Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I remember EVERY ONE OF THEM!

Except...for...1...atleast...

Argus. Why? CAUSE I HAVE TO FUCKING WAIT A FEW DAMN MONTHS BEFORE I EVEN ARRIVE THERE!

Besides, I can count Argus in since we're going there in 7.3...

Sargeras' legs, here I come...

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Had to look at my map to remember about Hrothgar's Landing, just north of the Argent Tourny site in Icecrown, isn't that place practically useless?
    there were dailies in there back in wotlk

7+ Year Old Account
    stonetalon.
    silithus.
    feralas
    the hinterlands.
    winterspring

Formerly known as Arafal

I was scrolling over zones in southern Kalidor looking for the flight path to Ungoro and was surprised to be reminded about the existence of Uldum, which is kind of funny because Uldum was one of my 2 favorite Cata zones. (Not that that's saying much)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    I remember EVERY ONE OF THEM!

Except...for...1...atleast...

Argus. Why? CAUSE I HAVE TO FUCKING WAIT A FEW DAMN MONTHS BEFORE I EVEN ARRIVE THERE!

Besides, I can count Argus in since we're going there in 7.3...

Sargeras' legs, here I come...
    uh, alright then.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    - Feralas: This is one of those zones that's just kinda there. Like most zones I'll mention, it's geographic location is simply so incovenient you'd never even accidentaly enter it to reach your destination. It's a beautiful zone, but so forgettable. All I remember was Dire Maul, and even after the Cata revamp I forgot all about it.
    Feralas holds an important place for me as Dire Maul was important for my Dreadsteed quest and the Royal Seal of Eldre'Thalas trinket lasted me pretty much until lvl 70. It's also home to the relatively important lore character Shandris Feathermoon (first elf to encounter the orcs in WC3 and major supporting character in the WotA trilogy) and the place I got my Faerie Dragon. It was also home to one of the Emerald Dream dragon bosses and had that massive mountain with the elf who would teleport you to the top for free, then his mate would sell you a parachute. Overall one of my favourite zones in southern Kalimdor.

- Zul'drak: A sore eye of wrath, but not as sore as Borean Tundra. It has this ziggurat stairs design to it, but the zone itself is just so skippable. There's no need to even come close to it these days.
    It did stick out like a sore thumb, and it broke up the story progression of the Iron vs Stone dwarfs/giants that kicked off in the Howling Fjord, carried on through Grizzly Hills and culminated in Ulduar. However it was visually very striking and had great lore as you slowly uncovered the story of the trolls desperately consuming the Loa in a bid to stop the scourge.

- Townlong Steppes: Never has there been a more tedious tint of green. Dread Wastes was more memorable because it looked like Y'Shaarj puked on it and the quests were memorably unbearable.

Townlong? I don't even. People will fly over it to get to ToT, but we all forgot it has like 4 islands of the coast that serve absolutely no purpose.
    TBH I didn't really gel well with any of MoP so Townlong isn't any more or less forgettable than the rest of Pandaria.

- The Hinterlands: This one is a shame really. It's such a beautiful zone, but there's nothing there: Aerie Peak and a grove, most people won't even realise the significance of the two.
    What the actual hell? Hinterlands is home to the Wildhammer dwarfs and has Jintha'Alor, one of the toughest elite areas in Vanilla where you'd go not only to save Sharpbeak (one of WoW's most Disney endings) but also to get the hammer of Ghal'maraz (needed to summon a boss in Zul'Farak, the 5-man in Tanaris.) It's also home to one of the last high elf settlements, definitely a long way from forgettable.

- Badlands: Out of all the zones on this list, this is the one you really don't remember. It's location is simply so incovenient not even the most naïve noob will go there. To reach the zone for leveling you actually have to take a flightpath to it at the end of Eastern Plaguelands or the equivelant. It's most prominent stronghold is 'New Kargath', yeah...
    I agree with this one, Badlands has never been high on my list of go-to zones even though Cata gave it some very significant and highly amusing lore. Before then I mostly new it as the place with Ulduman.

For me the most forgettable place was Thousand Needles, pre-Cataclysm it was the boring desert you grabbed a few quests from if you weren't quite ready for Tanaris. Post-Cata it's a bit more interesting (love the way they built a ship out of the old race-track pieces) especially with the special water mechanics and boat.

Played since Classic and I think Loch Modan remains the zone I know least about.

Never leveled a midget race until CRZ had been introduced, which has driven me straight to the dungeon queues immediately upon reaching level 15.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

If I were to describe the purpose of this thread I'd say there isn't one. Give it a purpose for yourself.

I'm here to remind you about zones you forgot even existed. Note: Most of these zones are forgotten in the sense that you didn't even develop nostalgic thoughts about them, good or bad. Desolace f.e. is memorable because it's a forsaken backwater.

