Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Are you trying to make it sound even worse for the officer? You're succeeding. Now we're already defending randomly shooting without bothering to aim?
    Go shoot at a car that is going towards you randomly. Tell me if you aim. I'll wait for the results of your test.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

I'd say shooting at terrorist driver is a little better than shooting innocent passengers for no reason.
    Doesn't matter, disproving his strawman.

I'd say shooting at terrorist driver is a little better than shooting innocent passengers for no reason.
    This is Laughable! Hilarious really! They had no way of knowing he was a terrorist when they shot at him! All they knew was that gunshots had been fired and he had run over some people. Sound familiar? Oh yeah, all this officer heard was a gunshot then they saw a car coming at them. Only thing missing is someone actually getting hit by the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Imagine if they had body cams to sort this whole situation out . For some reason "driving towards cops in an aggressive manner" sets my bullshit detector off. Police haven't shown any reason to be trusted in situations where actual excessive force is concerned so i wouldn't take their word for it, i'd wait for additional witnesses or video.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Go shoot at a car that is going towards you randomly. Tell me if you aim. I'll wait for the results of your test.
    I'd rather not, because here you go to jail for stuff like that.

This is Laughable! Hilarious really! They had no way of knowing he was a terrorist when they shot at him! All they knew was that gunshots had been fired and he had run over some people. Sound familiar? Oh yeah, all this officer heard was a gunshot then they saw a car coming at them. Only thing missing is someone actually getting hit by the car.
    Read that line more times if you cannot figure out the difference. I know you haven't yet, call me when you have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Ahem, http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/14/europe/nice-france-truck/

Police shot and killed the driver
    , said Pierre-Henry Brandet, a spokesman for the French Interior Ministry. Police found firearms, explosives and grenades in the truck, Estrosi said.

Looks like they did more than get out of the way.
    French police shot the driver after the driver was stopped. Also, the truck driver had just deliberately mowed over a bunch of people, and there were reports that he was shooting into the crowd. He was an immediate, known threat.

The issue with the teenagers is that the cop shot at a moving car in an attempt to stop it, which is a stupid Hollywood movie approach, rather than one that actually works to stop a vehicle that you fear is about to run you over.

Nice Attack: moment French police shoot dead truck driver who killed 84 innocent people
    http://www.standard.co.uk/news/world...-a3296856.html
    Last edited by Krigaren; 2017-05-01 at 02:11 PM.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Ahem, http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/14/europe/nice-france-truck/

Police shot and killed the driver
    , said Pierre-Henry Brandet, a spokesman for the French Interior Ministry. Police found firearms, explosives and grenades in the truck, Estrosi said.

Looks like they did more than get out of the way.
    Its almost as if they was a completely different situation then cops investigating a noise complaint at a house party...

but sure lets compare a terrorist attack and a noise complaint...
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Its almost as if they was a completely different situation then cops investigating a noise complaint at a house party...

but sure lets compare a terrorist attack and a noise complaint...
    Both were trying to run people over.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you understand. With other people in the car, who were not showing any aggression towards police, the officer felt compelled to risk their lives and shoot. Like you said, shooting at the car would make hitting a specific part would be difficult. If that's the case, then he should have been compelled enough to risk the lives of innocent people, to stop the vehicle by shooting at it. Judging by the fact that even after being shot at, the car speeding towards the cops in immediate danger to take the risk of killing innocent people, didn't hit anything. The speed didn't propel the car into cops after the shot. In fact, the car had enough time to change direction, while still hitting nothing.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Now you're just lying.

Care to explain what I have "spun? Here, I'll show you what the article says

I didn't spin anything. I am going by what we know. And what we know is enough to know that the officer was not in the wrong to open fire on a car that was going at them.

So, again I ask, What did I spin? What is the wrong statement?
    1. The kids fled the party after hearing gunfire

2. The kids fled in their car and were stopped by the cops

3. The kids got out of the car.

4. There was additional gunfire being heard.

5. The kids got back into the car, and backed out.

6. The cops shot at the car and killed a passenger.

7. The kids get away in the car.

8. The kids notice their dead friend.

9. The kids stop the car to look for help.

This is how the situation went according to the article, but so far you've left out part 3,5,7,8 and 9. To somehow create a story were a car full of kids was stopped but the officers had no clue who or what was inside, gunshots were heard possibly from inside the car and the car drove away towards a group of cops following the justified use of deadly force. Your whole chain of logic doesn't add up with what has been stated in the article.

