Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I left Rift, loooong ago, don't really regret it. Just went stale too fast for me.
    Since the previous page went heavily off topic. I recently left. Nothing to do. It's literally spam the same 4 dungeons everyday, do RNG fragment farming and hope it doesn't roll Wisdom or Block as a Ranger, Instanced Rifts and no actual progression raid yet. Literally it only just hit the PTS and is just an upscale of mechanics so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Since the previous page went heavily off topic. I recently left. Nothing to do. It's literally spam the same 4 dungeons everyday, do RNG fragment farming and hope it doesn't roll Wisdom or Block as a Ranger, Instanced Rifts and no actual progression raid yet. Literally it only just hit the PTS and is just an upscale of mechanics so far.
    i check the forums ones and a while to see it anything interesting is happening in the game, been hoping to get some value for what i put in to the game so far
    and everyday a little piece of that hope dies.......and the rift people don't even seem interested in listening to the players

Quote Originally Posted by lokoma View Post
    i check the forums ones and a while to see it anything interesting is happening in the game, been hoping to get some value for what i put in to the game so far
    and everyday a little piece of that hope dies.......and the rift people don't even seem interested in listening to the players
    Same, but look at the state of it here. Slipmat is a trion shill. Thats 1 poster left saying positive things in this prison of his own design. Even wildstar has two.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Same, but look at the state of it here. Slipmat is a trion shill. Thats 1 poster left saying positive things in this prison of his own design. Even wildstar has two.
    yeah the shill whos got to insult anyone who speaks about the crap game....Slipmat what a great ambassador. i was positive about the game for a little while my self but then i hit end game

Hey, Tirion, I'm a retard that can't remember things, so good job for implementing security features that are not retard free! What if instead of the security question you would use security ANSWERS? And we provide the questions we get into our head at that moment? See, a great idea and it's not even hard to implement!

Please post productively and respectfully. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-04-24 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lokoma View Post
    yeah the shill whos got to insult anyone who speaks about the crap game....Slipmat what a great ambassador. i was positive about the game for a little while my self but then i hit end game
    I'm fairly certain he's blocked everyone that posts in this forum by this point- so he's just posting whatever he's paid to post.

Neat that he can circumvent a forum ban for 'mod abuse' just because of his ambassador status.

Again, keep discussion related to Rift and not others posting habits. If you don't like another poster, feel free to put them on ignore, that's what the feature is for. But continually going off topic to air gripes about others posting habits contributes nothing to any discussion and usually serves to drive it off-topic.

I maintain what I said tbh. Trove seems more likely to fetch them money in now so I imagine they will focus on that.

I maintain what I said tbh. Trove seems more likely to fetch them money in now so I imagine they will focus on that.
    I tried Trove out when it first came out, or maybe it was while it was in Beta, I don't remember. It was pretty fun I guess, but not fun enough for me to keep playing. Currently playing Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition. Now THAT is a great game. 2-player co-op mode is amazing and my wife and I have had more fun playing that together than any MMO, Chocolate Rift included. Granted, it's not an MMO, but it is a great RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I tried Trove out when it first came out, or maybe it was while it was in Beta, I don't remember. It was pretty fun I guess, but not fun enough for me to keep playing. Currently playing Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition. Now THAT is a great game. 2-player co-op mode is amazing and my wife and I have had more fun playing that together than any MMO, Chocolate Rift included. Granted, it's not an MMO, but it is a great RPG.
    Tbh Trove is great for what it is. Whoever is working on that game at Trion actually seems to give a damn about polish.

Tbh Trove is great for what it is. Whoever is working on that game at Trion actually seems to give a damn about polish.
    Oh I agree, even when I played which I am pretty sure was Beta and a bit after launch, everything worked well and did what it was supposed to. It did keep me entertained for quite some time. Great game, just not really my style of game. I bet my daughter would love it though. Maybe I'll re-install it tonight and get it on my wife's computer too so my daughter and I can play together tomorrow afternoon. Tomorrow is a "holiday" in my city, so she's out of school and I only work half a day. Will be a great way for us to spend an afternoon together, unless we go to Fiesta Texas.

Oh I agree, even when I played which I am pretty sure was Beta and a bit after launch, everything worked well and did what it was supposed to. It did keep me entertained for quite some time. Great game, just not really my style of game. I bet my daughter would love it though. Maybe I'll re-install it tonight and get it on my wife's computer too so my daughter and I can play together tomorrow afternoon. Tomorrow is a "holiday" in my city, so she's out of school and I only work half a day. Will be a great way for us to spend an afternoon together.
    I'm sat here on PS4 atm with it. Really plays well with a controller.

Anyway I'd sort of say this is related to Rift being abandoned so here goes. I wonder how many raiding guilds are left? Last I remember when Comet of Ahnket normal was current around 30 guilds cleared it on Normal. I refuse to believe they all stayed for SFP because we are looking at Mid-Late may for intrepid ROTP release which would mean 6 months without a progression raid.

I'm sat here on PS4 atm with it. Really plays well with a controller.

