Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    An edgelord is all he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

is it really worth it nerd raging at anything in wow? it's clearly not Tolkein or a great literary work, nor is it intended to be, it's a game with simple enough story on the surface, some cheese and clische, very mainstream themes for the genre, generic in some ways, but with it's own very u nique bland, cutting it up for every inconcsistency you see semse a bit poitless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ckaelir View Post
    I like him a lot too. Good to see him, and the Illidari forces in general, back.

I've been enjoying 7.2 as well so far, my only complaint is that I didn't have any special interactions with him in the Broken Shore as a Demon Hunter, yet.
    I mean, during the class campaign, when the Illidari forces manage to communicate with his soul in the Twisting Nether, he specifically calls the player's name and asks him to lead the forces, thus everyone starts treating you as their leader -or Illidan's right hand- from that point on. One would assume that he would have something to say when he meets said player in person after so long. :P

P.S.: I loved how the Illidari forces start respecting the player as their leader only after Illidan commands it, even though the character already has some story developping him as a member of the Demon Hunter elite group. Some are even skeptical when they see you with the artifact weapon early on. It's a bit silly when some class forces treat you as their leader from the beginning for apparently no reason.
    Yeh, that's rather weird, I would have expected a lot more illidan story and interaction to show up with the Demon hunter class, just because he beocmes a hero to everyone doesn't mean he should be equally distant with every class, the DHs are his thing, he should got ehre.

IO never resneted Malfurion for being accessible to both factions, but they could have had far more stuff /interaction with him added in the night elf section than we saw., Same with a lot o neutral heores, you can be in a neutral capacity but still interact with your friends and people favourably right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    You realized that it has been clarified in latest canon that he was just doing that to buy time for his plans to destroy Kil'Jaeden and the Legion, right? And that he already had plans and schemes he couldn't let Kil'Jaeden know by the time they met again in Outland? Sorry, I don't live in the past and I update my information as frequent as I can.
    10/10 /clap. I too notice a lot of people seldom update their information, especially about the night elves, but hey, probl cos they are on the backburner in most of WoW, utnil Legiion that is - most people''s lore experience is what they see in game, when it comes to exdxtra sources like other/previous game, books, comics etc, it goes thin, and most just rely on gamepedia to tell them what's what as they don't actually pay attention to the stuff in game let alone byuy comiics and read books.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baneador View Post
    i remember when Illidan was a good character and not the new Green Yisus, or maybe... Purple Yisus? All Xera and Illidan story in Legion is like a fanfic, we saw his true nature in Warcraft 3, BC and other stories, the "he was always right, he is a good guy, nobody understand him" is bad.
    well, funny well before Legion and the book Illidan, i felt that Illidan had been right all along, was a good guy at heart and nobody understood him. I got that from the early material, I'm just surprsied how or why people think this is a revelation, they obviously either didn't understand him or didn't pay proper attention to how or what was written aobut him.

I think he's 12 years out of style. I swear I hear "craaaaaawling iiiin my skiiiiiiiin" whenever I hear him talk, and that's not a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    What does ass-to-mouth have anything to do with Illidan being cool?

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    I don't like that he's the "Chosen One." He should just be a powerful, decisive jerk with an army at his back, who we happen to need to get this shit done.

Instead he's a savior, he's powerful, he's a jerk AND he has an army, and we're made to feel that somehow despite all our prestige and all the might we've brought to bear against the Legion, we're not "doing it right" because we're not doing it like Illy.

I like his character overall, he's a shithead. They would have been fine just keeping that part and not making him the "key" to everything. He should earn that kind of thing... instead they're saying "oh he was amazing since birth." Pfffh.
    gosh you mean just 1 prophecy at the end of a book, with no context (did you read the book) and no path yet shown has you hating him? Tha'ts not exactly fair -- so you don't like him becuase one day he would save everyone? and that's a good thing - and you don't like that about him.. you don't like that what they said about him and the conclusions he reached way back in WotA and what you saw in WC3 were actually right about him like the narrrative told, and now the story is ready to reveal the world is to realize that Illidan was rihgt all along and that everything he had sacrificed and suffered for at the hands of Sargeras, endured imprisonment, marred by the fel, allm anner of loss, tough choices, all of it has a meaning and may acutally acheive the desired intention.. and you don't like it..

so you prefer it to be maeninglesss and end up drowning in some pity party of failed potential and ditched storyline

I don't get it.

