Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I think he agreed with Sam Harris that 1% of Muslims are radical terrorist and that 1% of 1 billion is a large number enough to be concerned about it.

Democrats don't like people saying anything bad about their perceived potential voter bsae.
    Like my friend colin quinn would say "dont let a few million bad apples spoil the bunch"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    no, they're not.
    the dems arent a left wing party, and they pander to the center
    other left wing parties are mostly social democrats, and also pander to the center, and are in bed with the same corporations than of the right
    How is embracing BLM, claiming misogyny as contributing to your loss, calling half of the the other side's support "deplorable", etc., pandering to the center? Those were just the actions of Clinton, who I supported... I am not even including the DNC chair debate where one candidate was screeching about how she would make it her duty to put white people in their place... Or the congressman praising the increasing suicide rates of white men, etc.

These things are not pandering to the center.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post

David Rubin 'left the left' and sees it today as a REgressive system and a recipe for authoritarianism.
    I strongly agree with his message. Today conservativism is standing up for the rights that progressivism has abandoned.
    And we dont even have a left wing party right now in the USA, republicans are of the cliff right wing extreme and democrats are in many cases further to the right than what eisenhowers republicans where in the 1950s really all we have is right wing and extreme right wing as the choice right now.

Look no further than how DNC is filled with corporate so called democrats. nothing left wing or progressive with those people which is why donny won the election he attacked from the LEFT on issues like trade. all of it LIES but still it proves we have ample room for a true left wing candidate and party to push the political spectrum over to the left a few notches since really i have no interest in finding a middle ground between right wingers and extreme right wingers.

despite what the right wingers think that middle ground between those two isnt a centrist position it is a right wing position.

Lots of no true Scotsman in this thread..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I think he agreed with Sam Harris that 1% of Muslims are radical terrorist and that 1% of 1 billion is a large number enough to be concerned about it.

Democrats don't like people saying anything bad about their perceived potential voter bsae.
    That Islamophobic monster!

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    How is embracing BLM, claiming misogyny as contributing to your loss, calling half of the the other side's support "deplorable", etc., pandering to the center? Those were just the actions of Clinton, who I supported... I am not even including the DNC chair debate where one candidate was screeching about how she would make it her duty to put white people in their place... Or the congressman praising the increasing suicide rates of white men, etc.

These things are not pandering to the center.
    yes, they're
    remember, clinton was and still is a centre right candidate.
    i really, REALLY think what's really happning is that we're seeing an unprecedented wave of whining from the right, in a way not seen before.
    coupled with the movement of them further to the right
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2017-04-28 at 08:10 PM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Lots of no true Scotsman in this thread..
    How exactly does that apply to this thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    yes, they're
    remember, clinton was and still is a centre right candidate.
    i really, REALLY think what's really happning is that we're seeing an unprecedented wave of whining from the right, like really
    But there is no whining from the left, no sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Aurinaux View Post
    The OP used these things called words. Among them were these two statements:

Progressivism is a recipe for Authoritarianism.
    Conservatism has taken up the progressive ideology.

I mean.. even if you can argue that these words are vague, there is enough delineation to call this bullshit.
    You can never be conservative since change is constant, so one must put their foot down, reverse course, challenge 'progress' and be reactionary!

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    But there is no whining from the left, no sir!
    the whining from the left has always been there, since like marx wrote his manifesto
    identity politics are orthogonal to the left/right spectrum
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    How exactly does that apply to this thread?
    Easy. The goal is to make your "opponents" own every last one of the folks who identify with their political goals, but disavow the cretins who side with you. Apparently, some people think this is ingenious.

I wonder if one day, we might actually start describing ideologies by more than just one word, and people by more than just one idea/ideology.
    "Are you a moderate or a conservative?"
    NO, im a unique human being with lots of opinions and ideas about everything, one word is not enough define me!

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    I wonder if one day, we might actually start describing ideologies by more than just one word, and people by more than just one idea/ideology.
    NO, im a unique human being with lots of opinions and ideas about everything, one word is not enough define me!
    Then who would we grind our axes against? I mean, sure there's Phil down the hall, but fuck that guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post

David Rubin 'left the left' and sees it today as a REgressive system and a recipe for authoritarianism.
    I strongly agree with his message. Today conservativism is standing up for the rights that progressivism has abandoned.
    I don't see liberals or progressivsm abandoning any rights save for the extra rights rich white men entitle themselves with.

And I definitely don't see conservatives picking up the so called 'torch'. They are fighting for the right of exclusion of free speech, which is not any better than authoritarianism.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

How about losing reactionary/conservative/liberal as policies or party positions and instead use them to describe an outlook on life, or a predisposition towards changing the status quo?

"How is it possible that Donald Trump is the President of the United States?"

Shows this video, "Here is why"

"nope, it's the Russians REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    How about losing reactionary/conservative/liberal as policies or party positions and instead use them to describe an outlook on life, or a predisposition towards changing the status quo?
    Agreed i call my self a conservative but hell im liberal in most policies lol, if u wanna fuck guys why should i care ir u want an abortion why should i care ya feel me

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    "How is it possible that Donald Trump is the President of the United States?"

Shows this video, "Here is why"

"nope, it's the Russians REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
    Trump is president because Hillary was a terrible candidate who was smeared for 30 years and dumbass on-the-fencers thought she was a sure thing and either didn't vote or threw a vote away for a 3rd party candidate. Along with Comey putting out information that led to nothing suggesting there was new information on Hillary regarding an investigation.

Trump won by collectively under 100k votes. Stop pretending it was some big "fuck you" to sjws. That isn't what happened despite what all the alt-right and conservatives want to pretend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well people try that.

But they mention one thing they are for or against and the other side attacks.

*agree with something the left supports* "YOU FUCKING LIBERAL CUCK SJW!"
    *agree with something the right supports* "YOU FUCKING RACIST NAZI ALT-RIGHT SCUM!"

Quote Originally Posted by Raunchy View Post
    Agreed i call my self a conservative but hell im liberal in most policies lol, if u wanna fuck guys why should i care ir u want an abortion why should i care ya feel me
    Somewhat the same. I'm mostly a conservative person. I like things to remain somewhat the same, and I don't like risk... I don't like radical change (and there are plenty of lines of argument you could use to defend this position). I like sustainability big time - one of the reasons I'm accepting of gays is that being in the closet is unsustainable and leads to unhealthy fake relationships (other than that I was never really "grossed out" by them anyways). But this thinking also makes me skeptical of radically changing gender roles so I'll look like some sexist in some conversations

edit: this is also why I prefer environmental protections and public healthcare. the former helps to sustain the beauty and value of nature to us that is sure darn hard to find in the universe. the latter helps keep society on an even keel with regards to health, and avoiding outbreaks of something would meet the goal of sustaining civilization and all that we've worked so hard to build up.
    Last edited by Kraenen; 2017-04-28 at 08:34 PM.