Anyway I'd sort of say this is related to Rift being abandoned so here goes. I wonder how many raiding guilds are left? Last I remember when Comet of Ahnket normal was current around 30 guilds cleared it on Normal. I refuse to believe they all stayed for SFP because we are looking at Mid-Late may for intrepid ROTP release which would mean 6 months without a progression raid.
    We'll have to see won't we. I'll be interested when it finally comes out. I know some raiders who hop from game to game who will likely hop in to Rift to check it out, clear it, get what they want and hop to another game until another raid comes out. It's funny how games can stay alive that way, simply because other games give people something to do while there is a lull in content in one game. I really feel that if more MMOs had less grindy content, they could actually attract more players if they time their releases of new content in other games down times. Remove the grinds and just release fun and interesting new content and don't worry if players drift away once they've beaten that content, just give them another good reason to come back in a few months. If they had done a really great new raid, not just an upscaled raid I've already run ad nauseum, I would probably buy and play SFP, then stop until T2 came out, even if it took 9 months for T2 to arrive.

The problem is, you have players like a certain someone here who only play one game all the time and don't even look at other alternatives, and the devs appear to only listen to those people. There are several large guilds out there that span multiple games though. If you are a member in one game and join another game you are welcomed with open arms. The problem with that is, if you are going to plan on letting people go to other games and float back, you need to keep the barrier of entry dollar wise a bit lower than Rift does. Currently, I think it's just far too expensive to do that with Rift. WoW and FFXIV too for that matter. FFXIV though, IMO, doesn't leave enough time for other games. If you can do what they do though, then the cost is worth it. In Rift, it just does not feel worth it. I really used to hate SWTORs model, but really it's very successful and works, likely for reasons like this. You can play for free, then sub up when new content comes out, play the content, cancel sub, go play something else and re-sub when new content arrives. I've actually given thought to checking it out again, though the super buggy raid content at launch really left a bad taste in my mouth and has prevented me from going back for quite some time now.
    @Edge- In light of this conversation I had an idea. Seeing as this forums is becoming much deader than it used to be, and there has been talk of removing it, instead of removing it, why not just change it from a Rift Only Forums to a Trion Worlds Forum, since they do have several other games now. May breath some life back in to the forum.

@Edge- In light of this conversation I had an idea. Seeing as this forums is becoming much deader than it used to be, and there has been talk of removing it, instead of removing it, why not just change it from a Rift Only Forums to a Trion Worlds Forum, since they do have several other games now. May breath some life back in to the forum.
    Feel free to make the suggestion in the Suggestions & Feedback forum. I don't have any control over this kinda stuff, I just enforce the rules.

Rift's been dead since they released the Dream Soul pack separate from the Nightmare Tide expansion, and charged it an arm and a leg. I waited to see if they were going to add the Dream Soul pack as a bundle with Nightmare Tide, and was pissed when they didn't. Left the game, at that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    I wasn't aware the "raid gear" you bought in the cash shop was the best in slot..oh wait, it wasn't, you got the best gear in the game from actually doing the raids, also you might try reading a bit better, i didn't say anywhere you called earring slots P2W.

On hindsight it might have been the better idea to have charged for Nightmare Tide and done, but they tried to give it away for free and charge for some items, it didn't work so now it's back to paying for an Expansion, i can't make it anymore clearer than that.

You make it sound like what was at launch was the entire Expansion and that's it, no more content for another 2 years or when ever 5.0 is launched
    Can I ask... honestly, why do you defend Rift like you do? Is there some personal gain you get from defending it so much?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    I'm fairly certain he's blocked everyone that posts in this forum by this point- so he's just posting whatever he's paid to post.

Neat that he can circumvent a forum ban for 'mod abuse' just because of his ambassador status.
    i invested over 200$ in this game just to hit level cap and realize it a steaming pile of crap its nice to think all my support goes to a shill to insult me. af if i never played the game......never going to support anything this company dose again

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...imbalance.html

What a shock. Someone mentions imbalance and it's locked by guess who?

This is why most former players do not frequent the official Rift forums anymore. You can't have a fair discussion because of the CM team. It's all one sided and if any of it is critique then it's locked. Reddit is just as bad sometimes too.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-04-28 at 05:37 PM.

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...imbalance.html

What a shock. Someone mentions imbalance and it's locked by guess who?

This is why most former players do not frequent the official Rift forums anymore. You can't have a fair discussion because of the CM team. It's all one sided and if any of it is critique then it's locked. Reddit is just as bad sometimes too.
    they got a nice echo chamber going on over there....

Ugh, Brasse strikes again.

Normally I'm on board with closing threads that are snarky as fuck and kinda hostile, but given how long class balance has been an issue (i.e. it's been dogshit this entire expansion given everything I've read), a certain level of frustration should be both accepted and tolerated as long as it doesn't devolve into outright flaming and break forum rules.

The forums continue to be a complete and total joke, I do not like the way they moderate them or their attempts to "steer" the community from the CM's.

Haven't looked at the PTS changes yet, are they making any meaningful headway towards some semblance of balance? Or are things still looking as rough as they've been since launch : /