Page 1 of 3
LastLast

'Facebook rape video' trio sentenced to prison

Three men have been sentenced to prison in connection with the rape of a woman in Uppsala, which was broadcast live on Facebook.
    The three men were arrested in January after police were alerted to a suspected ongoing sexual assault by witnesses, who reported watching the crime being committed live in a closed Facebook group with more than 60,000 members.

An 18-year old man from Afghanistan was sentenced today to one year in jail on account of rape, and a 21-year-old, also from Afghanistan, was sentenced to two years and four months in prison.

The third man, a 24-year-old Swedish citizen, who was behind the camera, was sentenced to six months' imprisonment for gross defamation as well as for failing to report rape.

The men were also sentenced to pay a total of 330,000 ($37,000) kronor in damages to the victim, a woman in her thirties.

The Uppsala district court established that the woman, due to heavy intoxication from alcohol and narcotics, had been in a particularly vulnerable situation, which the three men must have realized at the time.

"Even if she, in the way the defendants claim, had agreed to intercourse, it is not possible for a person in such a vulnerable situation to consent. They shall therefore be held liable for rape," said district court chairman Nils Pålbrant.

https://www.thelocal.se/20170425/fac...nced-to-prison

1 year for one and 2 years and 4 months for the other for rape! What a joke! They really need to increase the penalty for rape!

Deleted
    very horible what happend
    that money wow 37 000$ thats like a 5 year salary there

Quote Originally Posted by superblink View Post
    1 year, not 5.

15+ Year Old Account
    A rather similar ridiculous case was in Finland very recently.

A 20-something year old refugee got a 1 year 6 month probation sentence (aka you don't go to jail at all) for an aggravated rape of a child. He did a "bush rape" on a stranger outdoors.

At the same time, a 40-something year old Finnish man got a 2 year sentence (aka you go to jail for 2 years) when he had a sexual relationship with a 15 year old girl. They met at his house many times and had sex - the girl did it voluntarily.

So the sentences don't quite match. The bias is real.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Just because the woman is drunk doesn't mean it's rape.
    It does if she's so intoxicated that her senses are so muddled that she legally can't give consent. The same argument would hold true for a man.

So it is statutory rape.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by superblink View Post
    What, where is that a 5 year salary? That's below a years salary in the Netherlands for a decent job.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    It does if she's so intoxicated that her senses are so muddled that she legally can't give consent. The same argument would hold true for a man.

So it is statutory rape.
    This wasn't statutory rape and statutory rape is a common law thing.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

15+ Year Old Account
    That seems exceedingly lenient.

Wouldn't want to rob those poor rapists of too much of their future, obviously.

Why is there no deportation in this case?

Quote Originally Posted by Gully Man View Post
    Why is there no deportation in this case?
    I was wondering about that myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I was wondering about that myself.
    Its Sweden, what did you expect?

Here in Denmark, they get kicked from the country as soon as they have served their sentence, the defence lawyers always takes it to the Human Rights court in the Haag, because "reasons".

Quote Originally Posted by Svad View Post
    Its Sweden, what did you expect?

Here in Denmark, they get kicked from the country as soon as they have served their sentence, the defence lawyers always takes it to the Human Rights court in the Haag, because "reasons".
    There's been recent cases where deportation after the sentence had been served was included as part of the punishment, and Afghans are being sent back under normal circumstances as well. I'm genuinely curious as to why it wasn't applied here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post

So it is statutory rape.
    How can a guy be raped? He would have to get it up first which would mean hes enjoying it and thus consenting which kinda goes against what "rape" is?

Quote Originally Posted by Gully Man View Post
    There's been recent cases where deportation after the sentence had been served was included as part of the punishment, and Afghans are being sent back under normal circumstances as well. I'm genuinely curious as to why it wasn't applied here.
    Could be because its one of those "omg they are refugees, have mercy" Judge panels. Again, its Sweden, they have more "racial" guilt, than germany have ever had.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    That seems exceedingly lenient.

Wouldn't want to rob those poor rapists of too much of their future, obviously.
    Don't just call them rapists, they are highly educated people that come from a country that is the foundation of a large part of our modern civilization. They are pioneers in science and human rights.

The Swedish guy behind the camera should at least get a 5-year sentence though, what a fucking privileged bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    How can a guy be raped? He would have to get it up first which would mean hes enjoying it and thus consenting which kinda goes against what "rape" is?
    2 guys hold him down, the third does his thing, then they switch places twize, so the other two who were restraining him, can have their turns?

15+ Year Old Account
    With a 12 inch dildo for example.

Also penis reacting to physical stimuli doesn't equate to consent.

Raping a woman might feel physically pleasurable for the woman - it's still rape.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    The Swedish guy behind the camera should at least get a 5-year sentence though, what a fucking privileged bastard.
    We all know he is "Swedish".

10+ Year Old Account
    Drugs, men-on-men rape, anal insertion of various objects. Are you stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    We all know he is "Swedish".
    Didn't even occur to me. Makes so much sense now...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svad View Post
    2 guys hold him down, the third does his thing, then they switch places twize, so the other two who were restraining him, can have their turns?
    Why does the person raping need to be a man?

The body responds to stimuli, brain doesn't always have to agree. So yes, men can be raped by women, don't even dare suggest otherwise. Men being raped by men is obvious why and how...

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    This wasn't statutory rape and statutory rape is a common law thing.
    Correct, statutory refers to minors after checking it again, my bad.