Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I've only ever had one group that didn't know about that second shortcut (yellow line).

The first shortcut (orange line) is new to me though. I always thought the water elemental/stone troll giant boss was located on an elevated platform.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    I always do the dark red skip but the black skip is like trying to go around Cenarius's trash in LFR ... its just as quick to just kill the trash because it takes forever to explain it and it usually goes bad anyways.

Although its great you want a speed run not everyone is there to rush rush rush the dungeon. There are 4 other people in your run and they may want the gear or another chance at the timewalking mount all of which can come from Eck. Just because "you" want a get out asap doesn't mean they do. I for one always do Eck.
    if they wanted to kill eck and i didnt i would allow it but they wanna do extra trash

just most groups ignore eck and its the same in a speed run or a slow run either way so it doesent need to be put on
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    You can also go back down to the water after Statue/Elemental Boss and dive through a hole in the ground.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I've ever been in a group that didn't jump through the water after the second boss, and then jump off the balcony after the third boss and go up through the middle.

The "skip" after the first boss doesn't really change a whole lot. There are like three packs and it's a pretty straight line to the next room. So I don't really know how much time you save with that one. I pretty much blitz right to the end, and I've never seen a single person ask to do Eck.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    I don't think I've ever been in a group that didn't jump through the water after the second boss, and then jump off the balcony after the third boss and go up through the middle.

The "skip" after the first boss doesn't really change a whole lot. There are like three packs and it's a pretty straight line to the next room. So I don't really know how much time you save with that one. I pretty much blitz right to the end, and I've never seen a single person ask to do Eck.
    well the group that kicked me didnt like me jumping into the water after the second boss to swim to the third (yes i did dismiss my pet, im not that stupid)

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i do the timewalking fror the cache for chance at teir/trinkets
    extra weekly bonus roll and abit of AP
    what does not doing a bonus boss have to do with just raiding guldan each week?
    and that 2 minutes adds up, if you get gundrak 5 times in a row, thats 10 minutes, and again its still time "why do people try to do M+ faster gaaawd, by do epople skip trash in raids gaaawd"
    10 minutes over the course of 5 TW dungeons isn't a significant amount, no matter how much time you have allotted to log in.

I'm not sure what your point about M+ is supposed to be saying, people try to do them faster because A) it's timed and B) it's current, high-level content, which invites the sort of people who would be interested in optimizing runs in the first place. Timewalking specifically and LFD in general will always gravitate towards the known, easiest path, and in this case people have known the route through Gundrak since 2008. Your way very well may be better, but people aren't going to relearn a dungeon that comes up once every 6-8 weeks (maybe twice in the same 5 if your RNG decides so).
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Swimming there and constantly being dazed by the fish is in no way faster than simply pulling all trash mobs from the first to the second boss.

It definitely is faster if trash was a time limiting factor, but it is not in timewalking, and while leveling you want to do the trash for XP. It was the best strat when the instance was current or during wod when timewalking was at least a little challenging.

Now, explaining to the group is slower and I even doubt it would be faster than just running from one boss to another.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Swimming there and constantly being dazed by the fish is in no way faster than simply pulling all trash mobs from the first to the second boss.

It definitely is faster if trash was a time limiting factor, but it is not in timewalking, and while leveling you want to do the trash for XP. It was the best strat when the instance was current or during wod when timewalking was at least a little challenging.

Now, explaining to the group is slower and I even doubt it would be faster than just running from one boss to another.
    if the tank or somone like a warlock who has shields leads then no one will be dazed

if the tank or somone like a warlock who has shields leads then no one will be dazed
    Even then the way is just as long but you have to swim it, and the other way you can just run. Just to be clear, talking about the way between the first and second boss, everyone goes through the water between second and third one.

