoW 2.0 with EQ2/Rift/ESO archetype-based class structure to allow you to not feel like leveling a class was the worst decision you ever made.

10+ Year Old Account
    1-death of the economy and the possibility to get rich in wow
    2-agree, trial of the crusader might be the most harmful patch to date, I knew that the change will cause problem
    3-squish will happen, and in my opinion bc had the best numbers pleasure wise

Deleted
    They can't exactly item squish all the way down to tbc levels, there are multiple expansions which would make the previous expansions gear have low stats, it wouldn't necessarily improve because its just numbers, players would still do the same % damage probably.
    The mega servers I like that idea,, as well as remove the Queable dungeons and raids, it'll make people put more effort and more interaction into getting to the end game content instead of no braining it to x ilvl to go 4 instance queues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shrunken View Post
    Fire Celestalon
    Fire Holinka
    Fire Lore
    A lot of people like Lore. He was a twitch streamer and a boss kill guide maker before he went to Blizzard.

Deleted
    I would remove mythic raiding. It's unnecessary since only a tiny amount of the subs participate in it and the time/resources invested in it could be better spent elsewhere. Just have LFR, normal, and heroic, and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Damn my nostalgia really calls back to the times we spammed general in cities for 4 hours to find a group for UBRS and then we would wipe at the room before The Beast (hardest trash pack in vanilla dungeons) only for someone to leave, then someone would have to hearth back to Ironforge to spam general for 2 more hours whilst the rest of the group had to run all the way through the instance back to the meeting stone to summon the replacement.

Oh 9/10 times the group disbanded because no one could be fucking bothered with this shit.

Damn non-queuable dungeons were some fun times am I right! Ha...haha...

Fuck off.

Or what about that time you formed a group for one of the auchindoun dungeons in TBC for 3 hours then you all formed and then suddenly someone wasn't attuned! Great times AMIRITE?

Damn I wish we got this tedious bullshit back for some of that 'community spirit' because apparently spamming General LF1 DPS is community spirit!

GOOD TIMES.
    Haha! Well roared.

This magical land where you became besties with people you found for groups just didn't exist. Shitty behaviour, ninja-looting and trolling had its cradle in the game's early years.