Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Hahahaha no way. Canada politely declines.

Mexico and the U.S. can merge though. Better than that costly wall right?
    Yeah and I think its for the best. Canadian citizens in general have way too much problems and we don't want any of that here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    The US Constitution would be incompatible with Canada and Mexico. Esp. the Second Amendment part. No way tens of millions are going to give up their right to own and bear arms.

So not going to happen.
    I love how for a supposed patriot you have so little faith in your country and its power. Any North American Union would effectively be the USA absorbing our neighbors, and therefore the only issue is whether Canadians and Mexicans would be willing to live under OUR Constitution. We have more people than the rest of the continent combined, before accounting for the immense disparity between the wealth and influence enjoyed by the average US citizen and everyone else. We hold all the cards and we set the rules, there's no foreign government out there with the ability to control us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    not really against it, fixing the problems in Central America though... that would be tough, probably be easier to just drop the war on drugs all together though.
    Or go full disassemble mode against the cartels. With what the military learned in Iraq, they could take the cartels apart in a few weeks. No language barrier, no tribal loyalties, totally compromised communications, and all of the US military an hour away - by air or by ground. (Not the only problem they have, though, but at least it's one that can be largely taken care of with a big box of hammers.)

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Man View Post
    Or go full disassemble mode against the cartels. With what the military learned in Iraq, they could take the cartels apart in a few weeks. No language barrier, no tribal loyalties, totally compromised communications, and all of the US military an hour away - by air or by ground. (Not the only problem they have, though, but at least it's one that can be largely taken care of with a big box of hammers.)
    spare me the Micheal Bay level action movie wanking, think of the children.

Quote Originally Posted by Hombregato View Post
    Yeah and I think its for the best. Canadian citizens in general have way too much problems and we don't want any of that here.
    Apparently we have the better education system.
    When in doubt. Derp it out.

Its bad enough we have the south eastern states included in America. We don't really need central and south America dragging us down more.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    Apparently we have the better education system.
    344 nobel prizes > 18 nobel prizes.

Obviously the US has some great schools. But, that's like claiming the US has some great doctors and hospitals. It's true, but if you're an average citizen you'd still be better off in Canada. At any rate, the school system I grew up with in Alabama is a shining example of what not to do. I don't know how it is now, but in the 80s and 90s it was terrible.

I don't think it's too crazy to consider a united Americas. I've always imaged the entire world will be united eventually, but it may not happen until we fully occupy the solar system and maybe even beyond.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    I love how for a supposed patriot you have so little faith in your country and its power. Any North American Union would effectively be the USA absorbing our neighbors, and therefore the only issue is whether Canadians and Mexicans would be willing to live under OUR Constitution. We have more people than the rest of the continent combined, before accounting for the immense disparity between the wealth and influence enjoyed by the average US citizen and everyone else. We hold all the cards and we set the rules, there's no foreign government out there with the ability to control us.
    And I love how you are debating something seriously that is never going to happen. :P And you are effectively agreeing with me and maybe not even knowing it. For a hint, see the bold part.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Herrington View Post
    Care to explain your obsession with shoving those parasites on us, but being completely shy about wanting to take any of them on as refugees yourself? People have pointed this out numerous times, you seem fixated on flooding America with more brown power la raza fucks but whenever people mention how Trudeau should just ship them all up to Canada you pump the brakes on the conversation.
    I really have to laugh when the uneducated Trump believers start spouting mushroom fodder. In no way are any of those from Mexico Parasites since none of them receive any of the benefits that your "alternate facts" leaders complain about. In all cases they pay taxes, something Trump doesn't do, and receive nothing in return for them.

Don't worry though because now that we have an Idiot in Chief the Chinese are already moving in and uniting Central America. They've begone building an automobile plant as most of the Oil, sugar, agave, fruits and other Mexican exports many US companies relied are now making their way to China thanks to Trump pissing off the folks of Mexico.

As to the theme of this tread. Until the Idiot in Chief took office we basically had a united North America in the form of the North American Trade pact. It was as close as you could get to a EU clone without the politics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    From an economic perspective, they've been the most integrated region in the world for decades. Politically, there are historic reasons why it won't happen. But that barely matters.
    Unless, in a fit of rage because Mexico won't pay for the wall, Trump annexes Mexico. And then, calling Canadians "snow Mexicans" Trump annexes Canada.

You never know. Could happen.

theabovepostmaybeutternonsensreadatyourowndiscretion
    Putin khuliyo

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    to be frank as a Canadian id rather be paired up with mexico then the us. i mean mexico is pretty bad but america is like a billion different kinda of crazy and mexico might be turned around i doubt america will be any time soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    US has nothing to gain and everything to lose, no thanks. NAFTA fucked things up enough as it is.
    i agree nafta is a parasitic growth that needs to die.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we do get Mexico, we better add siestas to our work schedules.

And Taco Tuesday. They do Taco Tuesday in Mexico right?
    Putin khuliyo

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

I already take one now as a part of my retirement life schedules. And we have a local Mexican restaurant which serves the best Tacos. Owned by a family of legal Mexican immigrants. Awesome food.

There is little benefit to doing this. NAFTA already covers the economic benefits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

We can cut work week hours to 35 hours like france does but then nobody would be considered a full time employee. You earn less and lose benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    spare me the Micheal Bay level action movie wanking, think of the children.
    A Michael Bay movie of a 14-hour drone mission would be radical. The sun glinting off the camera lens, jerky action shots of shipping containers in the desert, random Spanish telephone calls, the sun glinting off the camera lens, drone crew shift change at the shipping containers with the sun glinting off their shades, more random Spanish, the sun glinting off the camera lens...

No need to worry about the children. Breitbart says they're all here in the states, safe and sound.

10+ Year Old Account
    The US should have bought Cuba back when we had the chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

It would be cheaper to build a wall along the Mexican Southern border.

But seriously, if the US and Mexico formed a country, 3/4ths of Mexicans would move to the US. You can't even drink the tap water in most of Mexico.
    I think we should be more concerned about where Americans would go to see donkey shows if Mexico joined the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Its bad enough we have the south eastern states included in America. We don't really need central and south America dragging us down more.
    Did you forget where North America is located?

Resident Cosplay Progressive