- Feralas: This is one of those zones that's just kinda there. Like most zones I'll mention, it's geographic location is simply so incovenient you'd never even accidentaly enter it to reach your destination. It's a beautiful zone, but so forgettable. All I remember was Dire Maul, and even after the Cata revamp I forgot all about it.
    - Zul'drak: A sore eye of wrath, but not as sore as Borean Tundra. It has this ziggurat stairs design to it, but the zone itself is just so skippable. There's no need to even come close to it these days.
    - Townlong Steppes: Never has there been a more tedious tint of green. Dread Wastes was more memorable because it looked like Y'Shaarj puked on it and the quests were memorably unbearable.
    Townlong? I don't even. People will fly over it to get to ToT, but we all forgot it has like 4 islands of the coast that serve absolutely no purpose.
    - The Hinterlands: This one is a shame really. It's such a beautiful zone, but there's nothing there: Aerie Peak and a grove, most people won't even realise the significance of the two.
    - Badlands: Out of all the zones on this list, this is the one you really don't remember. It's location is simply so incovenient not even the most naïve noob will go there. To reach the zone for leveling you actually have to take a flightpath to it at the end of Eastern Plaguelands or the equivelant. It's most prominent stronghold is 'New Kargath', yeah...

A shame I guess. Putting Legion invasions there would've made more sense than Westfall or the Barrens, which are conveniently close to our faction capitals. A way to breath new life into them.
    I disagree entirely with you, well, mostly, Zul'drak is kinda 'meh', but all those classic zones are amazing (or were, during their prime, not the reworked versions after cataclysm). All were important, had major dungeons, exciting quest hubs (5man group outdoor area of Jintha'Alor anyone?) nice questlines, etc. And townlong was probably the most relevant zone in regards of story in Pandaria, with huge plot points in regards to the Shas, Shado-pans, etc.

None of those were 'forgettable' whatsoever.

Having played since pre-release, i don't find any of the zones forgettable. Some 'were', in times, like Silithus\Blasted Lands pre-revamp, but they all served a purpose and i still remember them all. None slips my mind.

How could you forget a zone exists? Do you play the game? Are you new?
    Feralas is like the worst choice ever to be on this list. Do you know what Dire Maul is? Probably the most influential dungeon set ever implemented for its time. It was the first real catch-up mechanic and the gear that drops there and options you have within it really set the stage for how gearing and competitive dungeons would work moving forward.
    Feralas was also the first zone with legitimate quest density while leveling.

You must have leveled your first toon post cataclysm if you think Feralas is anything but one of the most important zones in the world back in the day.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I still remember Old badlands for that summoning Elite Black Drakes quest, and of course Uldaman, as an alliance back then it was also close to Loch Modan/Ironforge, pre-cata.

Old Hinterlands had this long questline with the Egg of Hakkar, you had to also get part of the Mallet of Zul farrak I believe. Also had a Green Dragon portal.

Burning Steppes had very little but the Marshal Windsor questline was epic, having to free him from BRD jail. Also was one of the first zones I saw drakes and ?? level mobs on Live running via Redridge after Launch (played horde in beta so didnt go there)

Feralas was mainly known for Dire maul (Ogre Suit run was amazing), and the Green Dragon spawn location.

Blasted lands had very little too , but Kazzak and the Broken (pre-draenei) npc had like a shard trader for random greens.

Also loramus thalipedes / Raklikh questline that took you to places.

Really the least used zone in Vanilla must have been Deadwind pass, and then Moonglade, altho Moonglade had a summoned boss for the Scarab lord questline & druid quests.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post

Do you know what Dire Maul is? .
    Looking For Dungeon says hi. I remember this place place from a long time ago. But let's just say since the past hmmm 6 or 7 years...

So is the same for all the Black Rock dungeon and raid.
    Searing Gorge and Burning Steppes, I swear I had to look on WoW Wiki because I didn't remember the name for Burning Steppes

10+ Year Old Account
    The zone between Zul'Drak and Howling Fjord.... I remember it had amazing music but that's about it. Beyond that Winterspring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Looking For Dungeon says hi. I remember this place place from a long time ago. But let's just say since the past hmmm 6 or 7 years...

So is the same for all the Black Rock dungeon and raid.
    Searing Gorge and Burning Steppes, I swear I had to look on WoW Wiki because I didn't remember the name for Burning Steppes
    Searing Gorge was a really good zone for leveling if you knew your way through it, Burning Steppes was just about the best place for mining Thorium especially as most black dragon areas were camped by gold-farming hunter-bots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    The zone between Zul'Drak and Howling Fjord.... I remember it had amazing music but that's about it. Beyond that Winterspring.
    Grizzly Hills, home of Iron-Ironforge and yet-another-cursed Elf tree.

