[Balance] Lady and the Child with Wax and Wane

Hello,

I recently received the legendary Lady and the Child which has the effect: "Equip: Moonfire deals 20% increased damage and also hits another nearby enemy within 20 yds of the target."

How does this change my priority list when dealing with trash mobs in mythic+, or with adds in raid boss fights? With the artifact trait "Wax and Wane", would it be any good to spam Moonfires? (Wax and Wane: "Your Moonfire increases the direct damage of your next Moonfire by 25%, stacking up to 5 times").

Also, is this legendary considered cross-spec? Because it works for all specs, including feral if you choose the Moonfire talent. (Asking because it was my 2nd only legendary, so if it isn't cross-spec I would change my loot spec to resto for higher chance for legendary drop).

Thanks

It does work cross spec, so your Moonfires in Guardian will hit an additional target. I don't know if it counts for cross spec legendary.

LatC is good in M+ at higher keystones where you DoTs get to tick their full length and/or theres enough targets to generate enough AsP to keep throwing down Starfalls and with higher movement affixes ie Volcanic, the instant damage can hit pretty hard and often times I'll forgo hard casting Lunar strike when I have no empowerments left just to spam MF, it has a higher DPET than unempowered SW but generates less AsP.

If it doesn't drop in the other specs then it doesn't count as a legendary drop for them

- LATC is a Balance Legendary. It only counts against Balance spec for the sake of BLP and obtaining other legendaries (rule of thumb: If it's on that spec's Legendary List [check the Adventure Guide Loot section], it only counts against that/those specs. For Druid specifically: Ekowraith, Prydaz, and Sephuz are all 4 specs, Cinidaria is all specs but Resto, KJBW [DPS Trinket] is for Balance and Feral, and Luffa Wrappings is for Feral and Guardian. All other legendaries are only 1 spec).
    - LATC does a twin Moonfire for every spec. It also does proc off of the passive part of Guardian's "Galactic Guardian" talent (and obviously casting it does a twin Moonfire as well). The only benefit LATC doesn't carry to the second Moonfire is the +400% direct damage of GG procs (the primary target takes 400% increased damage, the second target doesn't get that benefit).
    - LATC prioritizes targets that does not have the Moonfire debuff and is within 20y of the original Moonfire target. Both the secondary and primary targets must have already been in combat for the second Moonfire to trigger. If all targets within 20y of the primary target are in combat (and the primary target is also in combat too), then LATC will prioritize the closest target. LATC does not factor the duration of Moonfire into account, it will only prioritize targets without Moonfire before just hitting the closest target with it.
    - LATC does benefit from Wax and Wane (both targets take up to 125% increased Direct Damage from Moonfire), but neither LATC nor Wax and Wane changes your rotation. The only thing LATC incentivizes you to do as a Boomkin is to consider Moonfiring ~4-6 targets instead of only ~2-3.
    - Overall, LATC is a mid-tier legendary that is really good in M+ and low-to-mid target cleaving. It's also a very solid DPS choice for Guardians as Moonfire is a huge portion of Guardian's damage.

