Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Do you like demon hunters

Yes best class I ever played although I still consider maining my guardian druid

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, they are quite fun, else they are okay.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

*Pop's meta lands on 2 people Cleaves one to 10% hp and kills the healer within 5 seconds pressing Annihilate/Chaos strike with infinite gap closers.* Yea love them a bunch.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're decently fun. But after a few months of maining one, I'm kinda considering going back to my old main.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    They're decently fun. But after a few months of maining one, I'm kinda considering going back to my old main.
    Same I am starting to play my warrior more often

Deleted
    Don't understand who can find a 4 button DPS spec fun

Quote Originally Posted by Taygames View Post
    Yes best class I ever played although I still consider maining my guardian druid
    They're meh.

I mean, it's 100% fanservice, and they bent a lot of the entire expansion around them. Double Jump? Gliding at will? Funny how those go hand in hand with some of the most annoying terrain to ever be seen in any expansion. They made them a "hero" class, with the OPness that goes along with that in order to make more sales. There wasn't even enough lore surrounding them to justify a 3rd spec, and they had to steal some abilities from Warlock to even complete 2.

I don't know. It fits the theme of the expansion pretty well, but I would have loved to have seen Warden as a class in their place instead.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    They're meh.

I mean, it's 100% fanservice, and they bent a lot of the entire expansion around them. Double Jump? Gliding at will? Funny how those go hand in hand with some of the most annoying terrain to ever be seen in any expansion. There wasn't even enough lore surrounding them to justify a 3rd spec, and they had to steal some abilities from Warlock to even complete 2.

I don't know. It fits the theme of the expansion pretty well, but I would have loved to have seen Warden as a class in their place instead.
    death knights and monks were also 100% fanservice, they vent alot of the entire expansions around them, water waking massive mobility? funny how they go hand in hand with some of the raids and dungeons in those expansions.

also they didnt steal spells from warlocks, they got the spells that warlock stole from them
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    death knights and monks were also 100% fanservice, they vent alot of the entire expansions around them, water waking massive mobility? funny how they go hand in hand with some of the raids and dungeons in those expansions.

also they didnt steal spells from warlocks, they got the spells that warlock stole from them
    No they did steal the spells from warlocks warlocks had them first and warcraft 3 is not an excuse besides these demon hunters are nothing like the warcraft 3 demon hunters that had mana burn immolate and that dark meta form

10+ Year Old Account
    No, class is dull, rotation is dull and fel rush/VR/passive movespeed just serves to further the mobility arms race between older and newer classes.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

I like demon hunters ......in my belly.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

Oh, I didn't say it wasn't in line with other "hero" classes. It's just more of the same ol same ol.

I was just expressing how I felt about the class in general. Didn't mean for it to come off like I was spouting hard facts.

As for not stealing spells from locks? Lol? I seem to remember locks being in the game since vanilla. Although I suppose you're referencing WC2 and 3 maybe? It'd be interesting to track the classes all the way back. I'm not a super-pro on that side of the lore. Care to illuminate me? (not sarcasm, I'm actually interested).

- - - Updated - - -

No they did steal the spells from warlocks warlocks had them first and warcraft 3 is not an excuse besides these demon hunters are nothing like the warcraft 3 demon hunters that had mana burn immolate and that dark meta form
    I remember DHs having mana burn and immolate, but not the meta form. I thought that was purely an illidan thing from the RTS when he grabbed Gul'Dan's skull?

Quote Originally Posted by Rivux View Post
    Don't understand who can find a 4 button DPS spec fun
    Isn't that like 80% of dps specs though?

I mean, it's 100% fanservice, and they bent a lot of the entire expansion around them. Double Jump? Gliding at will? Funny how those go hand in hand with some of the most annoying terrain to ever be seen in any expansion.
    I present to you Death Knights and Monks. And let's throw in a race as well: Pandaren.

They made them a "hero" class, with the OPness that goes along with that in order to make more sales.
    There is no "OPness" to being a hero class. Unless, of course, you're going to say that double-jump and gliding during PvP and raid fights somehow increase your performance.

and they had to steal some abilities from Warlock to even complete 2.
    They took back what spells the Warlocks "stole" from them, more likely.

Wardens? You mean, Night Elf rogues? Because that's basically what they are. Night elf rogues in fancy getup.

Dunno yet, waiting for decent race options. I might have to wait for a long time...
    Mother pus bucket!

For Havoc the base playstyle is dull and the Momentum playstyle is awful, but Felblade/Demon Blades starts to feel like a proper DPS spec.

The tanking is fine.

Honestly though whenever I'm on my DH I'd rather be playing my monk.

They're gimmicky, and feel like more of an action game class than an RPG one. The mobility is nice and more than a bit unbalanced in some situations, sort of surprised that it hasn't been nerfed by now.

7+ Year Old Account
    the spells taken from warlocks were spells demon hunters had that were given to warlocks because "eh no demon hunters coming"
    demon hunters had immolation, aura, and metamorph, spells that were given to warlock cause "eh no demon hunters" and were taken back when they were added

also the "dark metamorph" is literally just what metamorph was... but they made it dark to lok scarier
    tell me what spells demon hunters took from warlocks that were not demon hunter spells in warcraft 3 (now i know they have immolation aura instead of immolate, but warlocks kept immolate, so they traded off immolation aura instead)
    - - - Updated - - -

Oh, I didn't say it wasn't in line with other "hero" classes. It's just more of the same ol same ol.

I was just expressing how I felt about the class in general. Didn't mean for it to come off like I was spouting hard facts.

As for not stealing spells from locks? Lol? I seem to remember locks being in the game since vanilla. Although I suppose you're referencing WC2 and 3 maybe? It'd be interesting to track the classes all the way back. I'm not a super-pro on that side of the lore. Care to illuminate me? (not sarcasm, I'm actually interested).

- - - Updated - - -

I remember DHs having mana burn and immolate, but not the meta form. I thought that was purely an illidan thing from the RTS when he grabbed Gul'Dan's skull?
    look below, demon hunters had mana burn, immolate, and metamorph, evasion aswell
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    They're the only good thing in this blasted expansion.

Best class I've played since MoP's 5.4 hasteadin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck Demon Hunters. Took a load of shit from locks and put it in the most boring class going