Is Anduin Arthas's Son?

I'm not a big lore person... But I've read around some rumours which sound somewhat convincing. Plus I don't play the Alliance hence I'm not familiar with the Anduin story-line in Legion too. :/

Is Anduin actually the son of Arthas Menethil (the ex-Lich King) ?

Can anyone provide some insight?

Sources:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/warcraftlor...son_of_arthas/
    Older: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...d_anduin_wrynn
    and http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...d.php?t=217236
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Deleted

Anduin's mother. Anduin's has his father's chin and eyebrowns.

Short answer is no. Not even sure what rumors you could have read to make it plausible, I don't think it's even all that plausible that Arthas ever even met Tiffin Wrynn, no broader plotline in which they'd have crossed paths. You'd basically have a to fanwank some state function that happened and that they had a one night stand upon meeting or did it in the kitchen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post

Anduin's mother.
    /thread

10chars

Deleted
    Anduin is clearly a blue-eyed blond version of his father.

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    /thread

10chars
    Very valuable insight and explanation, thanks ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Anduin is clearly a blue-eyed blond version of his father.
    I completely agree, hence I'm wondering why such rumours exist. Do fans simply just hypothesize everything/every imaginable possibility?
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Anduin being Arthas' son or a similar relation is a frequently encountered piece of fan speculation or complete "headcanon" as the term is used - it's not supported by the official lore or canon of the game and tie-in stories or novels. Anduin Wrynn is the son of Varian and Tiffin Wrynn, with zero relation to the Menethil line (except perhaps in the vaguest of ways with all the human kingdoms descending from the Arathi people). I'm not sure why this particular avenue of speculation is quite so frequent, but I assume it's the product of a desire for a direct or indirect redemption story for Arthas. That's just my $0.02 of course, you would have to ask someone who feels strongly about that particular topic to elaborate further.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    this is like the 5th thread on this
    why, why?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post

I completely agree, hence I'm wondering why such rumours exist. Do fans simply just hypothesize everything/every imaginable possibility?
    same reason a massive amount of the community think
    Wrathion x Anduin is cannon...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

While it would be possible, it would've been touched upon by now if it was the case. There's no actual evidence or lore information that supports the theory, the only reason people are saying it is because of the similarity between them - both names start on A, both blonde, both princes who became kings, both paladins(priests/paladins same thing nowadays), but that's as far as it goes. Reminds me of the theories in WOTLK about Aethas Sunreaver being Kael'thas in disguise because of their names being similar and Aethas using a mask. There was also another post a few days ago where someone said Anduin is Jaina and Arthas's son. People are just coming up with random shit all the time.

Arthas had a thing for Jaina plus before he became the Lich King he was pretty much a kid himself i seriously doubt he wouldve fucked Varians wife and risk a war between Lordarean and Stormwind.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    this is like the 5th thread on this
    why, why?
    Ah, excuse my ignorance, I hadn't noticed the other threads. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    People are just coming up with random shit all the time.
    Evidently seems like it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ah, excuse my ignorance, I hadn't noticed the other threads. Sorry.

Evidently seems like it.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ghlight=arthas
    " yep" : /
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    The real twist would be if he was garrosh son. And ended up in varians house via mistake in interdimensional children carrying stork department.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't my intention to be a jerk, I'd be willing to be more insightful if only this subject hasn't been covered for years and years now.

It's seems that every expansion when people start wondering what the next one can be, wishful thinking about another Menethil centered expansion fuel loads and loads of threads about Anduin's "real" paternity.

Not every important character in fiction must have a dubious or surprise parentage.

Hold on, let me put on my Ned Stark thinking cap... Mother has blonde hair... father has brown hair. Child is blonde... incest! i mean it was Arthas!

Deleted
    His granddad (Llane Wryn) and his mother were both blonde.

No...

It's like me...

My Mother has brown hair, my dad has black hair.

I am dark blonde.

My grandma was a blonde...

Anduin's mother is blonde, Varian is dark haired.

Anduin's hair was a Dominant Blondie (That is, if you know how Genes work).

Anduin's blonde, with Blue eyes. Anduin's father had Hazel eyes, and Tiffin has Purplish/Blueish eyes. So...yeah. :/

Idk where this Menethil shit came from....