I've done Gundrak normal/heroic and TW in five minutes and I don't even take that route.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Even then the way is just as long but you have to swim it, and the other way you can just run. Just to be clear, talking about the way between the first and second boss, everyone goes through the water between second and third one.
    Honestly, if you can't get across the water faster than your can go the other way, you're trash. Run up to the edge, jump, use a cc/stun/root/knockback anything on a fish, or hell, kill the damn thing, it has no hp. And then swim for 4 seconds. Add a speed boost before you jump off, or any kind of leap/disengage sort of thing when in the water, and it's even faster.

OT: If you aren't geared enough/good enough to solo trash and bosses, you follow the tank and do what they want to do. Ofc suggest the skip beforehand, but if they don't do it, don't run off without them, do the run their way.

If I saw some dickhead, sitting at the next boss not helping with trash, going on about something I didn't care about in party chat, I'd kick him. You're in the dungeon, help with trash.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    I've done Gundrak normal/heroic and TW in five minutes and I don't even take that route.
    And? If you can do it faster, why not.

taking this path you jump down off the first boss area and quickly swim to where the second boss is, then after him jump down into the water in the elevated area, allowing you to skip the mobs in area Black, and area Dark Red. Most groups know how to skip area Dark Red. But not many groups know you can skip area Black.

---1/4 me complaining about getting kicked for doing the shortcut and even telling them to follow me for shortcut, but they ignored me, and then i sat at the 2nd boss waiting for them, 3/4 teaching people how to shorten their time spent in this dungeon :3---

- - - Updated - - -

Complete gundrak in 5 minutes using that strat, anyone else have better times :P
    I use the water path like you suggest while leveling, and while in timewalking.. While leveling, even if the group doesn't follow me, i just solo the boss and the adds that come with it. (So far have soloed it on every class except a mage). By the time they even get to that boss using the normal way, im already in the water and killing the 2 big mobs right before the third boss. I as well, ask people to follow me, and say "jump in the water, its quicker". Sometimes they follow, sometimes they do not.. But in my opinion this is a hell of a lot faster, and grants more EXP per hour than doing it normally.

15+ Year Old Account
    For people who farm TW for the mount, skipping 2-4min for EACH run really adds up when u have to do 300-600+++ dungeon runs.
    So many mad ppl lol
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    For people who farm TW for the mount, skipping 2-4min for EACH run really adds up when u have to do 300-600+++ dungeon runs.
    So many mad ppl lol
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    to be fair i did it in 5 minutes, well doing a bunch of typing and having to show them it, they started going the other way, i told them "here" and they stopped and i had to help them up

with luck we coulda gotten it done in maybe 3

and again all the people saying "well telling people about it will make the shortcut not work"

well the hope is to spread awarness, just like how people did the original skip, that way it will become faster for everyone.
    hell it took years later for people to figure out how to skip directly from blood queen to sindragosa skipping the long ass fucking walk and the gauntlet

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Honestly, if you can't get across the water faster than your can go the other way, you're trash. Run up to the edge, jump, use a cc/stun/root/knockback anything on a fish, or hell, kill the damn thing, it has no hp. And then swim for 4 seconds. Add a speed boost before you jump off, or any kind of leap/disengage sort of thing when in the water, and it's even faster.
    We are talking about the orange (not the yellow everyone uses) way on the map, which let's you skip the snakes on the black circled area. It's by far a longer swim than 4 seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    So many mad ppl lol
    Exactly, and my point is it does not save time to swim (the first skip).

Most groups know how to skip area Dark Red. But not many groups know you can skip area Black.
    It's not that it's unknown. It's that swimming any considerable distance is fuck-slow in WoW and it doesn't actually save time over clearing those few weak packs.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Jumping down the water from boss 2 to 3 is not a speed strat, everyone does that including most pugs.

Basically your thread is about a shortcut from boss 1 to 2 by jumping in the water and swimming over. It does look efficient so I wonder why it never caught on.

Bit silly that people are slamming the OP for finding a quicker way to clear a dungeon.

As someone who was farming the mount for ages I would love this.

So we're supposed to run it how we've been running it since wotlk?

did u really start to draw lines on maps of a dungeon from 2008 because people made a few longer ways than necessary?. I want to have your time.