Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Yes. If they brought back the vanilla style in-game community it would probably go way past 20 million subs.
    Dank meme.

No. World of warcraft will never have those sub numbers again. There's a reason why they're no longer talking about sub numbers. It's because they keep dropping and will continue to do so.

It never had 13 million. The thing is WoW is doing pretty well with 4-5 million, so it doesn't need 13 million. They have now many other ways of cashing in, so I'm pretty sure they are making more money now than in WotLK...

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Dank meme.
    The word you are looking for is "delusional".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Simple question, will WoW ever see 13 million subs again like it had in WoTLK? Is there anything that Blizzard could do to get 13 million subs again?
    no and no.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    Im sure a 'WoW 2' could get 13 million subberinos
    no this would fail horrible.

One of the easiest questions to answer....nope. Never again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simple question, will WoW ever see 13 million subs again like it had in WoTLK?

Is there anything that Blizzard could do to get 13 million subs again?
    No, I have no belief in so, nor would I believe that a WoW2 would achieve so either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Yes. If they brought back the vanilla style in-game community it would probably go way past 20 million subs.
    This rotten stench gotta be sarcasm, right? Because if not, then you are dreaming and got to wake up.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Could it happen? Yes. Will it happen? No. These devs have no idea how to run an mmo. Instead of concentrating on making a fun, challenging, immersive mmo...they've gone the manipulation route. Make it a slot machine game, time-gait everything. WoW was always a carrot-on-a-stick game, but at least reaching for that carrot was an enjoyable experience. Now the carrot is having fun itself. They make you jump through hoops to unlock fun.

7+ Year Old Account
    Simple question, will WoW ever see 13 million subs again like it had in WoTLK?

Is there anything that Blizzard could do to get 13 million subs again?
    Sure, why not? Anythings possible, but Blizzard would have to swallow their corporate pride that they've got a hard on for since Cataclysm and make giant changes to the game, but I doubt they will but hey, I can still hope can't I? They'd have to make drastic changes to the game, taking aspects from certain expansions, mashing them together and make the perfect new expansion to challange all the other expansions.

I could make a giant list of what they need to change, but I'd be here for like 3 years.. but sufficed to say, as a player since Vanilla WoW they have a lot of potential with their story telling, the gameplay and where to go with the future, but If they won't swallow their corporate pride after becoming bigger and bigger they won't get anywhere. That's the one thing I was afraid of, the bigger they'd get the bigger their corporate pride and corporate bullship Influencing their game design and how they'll make games. Overwatch Is a grand game, I doubt any one can say otherwise. And I'm sure they can make WoW Into an amazing game If they just stop mixing developers from their others games Into Wow (Diablo 3 devs for example) and just keep the experienced older devs who made WoW from Vanilla through Wrath. And taking certain things which are objective Improvements to the game from their latest few expansions they could have a great future but again... all depends on their pride and If they'll throw It behind them to make the customers happy rather than making shareholders happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I doubt it. In WOD, it got to 11 million subs for a month or so. It might have gotten to 11 million at the start of legion but those spikes are normal during expansion launch. People are now turning away from mmo games because of the time investment needed. So i expect a gradual decrease of subs over the next couple of years.

I'm sorry, where's this data from? WoD didn't have 11 million subs, ever. It had 10 mil... good difference. And those subs fell really quickly when people realized WoD had not much more content to offer after that. If they failed with WoD that'd be the end of WoW and It Is... Legion Isn't bringing In a lot of people back and even If It did It's been 9 months after launch and I doubt most people have stayed after realizing the obsurd amount of slot machines, RNG ontop of RNG ontop of grinding where even grinding has grinding and the time-gating, the mobs scaling to ilevel... It's so bloody bad, I'm not surprised people are abandoning the game.
    Last edited by TheVaryag; 2017-04-25 at 10:09 AM.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Maybe if blizz advertises that a xpac will be the last ever made then people who prolly quit a while back can see it to the end of the journey

Deleted
    YES if they upgrade the engine they're running and completely face lift the game.

There no need for a WoW 2.0 they just need to bring it forward so they have the ability to create more complex features which is currently capped by their legacy engine.

They say they have limited funds but we know better. If you can fund a film you can fund this.

Even if it takes years (which it would) it'll be worth it

No. Gaming has changed.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Sadly the era of MMO games is coming to an end. The playerbase has essentially shrived up while MOBAs and FPS games have taken the lime-light. Also the fact that WoW is over a decade old doesn't help. Overall I highly doubt WoW will return to its former glory in terms of playerbase and it's safe to say it's not necessarily the quality of the content that's to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Sadly the era of MMO games is coming to an end. The playerbase has essentially shrived up while MOBAs and FPS games have taken the lime-light. Also the fact that WoW is over a decade old doesn't help. Overall I highly doubt WoW will return to its former glory in terms of playerbase and it's safe to say it's not necessarily the quality of the content that's to blame.
    Pretty much this... And it's probably a good thing, nothing nice comes out of staying in the same:ish spot forever and ever.. stuff needs to change and evolve to not degrade us into veggie-state.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    hard reboot, 2017 engine, lots of new stuffs that is being hindered by old engine.

fresh new world, lots to explore.

i can see wow 2 reaching 13m, but this wow? nah its old, boring and the same thing.

If I am not mistaken, during WOTLK (the WoW peak), there were not many competitors out there, whereas now there are many. Even if each of them has only 1 million subs approx, thats some players (not the whole 1 mil) who have shifted their attention to something other than WoW
    Plus, less time to play MMOs as a whole is also a factor. Many of my friends have dropped off due to time crunches. Diablo 3 type games suit them much more

So unless you bring in something ground breaking, dont think any MMO will even reach 10 million.

They need to go back to making the gameplay rewarding and "slower"... so people have more playtime per content patch. Maybe the subscriptions would increase alot again.
    It wont help when most of the new content is done in like a week and only gating them behind time makes it last longer, many people will quit or unsub because of that.

Nobody wants endless grinds... most people would enjoy a grind with a goal, which also isnt mandatory to do the endgame.
    I mean even WoD had things to do for people who wanted to perform grinds with vanity rewards, laughing skull for example and alliance side one... but now we dont have such things, everythings gated behind real life time and they dont even have as cool rewards as the laughing skull masks were.

13 million is most likely out of reach but we could be able to return back to 7 million no doubt... but only if the game rewarded you for playing for an extended period.
    Rewards are fun... many WoW youtubers have quit because the game is no longer making it worthwhile to play... pvp for example, can no longer get gear rewards for playing it longer than others and then pwn newbies when you have better gear... that was a reward, it no longer exists to the same extent.

WoW never even had 13 million subs to begin with, the highest its gotten is around 12.4 million during the transition between WoD and Cata. Then they got a lucky shot with how they overhyped WoD as TBC 2.0 so that they got back to 10 million, but even that didn't last for long. The game is way past its golden age and no matter what they do they will never gets WotLK's numbers back. The best shot they got is if the game went F2P, but even then I doubt that will happen. The game is not as good and relevant anymore these days.

It barely got past back up to 4 with the expansion, sitting little over half that now. There is almost no way for 13 ever again. Others have mentioned a "WoW 2" but in order to pull the numbers, it'd have to be a reinvention of the genre... and to do that, you alienate those you are hoping to bring over.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    if more people in the world get interested in video games yes, 13m is almost 0 when compared to the world population, a lot of people will need internet, third world country needs a better economy, and the older generation needs to be replaced in order for it to have a chance to happen