None. I remember every single one Some I liked less, some I liked more.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Searing Gorge was a really good zone for leveling if you knew your way through it, Burning Steppes was just about the best place for mining Thorium especially as most black dragon areas were camped by gold-farming hunter-bots.
    After the Revamp (adding thorium point), searing gorge was great for it's time, Hansel Heavyhands having sausage fingers so he couldn't do the killing himself :P That quest still made it back into Cata too tho :P
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-04-25 at 07:35 PM.

Deleted
    If I were to describe the purpose of this thread I'd say there isn't one. Give it a purpose for yourself.

I'm here to remind you about zones you forgot even existed. Note: Most of these zones are forgotten in the sense that you didn't even develop nostalgic thoughts about them, good or bad. Desolace f.e. is memorable because it's a forsaken backwater.

A shame I guess. Putting Legion invasions there would've made more sense than Westfall or the Barrens, which are conveniently close to our faction capitals. A way to breath new life into them.
    That's why i often suggest that Blizzard shuold extend the level scaling to ALL zones, so you can actually choose between doing quest and experience a full story zone OR go with LFD. It's so sad to do 5 quest in a zone, do a dungeon, make 5 level, and go back to find that all quest are gray.

Sadly rigth now 99% of players just sits in capital city and go via LFD.

Wish they would drain thousand needles. I loved that zone, always looked so cool from the top, and had a good skybox. Questing was a bit awful there, but I always did the zone because I liked it.

I've forgotten no zones, but some I just don't mess with as a zone. Swamp of Sorrows, after Vanilla I never went back except to reach kara. I remember not liking the quests there as well, but I loved old ST. Wetlands, Hinterlands (again after vanilla never went back), and felwood, as much time as I spent there in vanilla I dread going there now. Just a long forest hallway for the most part.

15+ Year Old Account
    The most forgotten zone are the ones that should be on this list but we can't even remember them to put on this list.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Crystalsong forest.

The zone old dalaran was in btw.
    The WotLK mousepad doesnt even have Crystalsong on it, I think. It's missing an entire zone, maybe its wintersgrasp, I can't even remember which one, and I'm not at home to look at it to check.

Talk about forgettable!!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    That's why i often suggest that Blizzard shuold extend the level scaling to ALL zones, so you can actually choose between doing quest and experience a full story zone OR go with LFD. It's so sad to do 5 quest in a zone, do a dungeon, make 5 level, and go back to find that all quest are gray.

Sadly rigth now 99% of players just sits in capital city and go via LFD.
    Really not just level scaling, also should add more dynamic loot, pre-WoD gear only has 1 mainstat while it suddenly changes to int/agi , or int/str later on.

Even zone objectives or random dynamic world quests for low levels would be nice, reward shouldn't be pretty generic. Also would be nice to see the talking head thing for ALL leveling content, or at least a pop up for some quests, doesn't need voice over cause that'd be too much work.

- Feralas: It's a vanilla zone, and a lot of the worthwhile content was removed in the cata upgrade. There used to be an Alliance only quest chain there for getting a sprite darter pet, that was pretty involved, about the sprite darters being captured. Also, there was a parachute on the top of one of the peaks in the north. It was mostly content for Horde, tho, because they had Camp Mojache. It was a filler zone, the point of interest has always been Dire Maul.

- Zul'drak: ZD had great stuff in it. The arena was there, and the story was pretty interesting, and there were some good rewards. Doing the content there makes the instances make more sense. Skipping it is dumb, especially if you're into Troll lore.

- Townlong Steppes: The islands off the coast is where all of the dailies were, there was tons of content on them. The zone had some memorable quests, like the end of the brewmaster quest chain. Sounds to me like you skip as much content as possible to level up. It's not the best zone in MoP, but it's worth doing.

- The Hinterlands: Yet another vanilla zone. Most of the content here is irrelevant now, but most players went through the zone to get to Jintha'alor, to finish the mallet for Zul Farrack. Jintha'alor was basically an outdoor dungeon, and required a group to clear. Lots of Troll lore there, too. Being the home of the griffons makes it pretty cool, too.

- Badlands: Yet another another vanilla zone. Easy to get to, as alliance, through Loch Modan. The main reason to go there was Uldaman. Very memorable.

I have nostalgia for all of the zones, because I usually did all of the quests in the zone, back in vanilla, and didn't zoom through them as fast as possible to level. And, you didn't bring up one of the most underutilized zones in all of the game, the Blasted Lands. If it weren't for the dark portal, nobody would go there, even back in vanilla.

Stonetalon Mountains. Especially post-cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.