Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    No, the general complaint is that Marvel keeps doing events and relaunching. Do you even pay attention to what we're discussing in here?
    Maybe you should have reasoned that that's exemplary of shitty writing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Yeah, and one of the things they established in the comics is Sif doesn't like Midgard that much. She wouldn't fit well into a story about a protector of Earth who is also a human with human problems.
    Sif the cosmic adventurer? Fine. Sif the warrior of Asgard? Brilliant. If your miffed that Sif hasn't been appearing in that role much I suggest.you direct your ire more towards Angela than Jane Foster.
    Seems to me I would direct my ire to where it deserves; the writers and those that make the decisions above.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Why would I reason something that's the exact opposite of true? Relaunching and events are editorial decisions made from a business standpoint; the quality of writing is rarely an actual factor in the decision.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post

Seems to me I would direct my ire to where it deserves; the writers and those that make the decisions above.
    the writers arent to blame for the events. they are trying to tell their story and then are forced to either work around it, finish it in time before the event, or if theyre extra unlucky hope theyre able to continue on their storylines after they relaunch post event.

the individual stories themselves are good, marvel just keeps fucking the writers up by interrupting them, this used to be fine when the events were more spaced out and writers had more time to plan their stories around them or help build up to them but now every couple months is a new god damn event they have to deal with
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

There's a reason why these characters lasted as long as they have to become icons...
    Had they constantly changed shit to make more shit...and inconsistent shit at that, they would have died in the same way of Fox Comics long ago.

But "Marvel Legacy" right?

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    You folks may have missed it, but I'd still like some answers to this question to help me out
    I prefer self contained stories myself.
    Old Man Logan, imo the best Wolverine story ever told.
    Punisher Warzone: The whole run is Frank Castle at his best.
    Civil War and its tie ins
    Deadpool and Cable, anything Deadpool
    Neil Gaiman's The Eternals
    Doctor Strange: The Oath
    Spiderman: Spiderverse event.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

You folks may have missed it, but I'd still like some answers to this question to help me out

Vision maxi-series from about a year ago was very good. Tom King and Gabriel Hernandez Walta really hit it out the park.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unworthy Thor, Doctor Strange: Last Days of Magic and the current Steve Rogers: Captain America run are all excellent. Thanos' solo run is also rather good.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Would also suggest
    Joss Wheadons's run on Astonishing X-men.
    New Avengers
    Jonathan Hickmens run on Fantastic Four
    Dan Slotmens run on Spiderman
    House of M
    Annihilation wave
    Kevin Smiths Guardian Devil
    Immortal Ironfist

how long ago since you read comics? id say death of spider-man and subsequently miles series in ultimate spider-man are really good also spider-men where 616 peter goes and meets miles

also unbeatable squirrel girl is amazing. read it.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Except for about a year of the Valiant relaunch and a few years of Uber, it's been since around the turn of the century since I was reading anything from the big 2 on a constant basis.

That's why i don't want to pick up anything from more than a few weeks ago ... I don't want to get invested in a part of the story where I've got a year or more of catching up to do. I'd like to pick up something that came out this last month that I can just start with right now.

Like I said, I know that means I'll be jumping into the middle of a story most likely. But so long as it doesn't depend on knowing a ton of minutae from the last decade or so I should be able to pick it up quickly. Hell, I'm doing ok with Wonder Woman having just read the two most recent issues

Is Squirrel Girl actually good? Or is it as silly as I expect it to be? I've already got funny covered by reading Knights of the Dinner Table
    its very silly but also very good. id say read the death of spider-man and the first couple issues of miles becoming spider-man then jump into his current solo series.

after secret wars miles got sent to the main universe and while he recently got his memories back from the ultimate universe as long as you know about the impact peter had on his origins you can just jump in

Put me as someone recommending AGAINST the Miles Spider-Man run, since I find Bendis to be a weak writer, with Spider-Man being no exception.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of those four, which one would you recommend the most recent issue as the highest? I've also been considering Secret Empire and Mighty Thor, but really want to try something I hadn't thought of that others think is really good.
    Secret Empire, as it's just started. Unworthy Thor is a five issue mini series that ended last month, Doctor Strange is a ten issue arc that ended a while back (but is available in a collected edition) and Thanos is half way through.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Of those four, which one would you recommend the most recent issue as the highest? I've also been considering Secret Empire and Mighty Thor, but really want to try something I hadn't thought of that others think is really good.
    I would read Secret Empire but start with the Captain America: Steve Rogers comic #1 - 16. I can't emphasize enough how much I am loving Hydra Cap! Like hes easily gone from the pinnacle of what it means to be a hero to ultimate villain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I would read Secret Empire but start with the Captain America: Steve Rogers comic #1 - 16.
    I second this. Secret wars is great, but because SUPER great once you've read Captain America.

Saw Gotg vol 2
    Loved how Cosmo the dog got some love <3

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I second this. Secret wars is great, but because SUPER great once you've read Captain America.
    I also liked when Steve Rogers was in the Sam Wilson Comic and basically set Sam up to fail. I really like Sam Wilson (the character, not the current comic) but it was such a villainous thing to do to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I also liked when Steve Rogers was in the Sam Wilson Comic and basically set Sam up to fail. I really like Sam Wilson (the character, not the current comic) but it was such a villainous thing to do to him.
    Indeed. This current run has really shown how much Steve held back, because of his morals.

A couple of months without them handicapping him and he's now supreme ruler of America, and has killed off or disabled about 50% of earths superheroes... savage.

Disapointed in the little to no talk about GotG2 in this thread.... actually shocked by the lack of talk. I went and saw it on the 26th when I was in Sydney.

The movie was absolutely freaking perfect as a sequel. Dave Bautista owns each and every scene he is in which is a big ask when sharing the screen with the uber cute baby groot and chris 'I can do no freaking wrong' pratt. The amount of cameos of not only comic characters but movie stars is insane.
    The script is sharp and hilarious, the pacing is perfect, the soundtrack is of course amazing and yes they somehow made a superior movie then the original.

Easily the best movie ive seen this year and probably will remain the best of the year for me.

Its not out in America yet, thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    eta: So I went ahead and bought volume 1 of Steve Rogers Despite the fact that I wanted to start with something that came out this month you've all convinced me I should get caught up on Hydra Cap before I start in on Secret Empire.
    Good call, hope you enjoy it as much as I have been so far. It really is worth reading it before you read Secret Empire... Might also be worth reading Civil War II as well, not RIGHT now, but I think it'll have important connections to later in the Secret Empire arc.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Disapointed in the little to no talk about GotG2 in this thread.... actually shocked by the lack of talk.
    That's because it has it's own thread. It's easier to avoid spoilers if they keep discussion of newly released films in their own seperate thread.