This should hopefully answer any and all questions you (or anyone else) has regarding LATC
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I'd say it's slightly better than mid-tier, one of the top legendaries for Skorpyron, Aluriel, Tichondrius, Botanist, Elisande, and Gul'dan, so mostly the hard bosses which highly incentive cleave damage or aoe damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    I'd say it's slightly better than mid-tier, one of the top legendaries for Skorpyron, Aluriel, Tichondrius, Botanist, Elisande, and Gul'dan, so mostly the hard bosses which highly incentive cleave damage or aoe damage.
    Top 3? Yeah for sure on some of those fights, otherwise, it's pretty mid when it's raw single target. IMO it'll always be beaten by OI/IFE on pretty much anything though, granted I don't have IFE yet.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    - LATC is a Balance Legendary. It only counts against Balance spec for the sake of BLP and obtaining other legendaries (rule of thumb: If it's on that spec's Legendary List [check the Adventure Guide Loot section], it only counts against that/those specs. For Druid specifically: Ekowraith, Prydaz, and Sephuz are all 4 specs, Cinidaria is all specs but Resto, KJBW [DPS Trinket] is for Balance and Feral, and Luffa Wrappings is for Feral and Guardian. All other legendaries are only 1 spec).
    - LATC does a twin Moonfire for every spec. It also does proc off of the passive part of Guardian's "Galactic Guardian" talent (and obviously casting it does a twin Moonfire as well). The only benefit LATC doesn't carry to the second Moonfire is the +400% direct damage of GG procs (the primary target takes 400% increased damage, the second target doesn't get that benefit).
    - LATC prioritizes targets that does not have the Moonfire debuff and is within 20y of the original Moonfire target. Both the secondary and primary targets must have already been in combat for the second Moonfire to trigger. If all targets within 20y of the primary target are in combat (and the primary target is also in combat too), then LATC will prioritize the closest target. LATC does not factor the duration of Moonfire into account, it will only prioritize targets without Moonfire before just hitting the closest target with it.
    - LATC does benefit from Wax and Wane (both targets take up to 125% increased Direct Damage from Moonfire), but neither LATC nor Wax and Wane changes your rotation. The only thing LATC incentivizes you to do as a Boomkin is to consider Moonfiring ~4-6 targets instead of only ~2-3.
    - Overall, LATC is a mid-tier legendary that is really good in M+ and low-to-mid target cleaving. It's also a very solid DPS choice for Guardians as Moonfire is a huge portion of Guardian's damage.

This should hopefully answer any and all questions you (or anyone else) has regarding LATC
    Reffering to the bolded part. From what i understood the empowered proc goes off as the seconds moonfire of this legendary, so let's say swiping 5 mobs would eventually lead to no actual visible empowered moonfire button, as the empowered moonfire is the second one to go. Enlighten plox!

The empowered MF has to be actively cast. Procs don't use it.
    Top 3? Yeah for sure on some of those fights, otherwise, it's pretty mid when it's raw single target. IMO it'll always be beaten by OI/IFE on pretty much anything though, granted I don't have IFE yet.
    It's better when you have to hold CDs and can't properly take advantage of IFE.

Does the second moonfire cast with LI for feral generate a second combo point?

I have some good results with it on aoe or add heavy fights, specifically on botanist I tried, and liked, moonfire spam as filler instead of LS or SW.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    Reffering to the bolded part. From what i understood the empowered proc goes off as the seconds moonfire of this legendary, so let's say swiping 5 mobs would eventually lead to no actual visible empowered moonfire button, as the empowered moonfire is the second one to go. Enlighten plox!
    Um... no idea what you're talking about, and I've done a ton of dungeons as bear and it worked exactly as I described (anyone who's been to the Follower Optimization thread knows I've done 100+ Kara runs, all as Bear lol. I've had plenty of time to test LATC)

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's better when you have to hold CDs and can't properly take advantage of IFE.
    Like I said, I don't have IFE so I don't know from experience. LATC is pretty good, sometimes not so good, but it's better than a ton of the crap we can get like PoE, Sephuz (when not proccable), Shittidaria, Ekowraith, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by thedeisel View Post
    Does the second moonfire cast with LI for feral generate a second combo point?
    I have absolutely no clue, but let me go test it. Going to assume it doesn't. *testing* As assumed, it does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Argenon View Post
    I have some good results with it on aoe or add heavy fights, specifically on botanist I tried, and liked, moonfire spam as filler instead of LS or SW.
    Except overall it will do less damage in the long run due to the weaker AsP generation.

Except overall it will do less damage in the long run due to the weaker AsP generation.
    I did not have any AsP problems, with sunfire ticking on 3 mobs using shooting stars I was still able to maintain Starfall. In just comparing this one moonfire spam kill and my previous one, my moonfire spam only has about 8 million less starfall damage but with 16 million more total damage in about a 35 second shorter fight. I know its hard to compare just one week to another, and I may have just had a better kill, but it felt better, and was actually fun to try something new.

-EDIT-
    I only use LatC on very specific fights. I run IFE on everything and on ST fights I go with the boots as my best option. I don't have OI or ED.
    Last edited by Argenon; 2017-04-28 at 05:14 PM.