Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Make Blizzard Great Again... A company focused only in WOW!

10+ Year Old Account
    to survive a company must diversify, maybe they could survive only with wow, but until they reach that point, 'converting' enough persons, they need to survive

if anything there's not a problem with "wow", there's a problem with the whole video game in my opinion, it's becoming too big, there's saturation happening, too many pass time available, our life time is limited, the market tries to adapt to so called "casual" gamers but we're losing the spirit of video games, and even the big creators like nintendo is starting to lose their recipe, probably because a lot has already been said in video game on top of that

so, now new generation must create something that goes beyond mario, zelda, final fantasy and wow. good luck to them

also I believe video games are divided between 2 main thoughts, one that say video game is a toy (partly true), another saying video game is some kind of "art" (party true too). I believe most programmers are missing the point or are controlled too much by the market (making money and ignoring too much the quality of the creation)

also, be careful of marketing people, don't let them tell to you what is a good video game
    Last edited by Cæli; 2017-04-25 at 03:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This would not only be terrible for Blizzard as a whole, but for WoW as well.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Blizzard is already a fairly great company. ( Relatively to other shitty greedy AAA developers out there.)
    And I can't live without overwatch, so NO!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I could definitely stand to have them divert resources from the abortion that is Overwatch, but other than that I enjoy Blizzard's other games more than WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I could definitely stand to have them divert resources from the abortion that is Overwatch, but other than that I enjoy Blizzard's other games more than WoW.
    overwatch is one of the most popular games on the market what the fuck are you talking about lol. whether you like overwatch or not it be the stupidest thing for them to stop supporting it
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    It's obvious Blizzard is trying to shift away from WoW

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Obvious: easily perceived or understood; clear, self-evident, or apparent.

What do you mean? WoW is still employs their biggest team... and is their biggest budget game.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    What do you mean? WoW is still employs their biggest team... and is their biggest budget game.
    Overwatch is probably bringing in more money, I suspect more time focused there

Quote Originally Posted by Vorecien View Post
    Obvious: easily perceived or understood; clear, self-evident, or apparent.
    Only in the minds of people WANTING it to be true.

Meanwhile, WoW currently has the biggest team working on it it's ever had. Ain't no "shifting away from" a game which pulled 800 million USD on a year when it was doing objectively poorly due to content being what it was and the population being halved.

Hahahahaha no.

If they only focused on WoW they would lose a huge chunk of their consumer base, like it or not alot of people play other blizzard games and have no interest in World of Warcraft. Obviously WoW is still their prize pony but that doesn't mean their other products have no fanbase.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2017-04-25 at 04:31 PM.

Overwatch is probably bringing in more money, I suspect more time focused there
    Source your claims.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

i remember seeing their some news about it also about their fiscal, it was overwatch and heartstone that was making alot of money

and i agree, i have friends that spend $50 or more on overwatch boxes every patch that comes with some new skins

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzards response to your concerns OP.

doesn't mean its their most profitable game, people always love to forget or ignore development cost.

As for their biggest team part, I'd bet good money most the low ranking/interns are on the wow team: ie blizz training wheels teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    Blizzard is already a fairly great company. ( Relatively to other shitty greedy AAA developers out there.)
    And I can't live without overwatch, so NO!
    I love threads like these and seeing contrasting comments like this back to back. So great!

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop lying to yourself. WoW is on auto pilot and is on it's way out.
    And that comes a massive WoW freak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Stop lying to yourself. WoW is on auto pilot and is on it's way out.
    And that comes a massive WoW freak.
    They're just assumptions because the game is old. You're basing your facts on nothing, on no numbers, no sources. You're literally talking out of your... Perhaps like I may be. Because we don't know. Do you work at Blizzard? Have the development teams shrunk? Has development slowed down? Have sales been lower relative to other years (Legion had 3.3M+ sales - one of the largest sale numbers on launch day to date). Hence I'm not lying to myself... I don't know. But I'm not making assumptions about the game "dying" or what not.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baladeosso View Post
    You mean, make Blizzard dead?

Sorry, but Blizzard is a game that has evolved and from the pylons of its structure, it has reached further. If it were to pull back to one franchise, it would be a financial suicide. And no, running legacy servers won't save it either. Right now, it holds so many strong franchises, all which the investors 'feed' on as well as the development 'feed' the company.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..