Your scenario assumes people being fine with the retcons to make him right all along. And a lot of us are not.

Sometimes a power hungry asshole dies with his plans unfulfilled. Its also not an either/or scenario. Its not like we had to have this version of Illidan's return or none at all. That's a complete fallacy.

Illidan should have just been another elite member in the anti-Legion faction, like Khadgar or Maiev or Velen. Not the one savior who will deliver us all from Sargeras' wrath, had the entire plan to destroy the Legion since before even BC, all the shifty shit he did changed to be "for the greater good" and all this other nonsense.

He could have been just as flawed as he originally was and worked fine. Now he's our knight in shining fel armor who will save the day because only he knows how to. Khadgar, who has been basically running the entire anti-Legion efforts since 7.0, is even moved aside for Illidan now.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-04-26 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I've got to admit, i've really been enjoying 7.2 and Illidan is an awesome character in this.. love his attitude, his cocky arrogance over the legion, and yes he doesn't like them at all.

Funny how he and Maiev's language are quite similar, but Illidan pulls it off so much better. Legion filth etc. He bears the scars of fel on him, but unlike the felborne, it's not something he took over some deceived messed up admiration of the leigon like culitst do or greedy lust for power like his elven felborne kin did.. whiles their madness fills us with loathing for them with that look, on him and the demon hunters, though scarred it's a mark of honor for the sacrficie they made.
    Illidan's sass against Maiev in the new dungeon was fucking magnificent.

Quote Originally Posted by Alteiry View Post
    yeh, loved that.

Also quite enjoyed Malfurion trolling Xavius in DHT

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Your scenario assumes people being fine with the retcons to make him right all along. And a lot of us are not.

my point was that Illidan wasn't retconned. This is the Illidan of the WotA novels, WC3 and the Illidan novel. Nothing's been retconned about him. He was right way back in WC3 and in WotA novels, the lore is showing us that now. We knew he wasn't guilty of betraying the night elves anyway, we knew that fromt he WotA novel.

THat novel shows us that Illidan hated the Burning legion, and restored the well to give his people a new start, to rebuild and continue their birthright and arcane legacy. They interpreted it as instead creating the well so that he could re-summon the burning legion and that's why they labelled him betrayer.

He told them that the legion would return regardless, he knew and saw there was more to it, but htey wouldn't listen, well listened to some of it, Malfurion's decision to ban magical use of the Well from Kaldorei soceity was indeed an effort to prevent the legion's return - but Illidan knew that woudln't solve tehproblem.

The books and TFT follow Illidan closely, you have to be reading or seeing things wrong if you thought Illidan EVER was truly on the side of the burning legion and wasn't working to undermine them, infiltrate them, learn their secrets to use against them.. it's been his Mo.

this is why he was mis-understood... all they saw was the demon eyes/touched by Sargeras, and later the fel scars and thought hew as no more than a lackey and despite that, he continues to fight for Azeroth against the demons through it all.

He may have been following Kil'jaeden's order to stop Arthas, but doing so was also good for Azeroth, - I'm not seeing any retcon, all i'm seeing is some peole premautrely disappointed because Illidan's going to be a saviour.

I mean what do you guys expect? It's story development, it's got to move on from the same shit at some point... this is not a D&D game where things remain unchanged in the same state forever, this is a game that the story moves on, at some point peopel are going to realize Illidan was right, and fortuantely for him and thoese who like him, hit happens while he's alive and not hwen he's dead.

THe hate is just pereplexing and very misplaced I feel, but you're all entitled to love and hate who you please, for your own reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was amazing when he asked for 100 Marks of the Sentinax. LUV IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    WoW lore has always been shit. No reason to be a dick though.
    Am I not right though? I'm not saying WoW's lore is perfect. I'm just stating why a lot of lore nerds get so pissed about the lore.

Deleted
    Yeh, that's rather weird, I would have expected a lot more illidan story and interaction to show up with the Demon hunter class, just because he beocmes a hero to everyone doesn't mean he should be equally distant with every class, the DHs are his thing, he should got ehre.
    Well to be fair, he does have some special dialogues here and there, when he offers the "Full Fel" World Quest for example, he calls you Slayer (which is the Demon Hunter class title) and suggests you absorb the essence of some demons and then unleash it to kill the pitlord. The whole dialogue is voiced too.

