Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

6 Months until Patch 7.3 EASILY

Considering how different Legion feels from previous expansions, it's hard not to feel like there's a new vision guiding World of Warcraft. And it's one that I suspect we won't be able to judge fully until Legion is behind us and the heroes of Azeroth are facing a new threat. While Hazzikostas confirmed that preliminary work had begun on a new expansion, he wasn't able to reveal any details of what that might be. But that doesn't mean there aren't some educated guesses and clues that players are beginning to piece together.

For starters, Patch 7.3—which is easily half a year away—will take players to the eredar homeworld of Argus to bring the fight to the Legion's doorstep. It's the first time players will have taken an interstellar journey in Warcraft—not counting the orc homeworld of Draenor since it's been such a central location since the first game.

"Story-wise, we try to think two expansions ahead at this point."

At this point, Azeroth feels like well-charted territory. The Broken Isles existed in the lore, but it didn't exist on the map until Legion—and that's not the first time an island has seemingly sprung out of nowhere in World of Warcraft. With the trip to Argus just on the horizon and Azeroth feeling a little too familiar, I ask Hazzikostas if leaving Azeroth for new planets is going to become a lot more common. "There's still large chunks of Azeroth that we have yet to visit," he contests. "If you look in the chronicle books, there's all sorts of landmasses, all sorts of cultures and foes we have yet to deal with. There's no lack of ideas on that front."

But Azeroth's retinue of villains is also seeming a bit thin. Legion could very well be the end of some of the biggest threats in the Warcraft universe, which have been around since Warcraft 2. If the world-rending titan Sargeras is defeated during the assault on Argus, who could possibly fill his shoes?

Hazzikostas isn't willing to say, but the community has some pretty damn good guesses. While the Burning Legion has been the big-bad for quite some time, there's bigger threats that players have already had a taste of. The world-corrupting Old Gods and their creators, the Void Lords, both present an infinitely greater threat to Azeroth. I mean, they're the reason the Burning Legion is trying to murder everyone in the first place.

For now, players will need to focus on the more immediate threat of repelling the Legion. Blizzard has committed to taking its time with this expansion, meaning it could be another year before they reveal plans for what comes after. But, as Hazzikostas assures me, they do have it all mapped out. "Story-wise, we try to think two expansions ahead at this point," he says. "We'll see what the end of Legion brings, but we're trying to make it a cohesive narrative that flows and segues from one expansion into the next."
    Source and full article: http://www.pcgamer.com/world-of-warcraft-future/

Deleted
    "...educated guesses "

You've ascribed the assertion of the article writer ("...Patch 7.3—which is easily half a year away") to Hazzikostas. Nowhere does Hazzikostas himself say how long 7.3 will take to arrive. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, nice clickbait I guess?

Otherwise, learn to read before you write anything.

Considering there are at about 2 months until ToS opens/7.2.5 releases, how is that not par for the course?

Quote Originally Posted by j0ust View Post
    "...educated guesses "

You've ascribed the assertion of the article writer ("...Patch 7.3—which is easily half a year away") to Hazzikostas. Nowhere does Hazzikostas himself say how long 7.3 will take to arrive. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, nice clickbait I guess?

Otherwise, learn to read before you write anything.
    You can pretty much do the math yourself though. Another 2 months until ToS which is when 7.2.5 releases. After that the usual raider tier is what 4-6 months? It's basically par the course.

Perfectly fine with that timeline, since the raid with 7.2 hasn't been released.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

And? It's not like you or anyone else will have done 100% of the current content by then.

Although, Hazzikostas didn't say it, just to be clear.

So 7.3 in october and only a small raid to fill that gap and no other content? LUL

Instead of draught at the end of an expansion, it's now in the middle. They lied again. GG.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    So 7.3 in october and only a small raid to fill that gap and no other content? LUL

Instead of draught at the end of an expansion, it's now in the middle. They lied again. GG.
    whiner 7.2.5 is ToS

..... It is not even remotely that bad.

So many overreactions over small piece of news.. I am not in Hurry. October is fine, even December will be fine.

It is worse as there is going to be a middle of the expansion drought along with a year long drought after 7.3 heading into the new expansion.

Seriously, this game is in maintenance mode at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    whiner 7.2.5 is ToS
    So? It's only 9 bosses instead of the usual 12-14. 7.2 Added nothing in terms of content, but one dungeon and reused zone. We have been dry of content since nighthold released, whihc was january. There needs to be a 7.1 sized patch in between at least man.
    If it's really 6 months, even WoD had a better release schedule..

SO...Basically...

7.3 Is LIKELY Sargeras' end...

The Old Gods/Void lords are next...

Everything else is just a little wait of time...

My theory: 7.3 PTR Comes in Early-Mid June (Likely a Week after the ToS raid).

Not Hazzikostas said that, but it's an "educated guess" from the author of the article.

I actually believe we can expect 7.3 much earlier, mid-tier for ToS just as 7.2 hit mid-tier in NH, while it takes about 6 months to release the Argus raid with 7.3.5 .

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    7.3 will be a content patch, then after 10weeks maybe, 7.3.5 we get the last raid.

they seem to like this pattern

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if it is 6 months, that seems pretty normal? About 5-6 months for a raid tier is about right.

Either way though doesn't seem to be a quote from Ion, just an assumption by the article writer.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Assuming 4 weeks until ToS releases, that would give us 20 raid lockouts to clear/farm it. How many lockouts per tier do you think we should get OP?

So? It's only 9 bosses instead of the usual 12-14. 7.2 Added nothing in terms of content, but one dungeon and reused zone. We have been dry of content since nighthold released, whihc was january. There needs to be a 7.1 sized patch in between at least man.
    If it's really 6 months, even WoD had a better release schedule..
    12-14 boss tier, LOL. I remember a 5 bosses tier, during what most people say is the "best xpac ever!!!11!"
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    It is worse as there is going to be a middle of the expansion drought along with a year long drought after 7.3 heading into the new expansion.

Seriously, this game is in maintenance mode at this point.
    I know right. The only reason a 6 months of nothing but a raid is acceptable, is if there's a new expansion that's being released. They should be pumping out 7.1 style patches every month, with 3/4 big raids independently of them along the expansion. I don't even know what they're doing right now.
    WoD had only 2 patches but at least there's an expac on the horizon.
    Now they're just milking 1 expansion with 10 million patches with 0 content until the next expac launches in 2020

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    12-14 boss tier, LOL. I remember a 5 bosses tier, during what most people say is the "best xpac ever!!!11!"
    It was a bonus raid if anything else. It was in an expansion with FOUR tiers, with an expansion lifespan the same as any other.

Fake news!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    My theory: 7.3 PTR Comes in Early-Mid June (Likely a Week after the ToS raid).
    I like how you turn an educated guess that is all but assured by past events seem like personal theorycrafting.

Based on 7.1 PTR, 7.1.5 PTR, 7.2. PTR and 7.2.5. PTR it seems quite obvious 7.3. PTR will likely be released around June, unless something goes horribly wrong, which I'm never afraid to assume since it's Blizzard, and 75% of what they do is a complete missfire.

Also, 'if you have actually read Chronicles', we can conclude that Ion is just talking out his ass and they'll just retcon the book if it serves gameplay mechanics. Chronicles doesn't imply any other villains than the established ones.