Deleted
    just cr him
    else someone will flag him

10+ Year Old Account
    Well no, the car was speeding backwards and the cop felt that he was in immediate danger, enough to risk the lives of innocent people. Judging by the fact that speeding didn't cause the car to hit anything, even after being shot, to even change direction without hitting anything... as well as no other officer having the same reaction. To claim that the car was trying to run anyone over, seems to not be as clear as you seem to think.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    protecting the lives of others by stopping a punk kid from running over other cops is hardly an execution. stop being ridiculous.
    Again, shooting at a car is dangerous and against protocol, more dangerous than if you were to just let them drive away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup. Now the driver will have to live with the fact that their stupid decision got someone killed.
    No, the decision wasn't stupid enough to get killed over. Most cops, including every single cop at the seen other than 1, didn't shoot at them. This cop is the anomaly... the thing that would have kept that stupid decision from costing his brother's life, is that one cop calling in sick. If it were the majority of cops, as can be seen by majority of cops at the scene, the decision would still have been stupid... but, his brother wouldn't be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    In reality the cop saw a car that was refusing orders to stop racing at cops fleeing the scene where gunshots were reported coming from and heard. He wasnt a wizard and didnt know they wernt drunk, didnt know that they didnt fire the shots. All they saw was the car refusing orders to stop racing at cops.

- - - Updated - - -

Care to explain how this was an execution?

- - - Updated - - -

Dont worry the reachers here will claim the cop should have been psychic and known everyones life story in the car and curved the bullet to hit a crankshaft in the engine and stopped the car with no damage to anyone.
    The highly trained cop isn't expected assess the situation, he heard a gunshot so he is free to fire to defend himself. On the other hand a couple teenagers who heard gunshots isn't expected to panic and not listen to police with his gun drawn out, maybe thinking the cops might be the ones shorting at them since the media has been telling them the past couple years "the cops are out to kill you".
    I can't say for sure if the cop was fully to blame here but some parent just lost their kid and from what it seems it wasn't some bad kid who out robbing people, he was just in the wrong place. So those of you with the mindset that he got what he deserved because he didn't listen to the police are full of shit. A scared kid shouldn't be expected to behave better then a scared police officer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    The highly trained cop isn't expected assess the situation, he heard a gunshot so he is free to fire to defend himself. On the other hand a couple teenagers who heard gunshots isn't expected to panic and not listen to police with his gun drawn out, maybe thinking the cops might be the ones shorting at them since the media has been telling them the past couple years "the cops are out to kill you".
    I can't say for sure if the cop was fully to blame here but some parent just lost their kid and from what it seems it wasn't some bad kid who out robbing people, he was just in the wrong place. So those of you with the mindset that he got what he deserved because he didn't listen to the police are full of shit. A scared kid shouldn't be expected to behave better then a scared police officer.
    Is it really the media that makes people flee after hearing gun shots?

By the way, if they thought they had to worry about cops killing them. Media or not, they ended up being right.

Who exactly creates the impress of bad cops? Those that say this guy fucked up for killing someone who did nothing to deserve it or those who claim that this is the correct thing for cops to do? Who is actually scaring people of cops?

Thinking that shooting passengers stops the driver from killing cops if he wanted is delusional. Stop being ridiculous.

It was moving because they went in the car for safety from the gunshots. For all they knew those trigger happy police wanted to kill them, and some of them did. Also, read above. It answers your "omg you try run me over! me shoot"
    so how many innocent cops died? thats what i thought. that lump three feet above your ass is your head. inside it is your brain. my suggestion....use it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Again, shooting at a car is dangerous and against protocol, more dangerous than if you were to just let them drive away.
    they werent driving away. lets create a false narrative to push your point further. they were backing the wrong way into other LEOs....what is so hard about this?

[Infracted]
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-05-01 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    - "The moments leading up to the deadly shooting are unclear"
    - "unknown altercation with a vehicle.”

Can't really comment until I get all the facts, specifically why the officer discharged his weapon.

Exactly. Lots of people are going to just jump to the conclusion that "Hey, the cops were clearly in the wrong" just for the simple fact that the cop shot a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimjinx View Post
    Cops like this should be executed.
    You got more information to justify this other than just hating on cops? For all you know the driver was trying to back over a cop, he reacted, and this is the sad result.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    so how many innocent cops died? thats what i thought. that lump three feet above your ass is your head. inside it is your brain. my suggestion....use it.
    Clear show of how bad your argument is, when all you have left is insults. But then again, you defend shooting innocent people, so not sure what morality I expected.