I haven't unlocked the Broken Shore with other classes, but I don't think he would suggest the same strategy to a paladin.
    But still, he should say something more.

Quote Originally Posted by Alteiry View Post
    Loved it when he replied to Maiev "do what you do best and follow me". Dude came back from the dead edgier than ever.
    Last edited by mmoc985e663195; 2017-04-28 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    Am I not right though? I'm not saying WoW's lore is perfect. I'm just stating why a lot of lore nerds get so pissed about the lore.
    Since vanilla a lot of "lore people" were piss of in how an army of adventures manage to defeat kel'thuzad in naxxramas

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Sometimes a power hungry asshole dies with his plans unfulfilled. Its also not an either/or scenario. Its not like we had to have this version of Illidan's return or none at all. That's a complete fallacy.
    we already had a power hungry asshole who died with his plans unfulfilled, Arthas the douchebag

why should Illy willy suffer the same fate?

Quote Originally Posted by Diannak View Post
    we already had a power hungry asshole who died with his plans unfulfilled, Arthas the douchebag

why should Illy willy suffer the same fate?
    exactly, Arthas reallywas a douche bag, and it was hown many many times, you hardly saw Illidan in TBc, he was just mentioned via his "Illidan's forces are doing... " or "Illidan directed his forces here, and they are doing x thing, stop them"

Even in his encounter you get a hint that he's not all that bad, certianly not the douche that Arthas is or the crazy that Deathwing became.

7+ Year Old Account
    he is so cool, and edgy, badass , bad guy, waow, he just explode guldan!!!111 i want to be him!111!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Even in his encounter you get a hint that he's not all that bad, certianly not the douche that Arthas is or the crazy that Deathwing became.
    Yeah, especially what he says to akama paints him as fair lad.

If Illidan is so perfect, why he didnt helped Kaelthas and the other blood elfs with their magic thirst like he said (not cure it but satisfy it)? (thats make Kaelthas betray him and work for Kiljaeden), why he didnt return Black Temple to Akama?, why he slaved everything in Outland? Why he attacked Shattrath? why he lets the naga dry Zangarmarsh? why everything?

When he could not destroy the Frozen Throne twice, he crapped his pants and returned to Outland to make a big army of naga, blood elfs, fel orcs, demons, draenei and everything to protect himself of Kiljaeden's wrath for his failure. But now... now he is the best character in WoW, and we were the bad guys... we must redeem ourself in this expansion serving him, pffftttt.

Illidan is everything but the hero Blizzard try to show us. "im Illidan, savor of Azeroth, i did nothing wrong. Step aside Khadgar, good and powerful mage who help the real heroes of Azeroth in Wod and Legion, im the star and true important character here, all of you are peasants"
    Last edited by Baneador; 2017-04-29 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    You realized that it has been clarified in latest canon that he was just doing that to buy time for his plans to destroy Kil'Jaeden and the Legion, right? And that he already had plans and schemes he couldn't let Kil'Jaeden know by the time they met again in Outland? Sorry, I don't live in the past and I update my information as frequent as I can.
    I think most people realize this. The problem is this latest change / retcon kind of goes against how Illidan was established in the first place.

He was unique because he wasn't fighting for the greater good. He fought for what he wanted, and that would happen to align with helping the world at times. What he says, how he acts, and what he does previously doesn't match up with what we're being told now.

I think that's a big reason why many players do not like him right now. His story progression does not feel natural.

exactly, Arthas reallywas a douche bag, and it was hown many many times, you hardly saw Illidan in TBc, he was just mentioned via his "Illidan's forces are doing... " or "Illidan directed his forces here, and they are doing x thing, stop them"

On one of the few occasions you encountered him in TBC he was talking nonsense about how not even Arthas could beat him. He was plenty crazy. And on the other one he wanted you dead only because you infiltrated his Nether Dragon enslavement business. Plenty douche as well.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-05-01 at 11:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    On one of the few occasions you encountered him in TBC he was talking nonsense about how not even Arthas could beat him. He was plenty crazy. And on the other one he wanted you dead only because you infiltrated his Nether Dragon enslavement business. Plenty douche as well.
    Without mention the kidnap of orcs and send them to die battling the horde or alliance in the hellfire citadel, stealing water and trying to eat souls of draenei in auchindoun but dont worry i am sure the guy will die ironically when he is trying to be a good guy for once